Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
How can I stop bleeding from my teeth? I always brush after dinner and in the morning, but till bleeding, there is no pain im teeth but smell bad,
Hello sir I have teeth cavity problem last year what should I do my self I am 24 year old boy please help me doctor.
My kid is 8 months old, he got mouth ulcer past 3 days. His tongue turned white colour and not able to suck milk also from feeding bottle. Please suggest medicines for it and dosage to use.
My lips are big and teeth are little bit front. I went to doctor and took treatment. He removed 4 teeth (upper 2 nd lower 2) and kept clip. I used that for nearly 7 months after that he removed that clip and gave removable clip which I did not use that properly. I had shown the result better than before but not fully satisfied because I had gaps between the teeth this all happened nearly 1year ago. Now what to do to cover that gaps because after teeth getting perfect and I want to do surgery to make lips smaller. Please help me out doctor.
I have changed my front teeth but it does not match my other teeths . There is a difference in colour of teeth . Please suggest.
A few months back I hd a root canal done but the cap came off immediately afterwards. I did not go bk to fix it. Is a repeat root canal necessary to fix the cap again?
It is said that oral health is the best indicator of a person's health. A bad oral hygiene translates down to the rest of the organs, reflecting poor health. And, like all other organs of the body, the oral cavity also is aging and therefore, requires extra attention to maintain good health and requires longer time to heal and get back to its original state. So, as the old adage goes, prevention is better than cure.
The following are some reasons why oral health in older patients is very important:
- Food and nutrition: Be it a regular decay or rare cases of oral cancer, poor oral health means reduced food intake. In the elderly, the tissues supporting the teeth (periodontium) deteriorates, leading to loosening of teeth and inability to eat and chew food. This gets into a vicious cycle, and for the elderly, good healthy nutrition is very important for overall health. If decayed teeth and weak teeth are not allowing them to eat well, the overall health takes a toll too.
- Overall health: Poor oral health is associated with higher incidence of diabetes and heart disease. Also, in diabetics especially, the periodontal tissue is easily affected and prone to infection. This leads to not just tooth mobility, but also root caries. The incidence of abscess and cyst associated with root caries is much
- higher than decay in the crown portion of the tooth. The simple logic is that there is more tooth structure covering the crown than the root, and therefore, the decay reaches the pulp a lot more quickly.
- Medications and side effects: Dental pain, those who have experienced will swear to be one of the worst pains to go through. And in old age, it is something that is best avoided. So, better oral care and hygiene measures become all the more important. Once pain sets in, the antibiotics and painkillers become necessary, bringing with them a host of side effects.
Simple Management tips:
- Brush twice a day using fluoridated toothpaste
- Rinse with each meal with a mouthwash is possible, else with plain water
- Floss regularly to prevent interdental caries
- Routine bi-annual visits to the dentist, especially if you are prone for decay or have dry mouth. Whether it is a small decay or a lesion, the dentist will be able to detect it early and arrest and/or treat it
- Don't ignore lumps or sore throat that is persistent
- Quit smoking, use of tobacco (if applicable)
- Healthy diet that is rich in fiber
To avoid the vicious cycle of dental symptoms and complications and their effect on general health, it is advisable to do some basic hygiene measures.