Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. PrabhakarYour feedback matters!
Mera face black ho gaya he Aur me ak student hu. please mujhe face gora banane ke liye koi cream batao Without side effects.
Hi good morning Doctor, 2 weeks ago my bike was sleeped and my face rubbed on the road now wounds improved but red spot still there i am so worried, i am just 26 years. And now I used fucidin cream and clinical lotion its good or what. Please Suggest. I hope you giving me good advice. I am waiting for reply. Good day thank you.
I am 29 years old, have dry skin, I would like to use an anti aging cream, when I have to use morning or night, if means which one is best ?
6 Harmful Skincare Ingredients And Their Replacements
Skin, being the outermost covering of our body, is not only the largest body organ but is also the one which is almost always exposed to dust, dirt and harmful infections. Although a number of skincare products are available today which claim to make our skin healthy, certain ingredients can have adverse effects on skin such as pre-mature aging, acne, hormonal imbalance etc.
Here are 6 ingredients that you must completely avoid are replace with their healthier options:
1. Triclosan - It is used as an anti-bacterial agent and has often been found to be the reason behind endocrine disruption and skin irritation.
Replacement: Essential oils such as citrus, lavender etc. should be used in place of triclosan, which are much healthier and safer to use.
2. Paraben - It is mainly used in skin care products as a preservative and is found to be the major cause for estrogen disruption, eventually leading to breast cancer and various reproductive disorders.
Replacement: In place of paraben-containing products, use the ones with substances such as Benzoic Acid, Sorbid Acid and Sodium Benzoate.
3. Mineral Oil - It is mainly used in moisturizers and disrupts the detoxifying process of the skin, ultimately causing the occurrence of acne, skin irritation and early aging.
Replacement: Mineral oil hinders the normal ‘breathing’ process of the skin and should be replaced by butters and cold pressed oils.
4. BHA and BHT - Both are used as preservatives and are leading causes of endocrine disruption.
Replacement: Tocopherol is the best and safest replacement for both BHA and BHT.
5. Retinol - It is basically used to prevent the signs of aging and is a form of vitamin A which has a peeling effect on the skin. This leads to an increased skin sensitivity and has also been found to be harmful for pregnant women.
Replacement: Hyaluronic acid and aloe vera can be used in place of Retinol.
6. Propelyne Gycol - It is basically used for the maintenance of moisture in skin care products and has often been seen to cause skin irritation.
Replacement: Use products containing sorbitol or glycerin in place of those containing propelyne gycol.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
Get rid of black skin. I was much fairer 3 years ago but now I conceived dark skin and neck. What should I do?
my cousin, he is 2 years old, he is having dry skin, his skin is very thin, has many scratches. His leg palms also got so many scratches. please suggest me suitable ointment for him.
I am suffering from scabies skin infection below waste now the infection has spread to my private part it is very itchy and my 4 member also got this problem due to skin contact kindly guide me.
I have dark spots on my face. I always apply neutrogena spf50 sunscreen before stepping out. I wash my face wid crushed pulses. How to get rod of those dark spots.
Hello doc. My sister met with an accident in 2011. She burnt her hand with oil during frying sumthng. Her right hand got burnt.in these years she had 2 operations on her that hand called grafting. But still there seems to be some lumps n dark patches on her hand. With itchy sensation .by which she gets irritated. She uses pressure garments while outing .can you please suggest anything to cure scars .and prevent the itching.
Sir my sister of 20 years of age is having a very bad ulcers in mouth and also she had some rashes like thing over her legs below her knees She underwent urin test and the amount of microscopic puss cell were 30 - 35 please suggest what to do. She have fever and little vomiting tendency bjt no other UTI symptoms.
Hello, From past few weeks sometime blood comes out from my anus and earlier there used to burning sensation but now I do not feel any burning sensation from past few days. Also I feel a lump has formed near anus area, but that is not too big, so I have taken amlox -c and also now I am using betaraite ointment. I want to avoid surgery what shall I do? Is it annal fissure or fistula and any difference between them. But now I do not have any hard stool coming out.
Oily skin is a result of overactive sebaceous glands that produce excessive oil, thus giving the skin its characteristic greasy look. Oily skin is usually caused by a number of factors, such as stress, food, genetics and hormonal changes in the body. Blackheads, whiteheads and acne are some complications that can result from oily skin.
It is important to take care of oily skin to prevent breakouts. Mentioned below are 8 tips to assist you in your skincare regimen:
- Use warm water to clean your skin: Cleaning your face with warm water opens up the pores and clears the dirt from; thus removing the layer of oil from the face more effectively than cold water.
- Face masks: You may use face mask, such as sandalwood or fuller earth to get rid of the excessive oil on the skin. In addition to removing oil, it also cleans and removes impurities from the skin.
- Limit scrubbing: You should restrict exfoliating your face 2 to 3 times a week as too much exfoliation may result in excessive oil production. Over scrubbing may cause the skin to lose its natural oils and turn dry.
- Use a toner: You may apply toner on the skin regularly for its astringent properties, that help in cooling and soothing the skin. It also reduces pore size, which thus decreases oil production.
- Diet: Diet plays an important role in the health of your skin, so consuming too many oily and fried foods can increase the chances of getting acne and pimples on your skin. Eat more vegetables and fruits to keep your skin healthy.
- Stay hydrated: Drinking water regularly helps in replenishing the lost fluids from your body and it also improves overall body health.
- Use medicated pads: To freshen up your face, use wet tissues or medicated pads to soak up the oil, which shall help in freshening up your face.
- Choose makeup wisely: It is not recommended to use heavy makeup if you have an oily skin. Instead use water based makeup that is light and oily skin friendly.
Related Tip: "Oily Skin and Summers: What Is The Ideal Way To Handle It?"
I am a 22 year old guy. I am trying to quit smoking for a while. Even though I am not that addicted, I just want to get rid of it. I will have maximum 5 cigarettes per week. I don't want any methods which contain nicotine in it (nicotex, patches or something else). I just want something keep my hand and lips mobile or busy. Is there something you can suggest me?
I have black big spots under eyes upper check zone and when ever I go gym it gets more it is not the sun effect cuz I am not practicing our door and I also use sun block lotion during the day, help me and say what is the reason.
Garlic can be used for more than simple flavouring your food. Garlic has a number of health benefits and is used to treat conditions like high blood pressure, cholesterol, heart disease and even acne. The large amount of allicin and sulphur compounds in garlic give it anti fungal and anti aging properties. This promotes healthy skin and lustrous hair.
Let's take a look at how garlic can treat common skin problems.
- Acne: The anti fungal properties of garlic can help remove stubborn pimples. Garlic can be used in a number of ways to treat acne. The easiest is to press a piece of freshly cut raw garlic onto the affected area. Let is release some of its juices onto the skin. Wash off after 5 minutes to see a visible reduction in inflammation.
- Acne scars: Along with treating acne, garlic can also be used to reduce acne scars by enhancing blood circulation that helps regenerate new skin cells. The sulphur, zinc, calcium and vitamin E in garlic also help in the removal of dead skin cells and smooth skin tissue formation.
- Blackhead removal: A paste of crushed garlic, tea tree oil, honey, oatmeal and lime juice can be used as an ex-foliating pack to remove blackheads and whiteheads. Use this mask thrice a week to get the best results.
- Anti aging: Antioxidants in garlic reduce the amount of free radicals in the skin to keep it looking youthful. Sulphur also helps the body produce collagen to maintain the firmness of skin and avoid wrinkles. Garlic is also rich in poly phenols that protect the skin from environmental damage. A garlic and tomato mask can also help unclog skin and minimize pores.
- Stretch marks: Allicin and sulphur present in garlic increase the elasticity of the skin and thus prevent stretch marks from occurring. If you already have stretch marks, a warm garlic oil massage can help reduce the stretch marks.
As with any other form of treatment, garlic should be used carefully. Here are a few tips to keep in mind.
- Dilute garlic juice with rose water or water to prevent burning and stinging.
- Do not leave garlic for too long on the skin as it can cause blisters.
- Fresh garlic has more anti oxidants than preserved garlic.
- Garlic also has blood thinning properties and hence should be avoided by pregnant women. Learn more about Healthy Pregnancy.
- Do a patch test before applying garlic on your face to test your skin for sensitivity towards garlic.