Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sandeep Vasant Potdar
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sandeep Vasant PotdarYour feedback matters!
I want to know about glutathione iv injection? Will that injection makes us fair? How many seating we should take glutathione? Its benefits and side effects?
I have a small lump in my left breast since 2 years. Also a serous discharge is coming out from nipple while pressing. No dimpling and pain. Is it a carcinoma or fibroadenoma? The amount of discharge is hardly one drop. Whether it s a carcinoma? Need a surgery?
1. Do not squeeze or prick pimples it will worse causing scars
2. Try to avoid things that irritate your skin like greasy lotions oily make up face scrub or harsh soaps
3. People prone to pimples should not use bleach on their face. Keeping the face clean and diet healthy is the best remedy for treating pimples
4. In case of hormonal imbalance or postpartum consult a dermotologist for better and speedy treatment
My husband age is 49. Whenever he has any wound or even a little cut in any part of the body it takes very long time to heal up. Why is it so. Please advice.
I have a burnt skin mark on my right hand (back of my palms/near knuckles) which was caused due to hot iron in my childhood. That mark is around 2 sq. Inches and it looks ugly. I want to get rid of that mark. Is it possible? How can I do it? Please advise medication. Thank you.
I am a 32 year old female. And I am looking for a good day and night creams and seek advice on both day and night skin care routines to follow as I have uneven skin tone, dark under eye circles. I have also gone through skin pigmentation problems few years back in which my skin got lighter then normal at the sides of lip and eye area. I need some advice which products to use. And is it safe to use serums and night creams at night which are available in the markets in plenty? Thanks Vandana.
Hello Dr. M 18 years old ND I have got zits on my chin so what's the reason behind of it ND wht diet should I eat ND gv mein some tips plzzz.
She is suffering from black spots on her both cheeks from past 2 years. She took many medications but no use. Can you prescribe any medication.
I have black skin. How to get fair in 30 days. Please explain so that I can get rid of this skin tone. What are the products recommended.
I am male with 19years with oily face sir please help me I am eagerly waiting for glowing skin so please sir provide me a medicines & creams (give their particular names) for become my face white & fairer so many suggested me but they didn't mentioned their particular names so I not found that products so please any one give best product for glowing & fairer skin plz.
Birthmarks are dark spots/blemishes that are present at birth or appear soon after. Most of them are harmless and while some disappear with time, some don't. Birthmarks may cause a person to be conscious of their appearance and some types of marks may even pose health problems. You can opt for birthmark removal for cosmetic or health reasons.
Types of birthmarks
The two major types of birthmarks are vascular birthmarks, which are caused due to the incorrect formation of blood vessels; and pigmented birthmarks that are caused due to an overgrowth of pigmentation cells.
Common vascular birthmarks are 3 types:
- Haemangiomas: Bright red or bluish marks that may appear above or below the skin's surface.
- Port-wine stains: They are discolorations found mainly on the neck, face arms or legs, which look like wine was spilled on that area of the body.
- Macular stains: These are faint red marks often found on the forehead, eyelids, nape of the neck, nose or the upper lip.
Pigmented birthmarks are generally of 3 types- Cafe-au-lait spots, which are common coffee colored spots; Mongolian spots that are flat, bluish-gray patches on the lower back or buttocks; and moles that may be tan or black, flat or raised and may have hair growing out of them. Moles may develop into skin cancer.
So, in cases where a birthmark can be potentially fatal for your health, it's best to get it removed.
Here are the different ways you can choose from if you intend to get your birthmark removed.
1. Laser surgery - It's a widely popular birthmark procedure, especially for port-wine stains. A yellow light laser, called flashlamp pumped a dye laser, is commonly used for treating and removing birthmarks in children. Haemangiomas are generally treated with a pulsed eye laser when they start to grow in size and become thicker than before.
2. Surgery - Surgical excision can help remove a birthmark and minimize the resulting scar. Mongolian birthmarks, port-wine stains, and haemangiomas can be treated with surgery.
3. Cryosurgery and Electrodessication - Cryosurgery is the application of extreme cold to the affected area to destroy the diseased tissue. Electrodessication refers to the destruction of tissues by dehydration induced by a high-frequency electric current.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!