Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dermatologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rupali Nanjappa
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rupali NanjappaYour feedback matters!
Since it was first time that I met Dr. Rupali Nanjappa I can say that she is good. She discussed with me about the problem that I have, it's causes and treatment too. From the first meet I can say that she is a good and nice kind of doctor.
since I met her for the first time I can only say that she is good.Overall my first experience of meeting her was good.
Recently found a pimple like thing on her face thats not painful or anything. Its not causing any symptoms. Its been around 2 weeks since I first saw it. Attaching picture, l hope to know what it is and ways to remove it. She is 43 years old and healthy.
I had a FUT transplant done 45 days back. Hair starting falling from the second week itself. As of now 80% of the hair have fallen. I had a follow up with the doctor he said now they will start growing. But I do not see new hair coming out. The area where hair have fallen is like a clean scalp with no growth. Normally when we shave our head, the hair starts growing next day itself. What should I do? Some dermatologists told me that transplanted hair will start growing only after 4 months. For the first 4 months there would be no visible results, but only hair loss.
I met with accident few days ago wounds healed but I'm depressed with the wound marks scars. How can I get rid of them.
I have got a patch (roughly circular) right beneath the back of my neck which has bumpy scales at the edges and it itches. Earlier it was small but now the patch has grown bigger. Please help. What it could be?
I have an oily skin, which is sensitive and prone to dust. Please tell me any way to keep the skin clean, free of acne, blackheads n all.
I am 18 years old boy from last several days I am treating from my hair fall loss. I have used many shampoos but it does not work. So can you tell the solution?
I have a corn in my feet. It is almost 3 months old. It was not giving any problem but now it has become a lot sensitive. It pains even if I just touch it slightest. I tried using corn calls for someone but it didn't workout much. I have heard that I should remove the corn root. But what are the other options.
Immediately after hair transplantation, you need to exercise little extra care to derive the best benefits. This includes immediate postoperative care, some common with most other surgeries and some very specific to hair transplantation.
The following things will happen immediately after transplant, throughout the first week:
- Immediately after surgery, like any other surgery requiring anesthesia, there will be slight drowsiness and so it is advisable to arrange for a drive.
- Expect some mild swelling and soreness that can be managed with rest and anti-inflammatories.
- There will also be a tight and itchy feeling in areas where transplant has been done.
- Spray water or saline every half an hour to keep the scalp moist in both the recipient and the donor sites. This promotes healing and also reduces the itchy feeling in these sites.
- Thermal shock would be applied to areas to damage the existing follicles and new stem cells would be transplanted. This can also produce a warm feeling, sometimes referred to as 'thermal shock'.
- In some people, there could be scab formation which occurs due to fall of the topmost transplanted hair follicles.
- If you have undergone a micrograft, then you will have a compression bandage around your head. This should be in place for a day and will cause a tight feeling.
- Sleep with your head elevated with a couple of pillows.
- The first day after surgery, hair needs to be washed under the supervision of a physician or a nurse. Use a shampoo, which contains tea tree oil.
- It is recommended to shampoo your hair regularly from day 2, as it is required to remove the dirt, blood, and oil that often accumulates at the recipient's site. This also helps to controlling infection, which is common post surgery.
- Wait for at least 14 days before you resume coloring your hair, use of hair sprays, gels, and other hair care products.
- All transplant surgeries require stitches. If the suture material is absorbable, there is no need to follow-up for removal. If it is not of absorbable material, they need to be removed after 2 weeks' time.
- Please do not get into a regular exercise routine for up to 6 weeks. Cycling, gymming, swimming, golfing, etc., are to be avoided until the scalp is completely dry and to avoid stretching of the scar.
Everyone's body is unique and responds differently to hair transplantation. Go for periodic review with your doctor to understand how your body is responding. Post Hair transplantation 2-3 months, one may consider laser hair regrowth therapy. In fact in thinning of hair, lasers may work better than many other treatment modalities. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!