Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. S PatilYour feedback matters!
I recently got operated for Tonsils and Adenoids because I used to get frequent headaches and an ENT specialist suggested me to go for it. I also have a deviated nasal septum and the doctor told me that it may be corrected from the T&A surgery, but I still get frequent nose blocks. My question is, is it due to the weather, should I go for the operation, or should I give it more time? I had my tonsils operated on August 18th.
Cold and cough hai, Lambi saans lene me pain ho rha h chest se niche right side me and medicine leti hu to chala jata fever.
I have problem in erection of my penis. Earlier it use to does bt now it does not. Incase it get erected somehow. It looses its erectionvery soon. Do I need to take any medicine? Please help.
Hello Sir /Ma'am, from last 2 days I feel itching in my body, and some big rashes over the body, main part is hands and legs. As you know the current temperature of jaipur city is 34 degree celsius. There is no option for attachment. Please suggest me.
Sir, I had problem of acidity which lead to vomiting & sever headache particularly in the morning. Please advice diet & medical treatment to abate the illness.
Hiii I am deepak kumar I am a student during a week I am suffering from viral fever please suggest me how to recover my health again should I take medicine or not please suggest me.
Hello I have a lump in my armpit. And it suddenly started secreting whitish liquid along with blood. It didn't pain at all. But I am concerned. What is it? What can I do about it? Thankyou.
Sleep-Wake Disorder is a very uncommon syndrome which causes irregular sleeping patterns without any real schedule.
Persons with brain malfunctioning and those who do not have a regular routine during the day experience such disorders. People with changing work shifts often experience such disorder. Also, travellers who often move from one country to another with different time zones may also have these symptoms.
There's no cure for this disorder, but treatments, including hormones, medicine, and light therapy, can help get you closer to a normal sleeping pattern.
Symptoms may include any of the following:
- Sleeping or napping more than usual during the day
- Trouble falling asleep and staying asleep at night
- Waking up often during the night
Exams and Tests
A person must have at least three abnormal sleep-wake episodes during a 24-hour period to be diagnosed with this problem. The time between each such episode varies from 1 to 4 hours. The doctor may advise you to go ahead with a device called actigraph in case the diagnosis is unclear. The device looks like a wristwatch, and it can tell when a person is sleeping or awake.
Though there is no simple cure for irregular sleep-wake syndrome, however, several therapies and lifestyle changes may help a person return to a normal sleep-wake cycle. These include:
- A regular daytime schedule of activities and mealtimes need to be fixed.
- You should not stay in bed during the day for long.
- Use bright light therapy in the morning like those from computer screens and television. The period of exposure should also be increased. Exposure to blue light should be minimized at night.
- You should take melatonin at bedtime. This is a hormone that controls the sleep-wake cycle. By taking doses at the right times, you might be able to shift your body clock earlier or later.
- Make sure to make the room dark, quiet, and as comfortable as possible at night.
- Also one should try to minimize the amount of noise in the sleep environment.
- Add more structure to the patient’s day by scheduling social interaction, exercise, and other activities.
- Your doctor may prescribe drug to control the timing of the sleep-wake cycle.
Finally, you should take proper care of yourself. Make positive changes in your lifestyle. You can even ask your boss to make your work schedule a bit flexible.
The ultimate goal of these lifestyle changes is to help the person sleep longer at night and make him feel active and awake during the day. Most people have sleep disturbances on occasion. But you need to consult a doctor if such sleep disorders occur regularly.