Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Romi Manjumdar BanerjeeYour feedback matters!
When I wake up in the morning, my breath smells so bad. I went to dentist and he said your teeth are ok, it can be due to stomach problem, please help me what should I do?
Dental problems can be very painful and take the smile off your face completely. Those who have experienced sensitivity would vouch for it. It just will not allow you to enjoy the hot coffee or a favourite sweet or a cold smoothie. The pain that shoots down the tooth after any of these would leave the person shuddering.
The tooth has 3 layers, from the outside in these are the enamel, the dentin and the pulp. The outermost enamel is mineralized and the hardest structure in the body. The next layer, dentin, has fine tubules and when the enamel is worn off exposing the dentin, sensitivity sets in. The enamel is thinner in some portions of the tooth like the neck and the roots, therefore sensitivity onset is quicker in these areas.
Some of the common reasons for sensitivity are listed below:
- Tooth decay: As caries progresses from enamel to dentin, sensitivity sets in, especially to hot and cold foods.
- Wear and tear: Excessive brushing of teeth can lead to wearing of teeth, especially near the neck areas, leading to loss of enamel and resulting in sensitivity.
- Dental damage: Chipped or broken tooth can lead to sensitivity.
- Gingival disease: This leads to loss of gum cover over the tooth, leading to exposure of dentin and therefore sensitivity.
- Bruxism: Clenching of teeth, common in people with high levels of stress, can lead to enamel wearing and subsequent sensitivity.
- Dental treatment: Some dental procedures like scaling, crowns, root planing, and some fillings can cause transient sensitivity.
- Highly acidic food items: Citrus fruits, tomatoes, tea, etc. can lead to tooth sensitivity.
- Bleaching agents: Most tooth whitening agents result in sensitive teeth.
- Excessive use of mouthwash: The mouth rinses contain high amount of alcohol which can also lead to tooth sensitivity.
Management: As with all health conditions, the first step in management is to identify the problem. Whether it is dental decay or recent dental treatment, food habits or tooth whitening agents, the cause needs to be identified and then treatment begun accordingly.
- For lost enamel, be it decay or damage, the tooth again needs to be restored to its original form to cover the dentinal tubules and reduce sensitivity.
- For habits, be it food related or bruxism, in addition to treating the tooth, the habit per se needs to be addressed to prevent recurrence.
- For associated dental products like whitening agents or mouth rinses, talk to a dentist to switch to a less harmful product.
- De-sensitizing pastes are also available that can be used on a regular basis to reduce the problem.
Tooth sensitivity is annoying but there are ways to manage it effectively.
I am starting to loose all my teeth and they are also bleeding very heavily what to do to get relief from this?
My mother aged 60 had got toothache. Her Last teeth at the end of jaw is half broken & she had pain in the same. Cold or hot water is causing problem.What to do? She wants to be her the broken bteeth removed. Please advice.
I have problem in my teeth, there are extra growing teeth, and it's give me lots of pain what I can do?(sorry for my English)
Hello. I am getting mouth ulcer 15/20 days once. The ulcer is found even on my tongue also. The corners of my tongue will be painful at that tym. I consult doctor. But not completely cured. Am 21 years old. M suffering this from so many months! Why it is causing? How to control this?
Hi my mother is 55 yr old. She has bed smell into her mouth while taking. Smell is very stinking. When she talks, smell blows 2 or 3 feet far around her. Kindly suggest me what to do? and what are the causes for the above problem.
Hello, my sister has bad breath problem problem she brushes her teeth twice a day brushes her tongue daily .she does not have a tonsil problem. N tongue is also pink so what could be the problem?
My teeth is little bit front so I thought of putting braces what I bother is will they remove 4 teeth and then they put me the braces?
I have got ulcers in the mouth. One on the underside of the tongue and other on the inner lining of the cheek. What are some home remedies, or medication if necessary? Also, what are the causes of ulcers in mouth?
I am suffering from mouth problems like ulcer, canker soar, Please consult me. A gel or something else. Like homemade remedies.
I have gum problem from last two months. When I brush my teeth in morning blood come out from my gums. I have used so many things for this. Please advise ne what should I do? Thanks.
Here are Types, Procedures, and Benefits of Oral (Dental) Implants.
Hi, I am Dr, Pankaj Dhawan. Today I am going to tell you all about oral implants. Oral implants in dentistry have revolutionized the way we treat our patients. We are now able to give tooth in a single day to the patient so that the patient does not have to worry about the loss of the tooth. Teeth are a very important component of the smile. Once the teeth are lost, the patient realizes how important it was in daily life. Now, with oral implants we are able to restore the dentition and the masticatory power of the patient in a no given time.
The mechanics, technology and the development in oral implants have now given a good restorative option to the prosthodontist. We, at New Delhi are doing patients regularly to restore the smiles of the patient. Oral implants give the same masticatory power to the patient who had lost it once the teeth were lost. Implants are put inside the bone through a surgical procedure where the tissues are surgically removed and then the implant osteotomy site is built inside the bone. Once the implant is surgically in the bone they are given a healthy healing tank. Nowadays with the advent of newer machine implants and newer surface treatment implants we are able to restore the implants in 24 hours.
Implants give us a lot of plethora of options –
1. We can do single unit crowns
2. We can implant bridges
3. We can do implant retained over dentures
4. We can do implant retained hybrid dentures.
We can also use implants to restore the young and aged patients whenever options are available with the given bone. Even if there is a lack of bone in the patient we can use bone grafts, other augmenting techniques to restore the patient. Implants in a way are the best solution for a patient who has missing teeth.
Any person who wishes to wish to know about oral implants are free to contact us on the Lybrate platform. Thank you.