Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ranjana KadamYour feedback matters!
I hav osteoporosis. Dr. advice me to take bone soup for faster recovery . But m a vegetarian n cnt tolerate d smell of non veg . please kindly suggest me list of foods n means of calcium sources please n advice me on diz condition of osteoporosis n hav pcod but wen I was 16 osteoporosis was detected by rheumatologist later at 25 years now pcod was detected. My one more doubt is is it bcuz of pcod I hav this condition is osteoporosis and am obese too 90 kg 155 cm.
Hi, I'm 20 years old girl. My friends says that I look 3 to 4 years older than I look. What shall I do look younger.
Hi I am 25 years old girl and I am sexually active so last week around 27 and 28 Feb I had sex with no protection but afterwards I had an ipill but today I bleed little much initially I thought I might be in periods but now it has stopped so I am in doubt about what it is exactly. Are there chances of getting pregnant Thank you.
Sir, I ejaculated on my gf underwear during humping sex panty got wet, and as per my gf she ovulated last night now we are very afraid about pregnancy, she did not take any i- pill within 72 hours, she is virgin, please help us.
Beer belly is a word that is used to describe a fat tummy that results from excessive consumption of alcoholic drinks. In case of any alcohol drink, the liver tends to burn alcohol instead of fat which leads to bigger tummies. Basically, if the calorie intake is higher than calorie expenditure, then fat tends to accumulate in the body.
Now if you want to turn that beer belly into six pack abs, then you need to follow these rules:
- Limit carbohydrate consumption: This means you have to cut down on sugar and starch based foods such as refined flour, aerated drinks and anything that has sugar in it. Follow a strict diet that focuses on limited amount of whole grains. Avoid simple carbohydrates which tend to spike blood sugar levels and aid in fat accumulation. Reduce your portion sizes to decrease your overall calorie consumption.
- Eat fiber: Increase fiber consumption as fiber is beneficial for losing fat. It helps in you feeling fuller and thus, eat less. Fiber also reduces the chances of various life threatening diseases such as cardiovascular diseases, diabetes and bad cholesterol levels in the body. Eat foods that are rich in fiber such as beans, lentils and broccoli.
- Weight training: Weight training helps in losing body fat by increasing muscle mass in the body. Muscle burns calories at rest, so more muscle means more calorie burnt. Weight training also increases your metabolism which means your overall calorie expenditure will increase significantly. If you don't have access to a gym then combine bodyweight exercises such as pushups, squats and pull ups in a circuit. A sample workout circuit would be 20 push up, 20 squats and 5 pull ups one after the other. Rest for a minute and then repeat the circuit 5 times.
- Cardio: Cardio is very important in losing fat from all over your body. Opt for HIIT (high intensity interval training) instead of steady state cardio like jogging at the same pace over a period of time. Too much steady state cardio increases cortisol levels in the body leading to muscle loss. Instead focus on HIIT which means you do an exercise at full throttle for a short period of time such as 30 seconds. Rest for 20 seconds and then to another exercise for 30 seconds. Repeat the procedure for another 10 minutes. This method keeps your metabolism elevated for 48 hours after your workout.
Mu wife had ectopic pregnancy in last nov and had an operation to remove the same. Please advice when we can try for a next pregnancy and what all percuations we have to take
If a person who usually goes through the mensuration every month but since a few months is not getting her periods on a regular basis, Is it that she cannot conceive?
After miscarriage in jan'17, my wife's whole body is swelling (mainly below knee to ankle is swelling) n increasing weight, paining whole body. She tested thyroid recently but it is normal. What should she do? Should she do other test?
Hello, my mom during periods every month. She will be getting huge stomach pain. Even she unable to get up r stand properly. So what is the solution? And she used to be fasting (without eating food) mostly.
I asked about a very easy problem related to women that what we should do when female of aged 42 is suffering from the problem mild dysplasia and chronic infection in utres.
Here are cause,symptoms and treatments of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
Hello, I am Dr.Smita Vats and I am a practicing gynecologist at Gurgaon. My areas of specific interest are laparoscopic surgery and dealing with various gynae disorders like Uterine fibroids, Ovarian cysts, Endometriosis, Infertility and high rest pregnancy. So today we will be dealing with a very important disorder which is commonly found in urban population that is the Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS). It is a complex disorder which is characterized by the presence of tiny fluid filled cysts in the ovaries which may be present in the one or both the ovaries and is also associated with irregularity of the periods or disturbance in the periods and also the presence of hypergonadism that is the presence of excess of man hormones in the body leading to more of male characters like excess of facial hair , more chest hair, hair on abdomen, thighs, buttocks etc. along with the presence of acne and may be scalp hair loss and this may be associated weight gain also and in the long term later on it may cause also pregnancy complications.
It may cause difficulty in conceiving a pregnancy, it may lead to loss of pregnancies, early abortions and development of diabetes and hyper blood pressure etc., and other complications in the pregnancy, so that it brings to the question that what causes Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. Well the exact cause of PCOS is not really well known. There is a genetic predisposition for it and the genetic inheritance has been proven. But that does not mean that anybody who does not have genetic predispositions cannot have this disease. So it is a primarily a lifestyle disorder wherein even if you have genetic predispositions the disease usually manifests the signs and symptoms usually appear only when your lifestyle become sedentary. So it is primarily a problem seen in the urban population now-a-days because their lifestyle is sedentary and there is minimal physical activity involved. Now-a-days you spend 8-10 hours sitting in the office on the desk.
Apart from that there is hardly any physical activity. So in order to deal with that, obviously then we have to address the lifestyles also which is the most important factor and sometimes in a few patients a part from lifestyle modifications a few medications may be required which may be decided upon depending on if at all there is a hormonal imbalance or if at all there is any other disorder associated with it which needs to be treated medically. So in the lifestyle modification what you can do is you can include at least half an hour or 45min of rigorous physical activity every day in your routine and if not every day then you can include at least 4-5 days in a week. So include at least 45min of may be walking, jogging or dance, swimming, yoga, or whatever kind of exercise you enjoy. Include at least half an hour or 45min of that kind of physical activity in your daily routine.
Apart from that control your diet, avoid junk food that is avoid chips, burgers, fries, pizzas, high calorie diets and primarily refined foods, white breads and rice and all these things which give you a sudden burst of high calories and which may lead to hormonal imbalance also. Focus more on fresh fruits, fresh vegetables, curds, rice, and milk products whatever low fat milk products. Eat a healthy well balanced diet. A part from that PCOS patients mostly are obese and even a fight person of weight loss whatever their body weight is may lead to improvement of symptoms and help them deal with the disorder and if at all nothing else works then physical managements is required.
If you need any further information or further guidance regarding treatment of PCOS you can contact me on my clinic or online through Lybrate.
Inflammatory, chronic and systemic ailments can cause joint or connective tissue damage throughout the body along with fever, rash, hepato-spleenomegaly and arthritis in children. Juvenile arthritis is a persistent inflammatory disease that stays for at least 6 weeks and starts at an early age of less than 16 years with no particular cause detected for the same. This is more commonly found in among girls and is associated with physical as well as emotional stress and triggers any or a combination of symptoms such as irritability, listlessness, discomfort in walking, loss of weight without any apparent reason, loss of appetite, fever, swelling and pain in joint regions. In case your child is suffering from these problems, homeopathy can be of good help.
Homeopathy treats a patient as a whole along with his or her pathological conditions. The homeopathic medicines are prescribed after a complete evaluation and case-analysis of an individual that includes the clinical history of the child, physical as well as mental constitution. Some of the most commonly opted homeopathic medicines for treating juvenile arthritis are-
- Abrotanum: If your child is having trouble in moving causing marasmus of lower parts along with lameness and soreness, which is worse in the morning then this medicine, can help him or her. It is also effective in curing marasmus in children with remarkable emaciation, particularly of the leg where the skin is flabby and swung loose in multiple folds. Sometimes these symptoms are also added with constipation and diarrhoea where this medicine can be opted for.
- Aconite: In case the arthritis is causing drawing and tearing pains along the limbs with violent and acute pulling in the joint regions and bones, then Aconite can help. This medicine is normally recommended for acute arthritis in young people who lead a sedentary life with plethoric habit.
- Apis: When the juvenile arthritis causes swelling in the knee area with stringing soring pain then Apis can mitigate the pain. The pain can spread in the back portion and limbs with tired, bruised feeling and numbness in hands and finger tips. Sometimes hives are also formed with oedematous swellings along with intolerable itching as a symptom of juvenile arthritis. Apis is prescribed in all such cases.
If your child is suffering from this painful discomfort, then you must take him or her to a certified homeopathic doctor instead of administering the medicine without professional advice. With persistent treatment, your child will be able to lead a normal, healthy life like his or her peers and be completely relieved from the suffering.
Doctor my friend pregnancy test is positive please give some natural solution for her to having periods. Please help doctor.
Creamish secretion comes just after period. And period also doesn't came as it comes before months. I want to know. Its a early pregnancy or evolution symptom. I am really confused.
Can multiple small follicles become normal? Is there any diet to be followed for getting normal egg size for pregnancy? How much time it will take. My age is 27 years. (for my wife)
There are certain foods that you should be eating on a regular basis to improve your overall health. These foods contain the necessary micro and macro nutrients to nourish your body and allow it to function optimally.
The 7 foods that you should include in your diet are:
- Brown rice: Opt for the whole grain variety instead of white rice, as brown rice contains complex carbohydrates instead of simple carbohydrates. Brown rice provides energy to the body without spiking the blood sugar levels. It is also a good source of trace minerals like manganese, phosphorus and selenium.
- Eggs: A boiled egg is, without a shade of doubt, one of the best superfoods that you can come across. An egg packs a powerful nutritious punch that contains protein, vitamin D, selenium, zinc and copper. Apart from being nutritious, it is an inexpensive source of protein.
- Apples: You must have heard the age old proverb that 'An apple a day keeps the doctor away'and it stands good even today with good reason. Apples are good sources of antioxidants, flavonoids and fiber that help in reducing the risk of blood pressures problems and diabetes. Apples are also known to reduce levels of bad cholesterol in the body. You can also take the package for Eating Right.
- Spinach: Spinach is a superfood that contains good amounts of vitamin C, and various antioxidants that help in maintaining optimal functioning of the body. It is also known for its anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Yogurt: Yogurt is a good source of protein and calcium that you may use as a part of fat loss diet. Yogurt also contains healthy probiotic bacteria that promote healthy digestion.
- Fish: Fish contains protein in good amounts, the variety of amino acids content in fish helps in improving metabolism in the body. It also helps in building muscle and losing fat. Fish contains Omega-3 acids which help promote a healthy nervous system.
- Garlic: Consumption of garlic on a regular basis is known to keep the body free from toxins due to its antibiotic properties. The high sulfur content of garlic boosts immunity levels in the body and protects it from common cold and cough.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized dietitian-nutritionist and ask a free question.
There are two types of abortion, namely medical and surgical. In case of medical abortion, pills are taken to terminate the pregnancy; whereas, surgical abortion is done if the pregnancy has reached an advanced stage when pills are ineffective. While generally there are no health risks or negative effects of abortion on fertility, there are rare cases of complications, which can give rise to severe symptoms post abortion. Following is the information you need to know about abortion and its effects on fertility:
When to seek medical assistance:
It is advisable to seek medical help if you have the following symptoms post abortion:
- Persistent pain in the lower abdomen, which lingers even after taking medication
- Excessive bleeding
- A high temperature
Possible effects of surgical abortion on fertility:
- Infection after abortion: Infections post abortion like Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID), if left untreated for long can spread and harm your reproductive organs, thereby impacting your fertility. It can cause complications like infertility or ectopic pregnancy.
- Damage to the cervix during abortion: Damage to the cervix during an abortion can cause cervical incompetence and consequently increase the risk of miscarriage.
- Damage to the womb during abortion: There are chances of damage of the womb (uterus) during abortion, resulting in scarring, which can cause fertility issues if not corrected. This is more likely in case you had multiple abortions.
Apart from the above mentioned complications there are a number of other complications, which can happen due to abortion, preterm birth, vaginal bleeding during pregnancy and low birth rate, etc. Further, infertility can also be a possible side effect of abortion pills, which happens due to scarring of the uterus during the procedure of forcible elimination of the fetus. In all such cases it is advisable to schedule regular check up with your gynaecologist.
How the results differs from mini tummy tuck from tumescent liposuction for post pregnancy belly, does TL gives good result? Mini tummy tuck recovery time ?scars? please let me know.
Among 720 species of mushrooms, turkey tail mushrooms are known for their therapeutic purposes. Mushrooms are a favorite among many people for their taste. But it is often unknown to common people that mushrooms have great medicinal values as well. In fact, there are many kinds of mushrooms which have been used in asia since a very long time for medicinal purposes. Mushrooms are usually harvested in areas of their natural growth. However, throughout the years it has been possible for mankind to cultivate them and use them for their own purposes for quite a number of years now.
Turkey tail mushrooms
Several kinds of research and experiments have been going on for a number of years now around the globe regarding the benefits and uses of turkey tail mushrooms. It has been an active ingredient of chinese medicinal tea. The benefits of turkey tail mushrooms are far-fetched, recently vigorous research work is going on in many universities like in bastyr university to find out whether the turkey tail mushrooms are effective and efficient for the treatment of the deadly disease of cancer. The research is mainly going on in collaboration with bastyr university with the university of washington and a few other renowned universities of the world. The research is funded by nih (national institutes of health). The mushroom under discussion is found in abundance in forests throughout the world. The numerous health benefits that turkey tail mushrooms can offer have not yet been fathomed by scientific trials across the world.
Turkey tail mushrooms are known for their numerous health benefits. These mushrooms are commonly found in the woodlands of europe and china. They are usually found to grow in large colonies. Turkey tail mushrooms are generally multi-colored and have concentric bands of contrasting shades. They appear in shades of black, brown, gray, red, white or blue. The body is thin and velvety with a fruiting nature. Because of their capability to form wavy rosettes, they have the name of turkey tails.
Nutritional value of turkey tail mushrooms
Turkey tail mushrooms are rich in vitamins and minerals and thus improve the health and add greatly to the nutritional content of the diet. They are great sources of potassium as well as riboflavin. The content of niacin in this type of mushroom is also very high. Turkey tail mushrooms also contain pantothenic acid, phosphorus, and even copper.
The turkey tail mushrooms are devoid of fat and caffeine. The content of sodium in this mushroom is also reasonably low. This kind of mushroom is also free from cholesterol and gluten and are low in calories. Turkey tail mushrooms contain 18 types of amino acids, ergo sterol and beta glucans of 1/3 and 1/6. Ergo sterol gets converted to vitamin d on exposure to the sun.
Health benefits of turkey tail mushrooms:
There are many health benefits of turkey tail mushrooms, these include the prevention of cold, support during chemotherapy, control of diabetes, reducing inflammation, lowering cholesterol, and more. Let us discuss them in detail below:
1. Prevent and treat cold
Because of the strong anti-viral and anti-microbial properties of turkey tail mushrooms, they can fight away various infections caused by these microbes, including common cold and flu. They greatly improve the immunity of the system and thus make them stronger to fight against disease causing germs. It is a good idea to include turkey tail in the diet when the season of flu draws nearer. The turkey tail mushroom modulates the immune system to act in a stronger way in fighting infections and germs.
2. Provide support during chemotherapy
The role of turkey tail mushroom in providing support to cancer patients has been under research for a long time now by the most renowned universities in the world. Several patients who are now undertaking chemotherapy have been adding turkey tail mushroom to their diet. The results have started showing up in cases of prostate and breast cancer already. It is known that the immune system of the body gets suppressed under chemotherapy. But turkey tail mushrooms build up the immune system and thus help in making up for the weakness caused by chemotherapy. The stronger immune system also helps in fighting strongly against the deadly cancer cells, thereby turkey tail mushroom is a potent cancer-fighting food.
3. Control diabetes
Turkey tail mushroom helps in reducing diabetes by lowering the level of glucose in the body.
4. Reduce inflammations
Turkey tail mushrooms are known for their anti-inflammatory properties. The inclusion of turkey tail mushrooms in the diet help in reduction of inflammations both internal and external.
5. Rich in antioxidants
Being rich in antioxidants, it helps in protection of the body from the harmful uv radiations of the sun. They also block the free radicals that result in aging. Thus, it slows down the process of aging. Being rich in vitamin e, it also acts towards making the skin better and cleansing it naturally.
6. Lower cholesterol
High cholesterol leads to various kind of heart diseases. Turkey tail mushrooms help in reducing the levels of cholesterol by adding it in the daily diet.
7. Aid digestion
The mycelium is that part of the mushroom which enables a person to have a smooth process of digestion. The microbiome gets assisted by the prebiotic content of the turkey tail mushrooms. This implies that the growth of the good and beneficial bacteria in the body is enhanced which includes acidophilus as well as bifidobacterium. It also helps in the treatment of the leaky gut syndrome. The process might also help in losing weight.
8. Help in aids
Kaposi’s sarcoma is a kind of skin cancer which affects the patients who suffer from hiv/aids. Researchers from around the world have revealed that consumption of turkey tail mushroom along with east african wild mushrooms with medicinal uses help in treating this situation. It is also beneficial for patients suffering from hiv/aids without the skin cancer.
9. Reduce hypertension
Hypertension or increase in blood pressure occurs due to the rise in pressure in the arteries carrying blood. Turkey tail mushrooms help in reducing the pressure, and thus hypertension.
10. Treat breast cancer
Among the various other kinds of cancers for which turkey tail mushrooms are assumed to be effective, breast cancer is one in which results from real life have already been presented. An old woman of 83 years has been known to be living a disease-free life after she added turkey tail mushroom capsules to her daily regime along with chemotherapy. The explanation that is presented is that the immune system of the patient got boosted up by recognition of the cancerous tumor, which in turn greatly increased the efficiency of the chemotherapy.
11. Improve bone health
Another health benefit of turkey tail mushrooms is that they are good for bone health. Not just this, but studies have shown that they can also help in regenerating bone marrow.
12. Treat human papilloma virus
Human papillomavirus (hpv) is an infection which is known to be treated by turkey tail mushrooms within a reasonably short time of consumption, approximately two months.
Turkey tail mushrooms are well known for their medicinal purposes because of which they are a sought-after product among the leading pharmaceutical companies. Researches are going on throughout the world to dig out more treasures this mushroom has to offer.