Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Siddhesh H Shrike
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Siddhesh H ShrikeYour feedback matters!
Almost everything you eat and drink has an impact on your oral health, especially your teeth. This impact is not just due to the food's nutritional value, but also because parts of the mouth come in direct contact with the food that is taken. For example, if the teeth come in contact with a compound that has a pH value lower than 5.5, the enamel of teeth can get softened.
The following is a list of the foods, which are good for your teeth:
- Dairy products: Milk and most other dairy products are rich in calcium and protein. The cells called osteoblasts absorb calcium and create the protein tissues, which are the building blocks of the skeleton. An added advantage of these foods is that they are low in sugar content, which is beneficial for the teeth.
- Water: Fluoridated water is extremely good for bone and dental health. Minerals like chlorine, calcium, phosphorus and fluorine can prevent damage caused by acidic foods.
- Dry fruits: Most nuts are protein rich. The processes of biting and chewing also stimulate the salivary glands and saliva helps to clean the mouth and maintain oral health.
- Meat: Meat is also high in protein content and so it helps to protect the teeth and replenish the dissolved enamel. Fish and eggs are similarly helpful.
Here is a list of things that you should consume in regulated quantities to maintain dental health:
- Citrus fruits: Fruits like lemons, oranges, grapes etc contain citric acid. Acidic foods erode the tooth enamel and so these kinds of fruits should be included in your daily diet in small portions.
- Carbonated drinks: Most soft drinks and beverages contain large quantities of sugar. The sugar can be used by the dental plaque (mass of bacteria growing on the inside on the mouth) to produce acids and over time, which gives rise to a thick yellow layer on the teeth, damaging them.
- Candied sugar: Foods that are sticky can remain stuck in between the teeth for a very long time and cause decay of the enamel and harm the gums. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
I am 21 year male, i've sensitivity problem in my teeth! I can't even drink normal water! what should I do?
I had removed my last teeth on the left side of the upper law 1week back. Can you please suggest me is it again necessary to remove the last teeth of the lower jaw also even though it is good? However, it is wisdom teeth (lower last teeth). Is it necessary t o extract wisdom teeth (if I don't have any pain) but people are suggesting me to extract as upper last teeth has removed due to decayed and it will be problem in future if I carry the wisdom teeth, Thanks for your valuable suggestion.
Two to three of my teeth do move when touched or I eat something. Gaps are also there please advise.
I'm suffering from ulcer on my lower lip. Since 4 or 5 days what is best curable medicines for this? And what is the reason behind it?
If you are advised to wear braces, it could be due to crooked / improperly positioned teeth which are not cosmetically pleasing or are not very efficiently chewing the food. Today, there is a big variety of braces available to correct the problems. Although all braces serve a similar purpose, but not all braces are suitable for everyone. Here, I am trying to explain some of the types of braces available, which will help you in a better understanding of braces.
- Metal braces: These braces are placed in the outer side of the teeth . A wire is then placed in the brackets which helps in realigning your teeth. This wire needs to be replaced from time to time with other wires usually the wires are replaced in 4 to 6 weeks. This type of braces are the most are the most affordable of the lot and thereby the most common choice.
- Ceramic braces: These types of braces are very similar to the metal braces in terms of functionality. The advantage of ceramic braces is that they resemble the colour of the teeth and are less noticeable. These braces are costlier than their metal counterpart and take a longer time to mount. One common complaint about these braces is that they become yellowish over time. It is therefore very important to clean your teeth properly on a daily basis.
- Lingual braces: Lingual braces mounted at the back of the teeth. As a result, these braces are hardly visible. They are typically recommended to those whose teeth are not very crooked and the amount of teeth straightening required is very less. These braces are ideal for those patients who require an orthodontic device for a long time. They require very good oral hygiene and are also expensive when compared to other braces.
- Damon braces / Self-ligating braces: Damon braces can be mounted on any patient who is fit to get for regular braces. These braces do not require any extra attachment for holding the wire in place. The wire can straight away pass through the brackets making the treatment time shorter by a good six months or so. The healing process tends to be faster with these braces and is one of the easier ones to mount onto the teeth.
They are costing almost close to the cost of the lingual braces. These details are to give you a broad overview of the types of fixed braces available. Your orthodontist will be able to discuss the pros and cons of each after analysing the changes needed and desired. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist.