Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rekha KauraniYour feedback matters!
My spouse age is 41 years. She is healthy non-diabetic and non-bp. From past 4 months she is getting her periods 5 to 6 days later. This month shet got after a gap of 45 days and bleeding not stopped even after 7 days. But there is no stomach pain or any other pain during bleeding. She know is moving towards menopause. My question is it normal or she need to take any medicine.
Hi, normally I was having menstrual period for length of 5 days but now its reduced to 2 and 3 days also feeling lots of tiredness. Is this something wrong?
Women do not normally visit a gynaecologist, until they are suffering from any problem. Visiting a gynaecologist at regular intervals is important for good health.
Following are the 4 common reasons to visit a gynaecologist:
- Itchy vagina - Vaginal itching is very commonly ignored as most women consider it to be embarrassing, and as something that does not require any attention. However vaginal itching may be an indication of something more serious. Usually vaginal itching is a sign of fungal infection or a symptom of a sexually transmitted disease. In the worst-case scenario, it can even be a sign of vulvar cancer (a cancer of the vulva, which is the external part of your vagina).
- Painful sex - Most women feel that it is normal to feel a little bit of pain in your vagina during sex. However, the truth is that pain during sex is not at all normal. If you feel pain while indulging in sexual activity, there are chances of you suffering from either vaginal dryness or a mild infection, which if left untreated can become worse. Some of these infections can even be STDs such as herpes, gonorrhoea etc.
- Lump in your breast - A lump in the breast, whether or not accompanied by a bloody discharge from your nipples, is most likely a warning sign of cancer. You should also watch out for any type of pain in your breasts or even an abnormal growth as all of these indicate the development of cancerous cells in the breasts.
- Considerable bleeding during periods - If you bleed heavily during your periods, so much so that you have to change your sanitary napkin 2-3 times in just one to two hours, it's a cause of concern. If this heavy menstrual flow is also accompanied with shortness of breath and rapid heart rate, you may be suffering from anaemia. In extreme cases (which is very rare), this can lead to extreme blood loss, which may require a blood transfusion.
Hi I am a 26 year old women and I got 2 times abortion. One time missed abortion. One time no heart beat in first trimester. What should I do?
Cashew nuts or Kajus as we know them in India are widely loved and used in almost every course of food, from starters and snacks to the main course to dessert. Apart from being a delectable food, it also has numerous health benefits. Few of them are:
- When compared to other nuts, they contain low fat content which is in the form of oleic acid. Oleic acid is good for the heart. Cashews also happen to be free of cholesterol and have anti-oxidants which help keep the heart healthy.
- Magnesium present in the cashews helps them to prevent the rise in blood pressure.
- One major benefit of cashew nuts is that they help fight cancer. They have high copper content and also have flavonoids called proanthocyanidins which help fight cancer cells in colon cancer.
- The copper in cashews helps in maintaining the right color of the hair.
- Cashews have magnesium and calcium, both of which are important for bone health.
- The magnesium in cashews ensures that there is enough magnesium on the bones' surface and calcium cannot enter the nerve cells, thus ensuring healthy nerves.
- Cashews have selenium, magnesium, and copper which all act as antioxidants.
- They help in growth, digestion, and development of the body.
- Despite being considered fatty, cashews have good cholesterol. Despite popular belief, it is good to eat cashew at least once or twice a week.
- The risk of developing gallstones reduces by one-fourth, with a daily intake of cashew nuts. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Have you ever wondered how health affects our looks?
Yes, they do and it is incredulously true! Our health does reflect on our looks.
Just by looking at the person’s face, one can make out if the opposite person is unwell.
That is why it is important to maintain good health so that we glow through our looks and our looks seem attractive.
Your health indirectly affects your looks, in many ways. Smokers are already aware that they need to quit smoking. It is bad for the heart, lungs and brain.
Well, smoking does damage the way one looks and smokers are four times likely as compared to non-smokers to experience unrest after a sound sleep in the night.
Alcohol is another factor contributing to looking uneasy. Alcohol dehydrates the body, including the skin, which happens to be a major organ of the body.
It happens every time drinks are consumed, drinking too much, results in deprivation of vital vitamins and nutrients from the skin. Over time, drinking heavily has other detrimental effects on the skin.
Rosacea is a skin disorder that has the initial tendency to blush and flush easily and eventually results in facial disfigurement, and is found to be having a link to alcohol.
Alcoholics can also find themselves looking bloated and puffy as a side effect to their habit. One can experience the bloating of the stomach too.
There’s also the cellulite believed to build up with the help of the toxins in alcohol. So drinking and smoking needs to be kicked off if one is under the pressure to look good, and eventually feel good.
De-stressing, relaxing, being happy is the key to feeling and looking good. A change of the routine pace of schedule is good for mental health.
It may differ from a five-minute break from cleaning the house, break from work or a weekend spent in exploring something or a place that is new.
A few minutes relief is needed to de-stress oneself. But, being physically active and fit is also important.
Also indulging in exercise contributes to health and looks. It is, found that people who exercise and are physically active tend to look fresh and younger even as they age.
Thus in order to look healthy and great it is also necessary to feel healthy and great from within. Hence, from now on kick off smoking and drinking, join a gym and eat healthy.
I am 25 years married girl. I have PCOD for past 3 years. I need to get pregnant. Give me some advice.
Urinary Tract Infection or UTI is a common symptom that arises in pregnant women. If such is the case with you, then without much ado, you should take the advice of a medical practitioner. Urinary Tract Infections if left untreated for too long, may develop into serious kidney infections and may hamper many body metabolism processes.
What is cause of urinary tract infection?
Urinary tract infections are usually caused by bacteria which find their way through to the urine. They can present in different ways.
- Asymptomatic, wherein the bacteria present in the urine does not manifest any outward symptoms.
- In bladder infection, you may experience pain while passing urine, urinate quite often, there may be blood in urine or you may have high temperature.
- Urinary tract infection may also present in form of Kidney infection in pregnant women.
How does urinary tract infection affect pregnancy?
Urinary infection may affect pregnancy in different ways. If you are suffering from urinary tract infection which is left untreated, you may have an early delivery. A kidney infection is not uncommon in pregnant women and may develop following bladder infection. Regular check-ups, with your medical practitioner, is advisable during pregnancy for early detection of urinary tract infection. In case, you experience any of the symptoms of urinary tract infection, you must visit a doctor and they would advise you for a urine sample test. Based on the test, your diagnosis is made. Even if you do not feel any symptoms, doctors often ask pregnant women to give a sample for urine test periodically. This is because even if an asymptomatic infection develops, you need to be treated early for it.
Treatment of urinary tract infection during pregnancy:
- Drink enough water to flush out the bacteria. However many are also against it stating it would lead to an increased number of painful trips. But if you are suffering from fever due to infection it would help in keeping your body hydrated.
- Alkalisers and painkillers: These are prescribed whenever indicated.
- Antibiotic: These are the mainstay treatment for curing urinary tract infection. Care is taken that they do not harm the development and growth of the baby under any circumstance. Be aware of the facts of urinary tract infection during your pregnancy.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!