Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Siddhesh H ShrikeYour feedback matters!
The smile is the first thing we notice about a person, and more than anything else, it reveals the teeth first. We all yearn for that set of perfectly aligned teeth that are pearly white in color. However, this is not a reality in all people.
Due to various reasons, the teeth are not always bright and white. In some cases, the high fluoride content in the water can lead to fluorosis, which causes irregular patches on the teeth. Chewing tobacco and smoking are another reason for teeth discoloration, ranging from yellow to brown to black. The most inevitable of all reasons is ageing, where they naturally change to a darker shade of yellow. However, dental technology has also improved to come up with various solutions, so that the dream for that set of pearly whites can be made a reality.
Bleaching is by far the most commonly used method for teeth whitening. The tooth has an outer layer called enamel, a next layer called dentin, and a final inner layer called the pulp. The enamel contains organic particles that give the tooth its color, and the bleach material attacks these organic particles and thereby removes the stains.
It is always advisable to use tooth bleaching under the supervision of a dentist. A thorough examination and diagnosis is required before deciding on one of the two modes of bleaching.
- In-office bleaching: This involves use of whitening gels that are not available over the counter. The gel is applied on the discolored portions of the teeth to leave a whiter tooth behind after the stipulated time.
- Home bleaching: In cases where more regular application is desired, the patient is given a kit which has customized trays and the whitening gel. The patient is educated on a schedule including how and when to apply the gel and instructions for this application.
In addition, for minor discolorations, there are other options as below:
- Whitening strips: These strips are similar to adhesive bandage and contain the bleaching agent. They are applied onto the tooth and left for usually about 30 minutes to take effect.
- Brush-on whitening: These gels are applied directly on the tooth and left for a while or overnight if required.
- Whitening chewing gum: For the chewing gum lovers, this could be an option. These chewing gums are similar to any chewing gum but include bleaching agents.
Side effects: Sensitivity and gum irritation are the two common side effects of bleaching. This could be either from the chemical or the trays that are used. The need to repeat the treatment again is another shortcoming. Repeated visits to the dentist may be needed once or twice a year to maintain the pearly white smile!
I have a cavity. Some doctors say that I need to take rootcanel treatment. But it do not pain. Once the tooth was filled with cement and not tooth lost the cement. Please suggest the treatment and kind of food to avoid. Will eating tamarind leads increase in cavity.
Dental problem I have very yellow teeth. I dont like the colour I went to dentist, he said my colour of teeth is only yellow. How can this be even possible? What should i do to get whitter teeth?
I am worried about my eight I'd it OK of I have to work out and my teeth is paining simultaneity how to so it.
Hello I am 55 years old. Mujhe mouth maim chale ho gaye hain, almost from 6 months, sab doctors ko dikhaya. Relief to hota hai recovery nahi hoti. Saare tests bhi karwaye hain. Please suggest me a gud treatment, evrn I am not able to eat properly.
I am 20 years old. I am having a problem of bleeding gums for the past two days. I smoke cigarette for past 4 months. I need your advice regarding this.
I was prescribed with amoxicillin by my dentist. The reason my dentist gave me that antibiotic was because my gums got swollen with a big of puss which made one side of my throat hurt. All of this was caused because of my wisdom teeth. The amoxicillin was given to ease the pain and swelling in order for me to remove 2 of my wisdom teeth. The amoxicillin i'm currently taking is 500mg which I take 3 times a day. I have approximately 6 more days before I finish taking it. My question is, am I able to consume alcohol such as vodka, beer, or wine while taking this antibiotic for that specific reason.
Sir, I am feeling pain in gums below one teeth and sometime pus is also comes from it on pressing gums. Kindly advice.
Have removed two molars. Doctor suggest to implant teeth.What is the cost of implants , advantage and disadvantage ?
Hi I am 32 years old male. I am suffering with excessive mouth water in sleep I would like to know which doctor do I need to consult .
I am 33 years old and my upper front teeth are have gaps in between, and also one was broken replaced with ceramic one it has become pale yellow, kindly suggest treatment and cost also.
An obvious gap between the teeth may be caused due to a condition known as Diastema. This usually manifests as space between two teeth. This condition is caused due to a mismatch between the size of the bones in the jaw and the size of the teeth. This in turn, gives rise to extra space between the two teeth and may also lead to overcrowding of teeth in the mouth. The space usually occurs when the teeth are too small and the jaw is larger. Also, an oversized tissue known as the labial frenum can cause a gap between two teeth. Let us look at the ways in which this condition can be prevented and treated.
1. Prevention: Not pushing your tongue between the teeth during the teeth growing stage can ensure that this condition does not occur. Children tend to rub their tongue along the jawline when the teeth are growing, whether it is the milk teeth or the permanent ones. This can cause a gap. Also, maintaining good oral health and hygiene can help in preventing this condition. One must brush at least twice a day and floss regularly too, in order to ensure that the gap between the two teeth does not widen.
2. Orthodontic Treatment: Braces are one of the most common ways of fixing this problem. The orthodontic surgeon will usually install these braces, which will remain in the mouth of the patient for a year or more, depending on the severity of the condition. On a monthly basis, the braces will need to be tightened so that the jaw can facilitate the movement of the teeth to close the gap.
3. Tooth Extraction: In many cases, when the braces are installed, the doctor may also have to remove or extract teeth on the sides to make space for the teeth and their movement. This is usually done when there is a related ailment like overcrowding of the teeth.
4. Crowns and other Dental Installations: Crowns, veneers as well as bonding can help in cases where the lateral incisors may be smaller than what is normal. Also, dental implants or a bridge or even a partial denture may be required in cases where extensive dentistry will be called for.
5. Frenectomy: This surgery can help in closing the gap formed by a large labial frenum.
6. Gum Health: In case there is an infection or any other problem in the gums due to implants or braces, the gum health will have to treated and restored first and then the implants or braces can be reinstalled.
One should also wear retainers for a while after the gap has closed so that it does not appear again.
Use of braces for kids and teenagers to correct mal-aligned teeth not only helps in the creation of proper aesthetics, but it also helps in the good arrangement of teeth for proper chewing and do get a balanced face.