Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. RavindraYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor. Please answer my question. I taken my baby for fever checkup and doctor recommended blood test. Then I went to private lab for blood checkup of my baby. There lab technician has taken syringe and then break its needle by twisting needle and thereafter used that needle to draw blood from hand of baby. My concern is when she is twisting needle it might happen she prick needle to her also and thereafter use it to draw blood of baby. Can this scenario spreads hiv, hepatitis b and hepatitis c.
When my baby is examined by pediatrician, he said he heard extra sound in heart and recommend for echo scan. My baby age is 3 month. Is it serious.
My son having repeated fever after one weak before one weak platelet count 2.15 and dengue test was negative kindly advice further.
I have twin baby 5 month old I m not having enough milk can you give an advice what to give and what not to give.
This is regarding my son. His dob iis 25/03/2002. Bt according to his age his growth is not satisfactory. His height is 139 cm. My wife n my height is 5" ft. I already visit to a doc in gangaram hospital. He took so many test n told tat there is no problem and his height will increase after adulteration. Can you suggest nythmg else.
I have given birth to twins 15 days ago. As my feeding is not sufficient for both am confused between opting for cows milk or lactogen 1 powder as doctors give different suggestions. Kindly support your suggestion with reason.
My baby is 22 months old. He was vit D deficient with >10 count. After 3 months we did the test and it showed sufficiency about 48.3. After 3 months we did another test it showed 43.9 even if we continued giving supplement (not booster. Then doctor told to stop giving supplements. Is there any chance for lowering vit d if we stopped giving supplement? Is he normal now? And his hb count is 10.3.
My son is 2.5 years old last 8 months his stool is too much hard I give him so medicine in homeopath and english medicine but problem not solved so what can I do.
Asthma is an inflammatory disease, which affects the airways of your lungs (respiratory tract that pumps oxygen into the lungs). It is long term in nature. It is characterized by shortness of breath, coughing and wheezing. It occurs few times a day or few times a week depending on the person it affects. Sometimes it worsens during the night.
What triggers Asthma?
- Airborne particles such as dust mites, mold spores, pollen and cockroach waste.
- Infections in the respiratory system such as common cold.
- Cold air can also trigger asthma.
- Physical or outdoor activities which make you pant such as running, skipping, jogging and jumping can cause shortness of breath, thus triggering asthma.
- Pollutants and irritants in air such as smoke.
- Some medications can also trigger asthma.
- Stress and nervous attacks (panic attacks) also trigger asthma.
How to manage asthma better by changing your lifestyle:
- Try to avoid keeping animals in your house such as dogs, cats and rabbits. Many times animal fur, waste, urine and saliva contains particles which can cause allergic reactions and make you cough uncontrollably. This in turn triggers asthma attacks. If you have pets try keeping them away from your bedroom.
- Dust mites also cause allergies which trigger asthma. So wash your carpets, rugs, bed-linen and pillowcases in hot water.
- Bugs and insects such as cockroaches are not only unhygienic, but can also trigger asthma. Cockroach droppings near your bed, kitchen and food are dangerous and you should call an exterminator to get rid of these bugs.
- Sometimes, heavy fragrance also aggravates your respiratory tract and triggers shortness of breath. Avoid using heavy perfumes, deodorants and room fresheners.
- Pollution also triggers asthma. Dust particles come out from the vehicles and mix with the air. If this air is inhaled, it might trigger uncontrollable asthma. So try to cover your mouth with a cloth when you step out of your house.
Asthma can be very severe and can bring many hurdles in your day to day activities. Changing your lifestyle and certain habits can reduce asthma to a great extent. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.