Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sandhya SaharanYour feedback matters!
Any festival is the time to celebrate. Yes, even the food you eat. Any occasion should not be feared, felt guilty about or stressed on( as to how we can lose weight or detox ourselves before the celebrations). Instead of focusing on how we may end up bingeing or overeating, why not think how we can ‘be' and ‘continue to be’ on a healthy, sensible eating plan not only before or after the celebrations but during as well. Diwali is the time to give, share and celebrate that giving and sharing, so what's more better than giving your body the nourishment it needs and it will in return share health with you.
Here are some healthy eating tips you can celebrate with-
1. Don't try to go on some fast or detox or weight loss, crash diet in preparation for Diwali. Know that the moment you go off it or let go- it will just be down hill all the way with your weight going up for sure. Instead, stay on a sustainable diet or eating plan and you can enjoy your Diwali meals in the right amount and portion. Then eating the karanji for a snack will not push the scales.
2. Avoid eating out of any emotion, be it guilt, vengeance or too much freedom. This means any celebration should not make you guilty nor should you consider it a time where you can allow yourself to eat like there's no tomorrow and it's also not to overeat because you are justifying all the pre Diwali restrictions. A good diet followed before Diwali will ensure that you eat without guilt, within the right amount and enjoy it.
3. Exercise is good not only before or after but also during Diwali. If you are not hitting the gym, it's okay. At least try and manage 30 minutes of stretching, yoga or walking at home. This will prepare your body to avoid any disruptions to the digestive process.
4. Avoid staying empty stomach especially on waking up. A fruit or dry fruits are a good option to wake up on. This helps to prepare the body to digest the Diwali foods you intend to have.
5. Avoid the fat- free, low fat, low cholesterol versions of any food. These labels make you believe they are healthy and okay to beinge on. Instead eat the sweets or snacks made in the traditional way, preferably at home/home made, which will make you eat it in a more portioned manner with the benefits of the natural nutrition of the foods.
6. Don't leave home on an empty stomach when visiting family or friends. This way you won't be ravenously hungry and you won't end up clearing the entire plate of sweets or snacks served to you.
7. Try to eat smaller portions of a sweet or a snack and distribute it throughout the day. So, have the halwa or laddoo in the evening at snack time, rather than nibbling on it through the day. This will help you stay full and not keep craving for the sweet throughout the day.
8. If you plan to have a late night party, try to have a small light meal before you leave for the party. You can then later have small amount of the meal at the party. This way you break up your dinner into two parts, thereby avoiding overeating late into the night.
9. Avoid alcohol on an empty stomach. Eat your dinner after the drink.
10. Stay hydrated throughout the day. Including lime water or jeera water is helpful for digestion as well as avoid the bloating and acidity.
Remember, if you have prepared your body to eat right and sensibly as well as stay active way before any occasion- you can enjoy the festivities without the guilt and stress of eating.
Hi, We are trying since 8 months. My wife's last period was on 9th July. Now she is having little pain in left lower abdomen. Gas problem, laziness, lower back pain while walk. While I listen on her lower abdomen I hear continues bubbling sound. Last month also same phenomenon happened but not conceived. Also nipples are slightly bigger and she feel pain while touching it. If it is not conceive, then why those symptoms? Please help.
I'm 4 weeks pregnant . I'm having pain in My right ovary to My right leg! An eco shoes that I have a folicul or cyst 3cm size. Could be this making me the pain? Could this be dangerous? Please help me.
My wife is 8 weeks pregnant. She is 51 kg and 25 years old. She is not interested to eat anything. What should be the best diet to have? Please consult me some good foods for a healthy baby?
My Wife's Periods Due dt 29/07/2015, Menstr Cycle 29-30 days. Symptoms is Morning Sickness, Brest Pain, Dizziness. We have taken Pregnancy test 2 times. But result negative. Can you please tell me what can i do?
Hi I missed my periods for d past 10 days. Also I started gaining weight in d last 4 months. I did not had any sexual relationship with my husband. So can you please help me to get my menstrual cycle? And I want to know y my periods r getting delayed. please help me to sort this out.
Hi. Just want to ask if how long do I need to bleed. Ive done medical abortion. 5 weeks and 2 days positive. That was done oct 23. On that day until oct 28 morning. I bleed. Moderate to light bleeding only. With a apple seed like clots and thread like sizes of blood. Now I only have brown discharges. My nipples are a bit tingling. When do I need to. Make.a preg test. Im worried. Cause I only got 5 days bleeding cause as far as I know I should bleed for about 2 weeks. Please help me. Thanks.
My sister s pregnant and now she s 7 months.Totally 3 scaning was taken.In the first two scanning doctor said tat there s a cyst measuring 88*54mm found in ovary.But in the third scanning doctor said tat no cyst found.Wil this be a problem during her delivery ?
There is itching and pain in her private parts. She is pregnant and she do not prefer to take tablets. Is there any home remedies for this infection?
I am 27 years old. I got married 8 months ago now we have planned for baby. What should we do for positive result.
I had a c section before 12 days my bleeding was stopped on 7today n on 12today it started bleeding more is it normal.
WATER, a basic need of every lifeform, helps a lot in fighting against some common diseases/ health problems.
Drinking water, either plain or in the form of other fluids or foods, is essential to your health:
- It helps in maintained balance of fluids in our body The functions of these bodily fluids include digestion, absorption, circulation, creation of saliva, transportation of nutrients, and maintenance of body temperature.
- It helps keep skin looking good. It helps in preventing skin problems like acne. It also keeps your skin moistened and gives it a natural glow.
- It helps in many diseases related to stomach like gastritis/acidity. Drinking sufficient amount of water daily will avoid the problem of acidity in your near future.
- It also helps in losing weight in case of obese individuals and also in maintaining weight in case of non-obese individuals.
- It helps in preventing as well as treating urinary infections.
- It helps in maintaining normal bowel function and prevents constipation. Actually, water along with a high fibre diet is the perfect combination for those suffering from constipation.
Now, the question in every mind- How much water should one drink? People drink 2-3 glasses and think thats enough for a day. Some people dont keep count and are not sure if they are having sufficient water daily.
Its best to keep a one litre bottle and set a target to drink at least 3 such bottles in a day, that makes 3 liters of water intake daily.Also, eat more fruits and vegetables(salad). Their high water content will add to your hydration.
Be Hydrated Be Healthy