Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shahir Sherwa
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Shahir SherwaYour feedback matters!
I got canker sore inside my mouth very frequently. What is the cause for it? And what is the treatment to prevent it?
I am 26. I chewed gutkha and tobacco for 3 years but not consistently. I developed oral submucous fibrosis. Their are many whitish fibrous bands in my mouth and soft palate. My mouth opening is good and I already met ENT doctor many times and he said nothing to worry about. But the biggest problem is that I develop consistent mouth ulcers even I didn't chew gutkha right now. Doctor told me Whatever damage is done to my mouth will remain permanent but you should quit tobacco and I did the same thing as doctor said. But I'm getting mouth ulcers consistently and Whenever I eat anything it hurts my mouth due to trauma. My ENT specialist gave me Lycopene Tablets and knee cort paste. I am currently using l paste but Still I keep getting mouth ulcers. This is my problem since one 3 month. My mouth opening is good but most part of my inner mouth is damaged. I don't even posses the courage to watch my mouth in mirror. Although my ENT doctor said nothing to worry about and I'm just 26 but I've heard that oral submucous fibrosis has a risk of developing into cancer even after quitting tobacco. I'll be glad if you tell me the chances of getting cancer as I already stopped taking gutkha and tobacco products and How long it will take my mouth to heal completely since mouth ulcer is my problem since more than a 3 month.
My son age 1.6years he has 'nursing bottle Carrie' syndrome and we have consulted two dentist and they suggest me for RCT and I am so much worried because of my child is to infant, kindly suggest me the best treatment procedure ASAP.
I m 32 years old male. My mouth is not open fully. May be the reason is tobacco chawing. Please suggest any home remedies to outcome from this problem.
Dear sir/mama I just know that in my teeth some pain for few days. I know the mean of this pain in teeth. Thanks Regards Dheeraj.
5 foods you didn't know were ruining your teeth
Brushing is not the only way to keep your teeth free from damage. To have perfectly healthy and sparkly teeth, you should avoid certain foods as well, especially those high in sugar and acid content.
Fruits rich in sucrose (such as cherries, mangoes and pears) are like food to the bacteria in your mouth. These bacteria give rise to plaque build-up; and produce lactic acid, which causes the erosion of your tooth enamel.
As for foods containing acid (like meat, cashew nuts and peanuts), their acidic content is chiefly responsible for tooth decay. In fact, these foods eat away at your enamel and cause your teeth to chip and break.
Which are the foods that spell danger for your teeth?
1. Apples: sadly, an apple a day doesn't keep the dentist away. Apples have high acidic content and are very harsh on your enamel. Remember to rinse your mouth thoroughly with water just after having apples.
2. Pickles: pickles are either made of sugar or vinegar and can be sweet and sour, depending on what's used. While the vegetables and fruits used in these pickles may do you good, it's the brine that brings about tooth decay. Make sure to brush your teeth after an hour of having pickles to prevent any sort of damage.
3. Bread: processed white bread that you have at breakfast every morning is loaded with sugar. It's quite sticky as well and easily gets lodged between your teeth, giving rise to cavities.
4. Popcorn: working in the same way as bread, popcorn can get easily stuck in the lines between your teeth, leading to a rise in the level of bacteria in your mouth. You can indulge yourself in a bit of popcorn as long as you floss and brush after an hour or two of eating it.
5. Diet sodas: just because sodas contain no added sugar doesn't mean they are healthy for your teeth. The acidity of diet sodas is very high, making it one of the worst things out there for your teeth. The only thing you can do is to cut down your consumption of diet sodas.
Many parents mistakenly assume that baby teeth aren't important because they are eventually replaced by permanent teeth. In fact, early dental decay not only threatens the underlying secondary teeth, it can cause severe toothaches.
As soon as the first tooth comes in, parents should begin practicing preventive dental hygiene. Babies should not be permitted to fall asleep while nursing or sucking a bottle; this allows milk to pool in the mouth, and the sugar[lactose] in it can cause extensive tooth decay.
Offering a little water at the end of a feeding rinses any remaining milk from the baby's mouth. The gums and emerging teeth can be wiped gently with a gauze-wrapped finger.
Sugar is the major cause of childhood tooth decay; avoid offering sugary soft drinks and sweet snacks. A chunk of cheese or a piece of fruit are better alternatives that provide important nutrients without harming the teeth.