Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dermatologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sirish KulkarniYour feedback matters!
Sir/Ma'am, My eyes has become sunken and there are dark circles around my eyes. How to cure it naturally and to prevent it from getting worse? please help.
I have mosquito allergy since childhood. There are many spots on my hands and legs. So what should I do to clear such spots. Please let me know. Thank you.
Hello doctor my self mohit jha I am 27 year old man I have skin pimples problem last five months what should I do please tell me doctor.
What if I am having rashes in lower part of the body? And rings all over the body and few parts of the face too?
Hii mam, I am 21 years old girl, my height is 5 feet 2 inches and my weight is 70 kgs, my problem is whenever I wear panties/underwear my skin starts itching and there comes red, broken and swollen rashes, I have tried changing the brand of inner garments, I also try to keep the area clean, but nothing seems to help, I stopped wearing inner garments, I only wear them when necessary but whenever I wear them I experience these rashes on my bikini line (inner folds of thighs) please help me and suggest something, thank you In advance.
Dear sir/madam, I am suffering from continuous hairfall from last 10 - 12 months. What should I do stop my hair fall?
Dear Doctor, My 10 year old son having few grey hairs scattered across his head. We don't have any heredity issues. He goes for swimming class every week. He takes balance diet and we apply coconut oil regularly. Please advise on any preventive measures or diet changes to control the spreading of grey hairs. Can we start taking any medicines at this stage?
I am facing problem on my scalp. Minimum one in a month acne on pimples with puss will appear on my scalp. And it pains lot. I am under treatment from past two years. No considerable result yet. Doc prescribable isotane 20mg. Please guide me why this happens?
I am 51 years old woman and I have got dark pigmentation on some portion of my cheekbones which seems spreading and as I have a fair complexion, it looks very apparent. Can you help please.
Acne is a disorder which is characterized by small red bumps on the skin or occluded pores in the skin such as blackheads. Acne is a teenager's biggest worry. However, it can occur at any age.
Some causes that make your skin prone to acne are:
- Hormones: Changes in hormonal balance can cause acne, especially in the beginning of puberty. In some cases, women are affected by acne when the menstrual cycle stops. The acne caused by hormonal changes may also be genetic in nature.
- Diet: Following a proper diet is a key factor in keeping your skin healthy. Food usually doesn't cause acne directly but can cause other problems such as greasy skin that are linked with acne. However, foods high in iodides such as seaweeds consumed over time can cause acne.
- Stress: The severity of acne can be correlated to the levels of stress a person is facing. While scientists are yet to figure the exact relationship between stress and acne; it is known that the cells that produce sebum or oil also act as stress receptors. Studies suggest that when a person is under stress, these cells produce excessive sebum that clogs pores on the skin leading to pimples.
- Misc factors: Bacteria, excess oil, blocked pores, and dead skin cells are the primary reasons behind acne.
- Medication: Any medicine that contains lithium, androgen or corticosteroids can worsen this skin condition. Acne is one of the side effects to a few types of medication such as corticosteroids and anti convulsants. However, this is not seen very often. On the other hand, drugs that contain hormones such as androgenic steroids almost always cause an acne breakout. Treatment for acne depends on the severity of the condition and its persistence. Mild cases can be easily treated with over the counter medication, but if your acne is severe and not affected by these medications, it best to consult a dermatologist.
I'm suffering of skin addiction by using panderm plus cream. Pimples, darkhead and pit are come on my cheeks. What should I do?
I am 19 old girl. I am having medicines for PCOS. I have 100 kg weight. My problem is my neck, underarms have black colour. Its like dirt. After hard scrubbing it will go. Again with in few days it will come back. It's not allergy. It is dirt. What I do.
There are different types of skin and they need care according to their specific type. A secret to healthy skin is maintaining a daily skin care regimen. To construct a beneficial routine, it is important to know your skin type. Learn about the different types and its symptoms to identify your own.
Skin Types and their characteristics:
- Dry - You have rough, scaly and flaky skin, which lacks hydration.
- Oily - Greasy, excessive oil, particularly on the T-zone, is usually accompanied by large pores.
- Normal - Your skin is balanced with the right amount of hydration.
- Sensitive - Your skin gets irritated, red and itchy with the application of cosmetics and creams.
- Combination - Skin that exhibits the characteristics of both dry and oily skin
Here are some skin care techniques you can opt for according to your skin type:
- Combination or oily - Invest in a cleanser that controls excess oil. Wash your face with an oil-free soap, do not scrub, rinse with lukewarm water and pat dry. You might want to wipe your face with astringent or a toner afterward.
- Dry - Use cleansers which are devoid of alcohol and fragrance because they can dry out your skin even more. Remember to exfoliate your skin once a week to eliminate dead cells and flakes.
- Sensitive - Use a very mild cleanser with calming ingredients like aloe vera, chamomile, green tea, and oats.
2. Moisturize - Applying a moisturizer is an important skin in your regime. Irrespective of your skin type, you need a moisturizer. It helps to lock in hydration and prevent dryness. If you have oily skin, apply lightweight oil free moisturizers.
3. Sunscreen - Use a daily sunscreen which has protection against UVA and UVB rays with an SPF of 30. It can protect you against skin cancer and premature wrinkles.
Apart from following a skincare routine, you also need to have a healthy diet, proper sleep and wear minimal makeup.
Related Tip: How are birthmarks usually treated??