Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shobha GarniyaYour feedback matters!
I am 42 years woman, my left overy was excluded on 2007, period is normal. Now, can I intercourse without condom or other barrier method?
Me and my wife had sex. But we don't want child now. We should sex twice in a week. But we don't want pregnancy. When should we have to sex. And which day is better to sex to avoid pregnancy.
I have delivered a baby. I don't have enough milk to feed my baby as after one week of delivery my stiches got broken. Dr. Gave me strong antibiotics and because of antibiotics my milk got vanish. Please suggest me some medication or anything by which I could feed my baby and my milk back.
I'm suffering heartburn for 3 days, I took gelusil tablets twice but didn't worked out, give me some Remedies.
Truth is, you can.
Your body is an intelligent temple. It always gives off alarms or notifications if something is going wrong somewhere. These few signs can alert you that your thyroid may not be functioning as well as it should be:
1. You have begun to gain weight suddenly.
2. Your energy levels have drastically gone down.
3. You are sweating more than you usually do (even during cold weather).
4. Your skin has become dry and hair has become strawy and brittle.
5. Your appetite has reduced.
6. You have suddenly become constipated.
If you begin to experience a combination of any of the above symptoms, it is advisable to get your thyroid levels checked.
My wife is at 6th month of pregnancy, age 29, her OG gave triple A cal fd and rubired syrup alone. Is that enough. She feels discomfort after taking triple a cal. Moreover she experiences a pricking pain upper part of abdomen. Kindly clarify our doubts.
Curd vs. Milk- how should you get your daily dose of calcium?
Calcium is an essential mineral that is required by the body for various functions. It is used for building and maintaining strong bones and teeth. It is also used in the cardiovascular and nervous systems for preventing all kinds of health conditions such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, lyme disease, etc.
It is, thus, extremely necessary to have calcium-rich foods as a part of your daily diet. Dairy products constitute as the primary source of calcium on an everyday basis. Of these, milk and curd are the two most important. But in case, you're wondering which one of the two is better for you, read on to find out.
There has been much debate about which is the better source of calcium - milk or curd. In very simple terms, milk ranks higher than curd in terms of calcium content. 100g of milk contains around 125mg of calcium, whereas 100g of curd has a lower calcium content of approximately 85mg. So if you really want to up your calcium intake, milk will be a better choice.
Other health benefits
If one is to take into consideration other health benefits provided by these two food products, curd takes the lead by a landslide.
Following are the known benefits of curd:
- It is far easier to digest
- It is a suitable dairy product for those who are lactose intolerant
- It cleanses the digestive tract
- It prevents infections of the stomach and intestines
In the end, it's for you to decide what your body needs more. If it requires more calcium, choosing milk would be wise; but if you cannot digest milk, opting for curd will ensure you get a healthy dose of calcium along with scores of other health benefits.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'consult'.
Is it safe to have sex in missionary position as my wife's date have missed is there any disadvantages as she stops me to put weight on her stomach is there any other safe position for sex.
I am 29 yrs old male. Height is 5'8 & weight is 106 kgs. I want to reduce my weight but hav no time for exercise. Please suggest me something to reduce it as we are trying to conceive.
I am a boy of 17. But I want to be a girl, I really wanna stop this, but I not able to do. Will you give me some suggestion.
Hi Doctor, Please advise how long does it take to get pregnant? I am 30 year old and have been trying from last 2 months. Thanks.
I am 30 years old woman. I am trying to conceive last 4years but failure. Doctor said I have pcos problem. I have many facial hair on my face what should I do for that? last 4 month I was taken dabar ashokaristha. I have very low period and around only one or two days. What should I do? please help me.
I am a very exercise loving person. I alternatively run and do jumprope. Is it okay to do such exercise during periods?
Meri wife pregnant hai. Last mens date 5 september hai. Last 1 month se loose motion ho raha hai. Iske liye Rifaxamine 400 mg and lactobacilos 200 milion 5 days tak diya gaya. Fayda nahi hone par metronidazile 400 mg and lactobacilus 5 days diya gaya. Loose motion thik ho gaya lekin medicine band karne ke bad phir se suru ho gaya. Din me 3 to 4 times loose motion ho raha hai. Kabhi kabhi halke se pet me dard ho kar loose motion ho raha hai. Folic acid ki tablet bhi diya ja raha hai. Please help.
हम सभी अंदर से सुंदर दिखने और त्रुटिरहित त्वचा की इच्छा रखते हैं। लेकिन जैसा कि हम सभी जानते हैं, शेल्फ से, वाणिज्यिक, सौंदर्य उत्पाद इतने महंगा हो सकते हैं। इसके अलावा, उनमें से कई में कठोर तत्व होते हैं जो आपके लिए हानिकारक भी हो सकते हैं। पर्यावरण में पाए जाने वाले विषाक्त पदार्थों और हानिकारक रसायन स्थिति को बदतर बना देते है।
हमारी गतिहीन जीवन शैली, अनुचित आहार, और शराब और धूम्रपान भी हमारे सुंदर और स्वस्थ होने में एक बाधा बन जाते हैं। लेकिन, एक स्वस्थ और सुंदर रंग प्राप्त करना वास्तव में कोई रॉकेट विज्ञान नहीं है। नीचे दिए गए प्राकृतिक होममेड ब्यूटी टिप्स और कुछ प्रयास के साथ आप हर त्वचा की समस्या को ठीक कर सकते हैं और लुभावनी सुंदर हो सकते हैं। आपकी त्वचा को सर्वोत्तम तरीके से बनाए रखने के लिए इसकी विशेषताओं, आवश्यकताओं और कमियों को समझना बहुत महत्वपूर्ण है। अपनी त्वचा का प्रकार निर्धारित करें, समस्याओं की तलाश करें और फिर इसके लिए उचित घर उपाय चुनें।
घर का सौंदर्य युक्तियाँ
त्वचा, शरीर और स्वास्थ्य के लिए महंगे सौंदर्य उत्पादों के कुछ प्राकृतिक विकल्प यहां दिए गए हैं:
- हनी फेस मास्क, तैलीय त्वचा के लिए:कच्ची शहद स्वाभाविक रूप से एंटी-बैक्टीरियल और नरम, सुंदर त्वचा पाने के लिए एक त्वरित तरीका है। हनी में जीवाणुरोधी और एंटीसेप्टिक गुण होते हैं जो तेल स्राव को कम करने में मदद करते हैं। एक कटोरे में नींबू का रस और शहद मिलाएं। चेहरे पर इस मिश्रण को लागू करें और इसे लगभग 15-20 मिनट तक सूखने दें। फिर इसे धो लें।
- ब्लैकहैड्स के लिए:धनिया के पत्तों और हल्दी पाउडर का चेहरा पैक ब्लैकहैड्स के लिए एक महान समाधान है। धनिया गंदगी को साफ करने का काम करता है, जबकि हल्दी आपकी त्वचा में अतिरिक्त तेल निकालने में मदद करती है। हल्दी पाउडर के दो चम्मच के साथ धनिया को हल्का पीसकर पेस्ट बना लें। इस पेस्ट को अपने चेहरे पर लागू करें और इसे रात भर रखें। अगले दिन ठंडे पानी के साथ इसे धो लें। ब्लैकहैड से छुटकारा पाने के लिए, इसका नियमानुसार सप्ताह में कम से कम दो बार पालन करें।
- शुष्क त्वचा के लिए फेस पैक:दही और बेसन शुष्क त्वचा के लिए चमत्कार कर सकते हैं। बेसन त्वचा के लिए एक सफाई एजेंट के रूप में कार्य करता है और दही में मॉइस्चराइजिंग प्रभाव होता है। इसलिए, दही और बेसन का फेस पैक शुष्क त्वचा को पोषण देने और मृत कोशिकाओं को हटाने के लिए एक अद्भुत तरीका है। चिकना पेस्ट बनाने के लिए बेसन के दो बड़े चम्मच, दही के एक चम्मच, शहद के एक चम्मच और हल्दी की एक चुटकी मिलाएं। अपने चेहरे पर समान रूप से लागू करें और इसे लगभग पांच मिनट के लिए छोड़ दें और फिर इसे ठंडे पानी से धो लें। सूखी त्वचा का इलाज करने के लिए आप इसे नियमित रूप से कर सकते हैं।
- चेहरे पर दाने के लिए:चंदन पाउडर के आधा चम्मच के साथ हल्दी पाउडर की एक छोटी मात्रा और मुल्तानी मिट्टी के दो चम्मच मिलाएं। एक पेस्ट बनाने के लिए थोड़ा नींबू का रस जोड़ें और इसे अपने चेहरे पर लागू करें। इसे सूखने दें और फिर इसे ठंडे पानी से धो लें।
मुतानी मित्टी मैग्नीशियम क्लोराइड का समृद्ध स्रोत है, और मुँहासे के निशान को कम करने और त्वचा को साफ रखने में मदद करता है। जबकि, हल्दी एक एंटीसेप्टिक है और आपकी त्वचा के पीएच स्तर को भी बनाए रखता है।
- कोहनी और घुटने को चमकदार बनाने के लिए:एक संतरे को बीच मे से काट लें और अपने कोहनी और घुटनों पर रगड़ें। उसके बाद इसे धो लें।
- शारीरिक स्क्रब:नारियल के तेल के दो बड़े चम्मच, दालचीनी का एक चम्मच, कसा हुए अदरक का एक चम्मच, ब्राउन शुगर का एक बड़ा चमच और जई का एक बड़ा चमच मिलाएं। यह मृत त्वचा कोशिकाओं से छुटकारा पाने में मदद करता है, नरम और अधिक चमकदार त्वचा पाने के लिए।
- प्राकृतिक शैम्पू:1 कप पानी के साथ ¼ कप सेब का सिरका मिलाएं। अपने बाल धोने के लिए इसे एक शैम्पू के रूप में उपयोग करें।
- प्राकृतिक कंडीशनर:आप प्राकृतिक बाल कंडीशनर तैयार करने के लिए एवाकाडो का उपयोग कर सकते हैं। एक अंडे की जर्दी, शहद का एक बड़ा चमचा और एवाकाडो तेल का एक बड़ा चमच, एक पीसे हुए एवोकैडो के साथ मिलाएं। इसे अपने बालों में लागू करें और करीब 15 मिनट तक छोड़ दें। फिर इसे धो लें।
5 Reasons your partner doesn’t want to have sex anymore
There are innumerable explanations as to why couples in long-term relationships find themselves in situations when either one of the partner’s starts avoiding sex for a reason the other cannot comprehend.
The explanation for your partner’s behaviour may be due to an underlying medical issue or various emotional or psychological factors. Following are a few reasons why your partner does not want to have sex anymore:
1. Physical factors: Your partner might be experiencing a loss of libido due to physical ailments, particularly ones pertaining to the endocrine and circulatory systems. Disorders such as diabetes, hypothyroidism, heart complications to name a few, affect the hormone levels in the body, which leads to the lack of sexual drive.
2. Psychological factors: Many mental and emotional factors also affect libido in both men and women. Stress and depression, which often cause sleep deprivation, are two of the biggest causes of unwillingness to have sex. Talk to your partner about what the root of the problem is and ascertain what is creating stress and triggering depression. Communication and counselling are the main ways of dealing with such a situation.
3. Excessive masturbation: If a person watches too much pornography and consequently indulges in masturbation frequently, sexual function is automatically lowered when it comes to performing during intercourse. If your partner masturbates too much, simply ask that the practice be put an end to.
4. Lack of affection: When there is a lack of warmth and affection between partners, the desire to engage in sexual intercourse is automatically diminished. Communicate with your companion to determine ways in which you can rekindle love and passion in the relationship.
5. Addiction to narcotics: If your partner has developed an addiction to certain narcotics , such as nicotine, morphine and various anti-depressants, that are known to reduce sexual drive, it could be the reason for not wanting to have sex.
The reasons for developing an aversion to sex are often extremely subjective and complex. Open and honest communications between partners may unravel the problem but in many cases, therapy and medical assistance provides the solution.
How physiotherapy can help through pregnancy and after pregnancy:
Pregnancy and childbirth throw a woman's daily routine out for a toss. During and after pregnancy is the time when her body undergoes a number of hormonal and physical changes. Mundane tasks like sitting, standing, walking, and working become a challenge.
Research suggests that almost all pregnant women experience musculoskeletal discomfort but around 25% become temporarily disabled because of it. All these occur due to the incredible changes taking place in the body during a normal pregnancy.
Pregnancy discomfort has been accepted as a part of the normal process of pregnancy for years now. But just because you are pregnant does not necessarily mean that you have to accept problems like a backache and pelvic girdle pain as unmanageable. Doctors of today have realized that physiotherapy is the key to enhancing a woman's health during pregnancy. The main aim of physiotherapy is to reduce discomfort, to prepare the body for delivery and to speed-up recovery after childbirth.
Physiotherapy through pregnancy
The basic aim of physiotherapy during pregnancy is to help the body deal with issues related to mobility, musculature, circulation and respiration. Prior to starting an effective antenatal (before birth) program, a thorough evaluation is done to recognize which exercises would be best suited to the woman's needs. These exercises are aimed at strengthening muscles,
decreasing joint pain, correcting muscle imbalances, and increasing the overall range of motion of the body. Therapists may also advise you about correct sleeping positions as your normal sleeping routine may be disturbed during pregnancy.
Here's how physiotherapy deals with some common complaints experienced by women during pregnancy.
Lower back pain: almost all pregnant women experience low back pain, though it tends to become severe after third trimester begins because the woman's centre-of-gravity shifts due to the increase in the stomach size. Lower back pain is treated with manual and passive physiotherapy, back support, postural education, and some pilates exercises. Home exercises are also taught which the women are encouraged to continue at home.
Pain in the sacroiliac joints: sacroiliac joints are present in the lowest region of the lower back. This pain is usually concentrated in the buttock region. During pregnancy, due to excessive hormone release, the body's connective tissues tend to relax so that the muscles can stretch to aid in delivery. This may cause the sacroiliac muscles and ligaments to become excessively mobile, causing extreme joint movements. Due to this, the woman may experience difficulty in lifting the leg, swelling in the joints, pain in the hips, and difficulty while standing and sitting. Strengthening exercises are provided by the physiotherapist to stabilize the joints and hands-on therapy is given to reduce the pain by realigning the pelvis.
Urinary incontinence (due to pelvic floor weakness): progesterone, which is known as the pregnancy hormone, relaxes the muscles of the pelvic floor in order for it to be supple and ready for delivery. Therefore, these muscles can weaken and strain during pregnancy and childbirth, which leads to urinary incontinence (unable to contain or retain urine) and pelvic floor dysfunction. Physiotherapists will teach you strengthening exercises to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles. They may also provide you with a pilates based exercise program to help reduce the muscle weakness that may occur after childbirth.
Sciatica: sciatica is a problem that a lot of pregnant women experience. Continuous pressure or strain on the sciatic nerve can lead to backache, and weakness, numbness and tingling in the leg or associated areas. Physiotherapy uses stretching exercises and manual therapy to relieve you of these symptoms.
Carpal tunnel syndrome: this condition is caused due to build-up of excessive fluid resulting in swelling in the carpal tunnel in the wrist. You may experience symptoms like pain, numbness, tingling, and loss of coordination in your hands and fingers. Physiotherapy techniques such as mobilization, strengthening exercises, stretching, and soft tissue techniques help to reduce these symptoms. In severe cases, a wrist brace may be provided to put on during specific activities to minimize inflammation.
Physiotherapy after pregnancy
Physiotherapy does not stop once your baby is born. It is very much part of post-natal care too. Gentle physiotherapy exercises must be started two days after the baby's birth. However, this must only be done after consulting with your doctor. Most hospitals have physiotherapists who will offer their services before you are discharged. For the first six weeks after childbirth, your body is still in the recovery phase and walking is the best exercise for you. Start with short walks, and then slowly increase time, distance, and speed of your walks, according to your comfort. Swimming is another good exercise, but you can only start with this after you have recovered properly. If you experience any pain and discomfort, discontinue the activity immediately and consult your doctor. After six weeks, with the go-ahead from your doctor, you can start with sports and exercise classes.
Women also experience certain post-natal complications. Here is how physiotherapy helps you recover from them.
Low back pain: physiotherapy techniques such mobilization, stretching, strengthening, soft tissue techniques, and hydrotherapy are very beneficial in reliving post-natal backache. Certain pilates exercises are also helpful.
Weakness of pelvic floor muscles: immediately after childbirth, the pelvic floor muscles are weakened. These muscles can be strengthened by pilates based exercise program and other exercises specific to pelvic floor muscle strengthening, which the physiotherapist will teach you.
Sacroiliac joint pain: this pain can continue after pregnancy too. Strengthening exercises and hydrotherapy can help in regaining normal muscle tone.
Diastasis recti or abdominal separation: generally this condition occurs in women who have undergone multiple pregnancies. A physiotherapist will provide you strengthening exercises to strengthen the abdominal muscles.
A woman's body undergoes incredible strain during pregnancy, and physiotherapy is something that can make the entire process so much easier. It aims not only at your recovery but enhances your body's ability to have a smooth and easy delivery. Physiotherapy makes the experience of pregnancy positive and joyful, just as it should be.