Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mayur PunjabiYour feedback matters!
Hi. I'm a male or boy does masturbating everyday or daily makes our body weak or does it makes us weak and does it affect our skin also please tel me plz.
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is a disorder of the endocrine system in women. It has been found that women suffering from PCOS have enlarged ovaries. These bigger ovaries contain fluids called follicles. During an ultrasound examination, these follicles are seen. If you are suffering from irregular or prolonged menstrual periods, acne, obesity and uncontrolled hair growth, you can get yourself tested for PCOS. However, doctors have failed to determine the exact cause of PCOS. This condition can have dangerous consequences and affect the overall health of the patient. If left untreated, it can cause type 2 diabetes or heart diseases.
What happens in PCOS?
Women suffering from this disorder experience a hormonal imbalance in their body. The hormone changes triggers multiple issues in the body. Sometimes, body produces excess of sex hormone. Women may develop masculine features due to over-production of male hormones or androgens. There might be imbalance in insulin levels, increasing the risk of developing diabetes.
What causes PCOS?
Surprisingly, the exact cause of PCOS is not known. Researchers have not been able to pinpoint the exact cause for developing PCOS. However, some believe that the cause has hereditary links.
Symptoms of PCOS
The symptoms of PCOS are usually mild in nature during the initial stage. In the beginning, only few symptoms are detectable. These include acne, obesity, extra hair growth on face, thinning of hair on the scalp and irregular periods. The symptoms often get unnoticed by the patient first or they relate those of the pregnancy.
Conceiving with PCOS
In case, you have been detected with PCOS and it is the reason behind your infertility, you must not get dishearten. You have a possibility to induce ovulation. One can opt for fertility medications. These drugs have shown success in ovulation and pregnancy.
Some of these are as follows:
1. Metformin. It helps to regulate the amount of insulin in the blood. It also helps to resolve fertility issues.
2. Clomiphene citrate. It stimulates ovulation
3. Gonadotropins. These are known to be hormone shots, which cause ovulation.
4. Letrozole. This drug is known to block estrogen production. Instead, it increases production of follicle-stimulating hormone.
5. Ovarian drilling. If fertility medications fail, doctor may try doing a surgery known as “ovarian drilling.” In this method, a surgeon inserts a needle through the abdomen of the patient to destroy a smaller portion of the ovaries. This lowers the androgens produced by the ovary.
My father is 51 years diabetic patient whose blood sugar is always high in both sugar levels and use to take insulin dose of 30 in morning and evening. For last couple of months he is always suffering from motion/ vomiting/gastric problem. He don't smoke and drink his weight is 70 kgs I want to know good healthy diet and medication because he is becoming very weak energy less person.
My father is 75 yrs. He is suffering from chronic constipation, no motion 4-5 days. What is recommended for this problem.
Yes doctor, alcohol is only occasion and cigarette ti rare to. The only concern is sperm is come early and penis size is 3 Inch. Please guide so that my sex life can come on the track.
Hi I'm posting on behalf of my sister. She is suffering with an allergy like sneezing, itchy running nose, cough some times continuos headache since from morning till night or following day also! She is suffering with this since from 8 years and visted many doctors but of no use! Now she only gets an instant relief with montair Lc tablet for sneezing. We also tried Ayurveda and that wasn't useful. Could some one please help me to cure this problem and do me needful. Thanks in an advance.
I am age of 22 I am suffering with severe headache daily. I want to know the reason behind that. Fever is also main problem to me even I can't sleep eat.
My head is aching from two weeks. What should I do? Please tell me what should I do for curing my head ache and feeling relaxed.
I am 70 year old. Suffering from PILES. Which is better milk or butter milk or curd. Ayurveda says not to take curd. But reading your views it seems curd is best. Please clarify.
I am a diabetic person and I have a smoking habit and my weight is almost 103 KGS and have a huge stomach I don't walk at all because of mine knee problem please help me with this what should I do thank you.
Is there any medicine to reduce erection? I want to protect myself. If there is any medicine please tell me the name of the medicine to reduce and completely control erection. I am bachelor.
My son aged 12 years suffering from dengue fever since last 4 days. Now fever is cured. But the platelet count is varying every day from 1.03,1.12, 1.40, 1.31 & now 1.20 doctor suggested it will improve. He is taking papaya leaf juice, fruits, tender coconut etc. Pl. Suggest to improve platelet and how long it will take.
I can't able to keep attention & understand studies. Please help me. I overcome jaundice recently. I am a thalassemia beta carrier.
Here are a few health tips to prevent the contraction of skin diseases:
- Sun protection: Over-exposure to the sun and its UV rays results in excessive skin damage that can lead to sunburn or even skin cancer. Therefore, the number one tip would be to wear sunscreen or sun block to prevent the damage of the skin from sunrays. Staying away from direct sunlight from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. would also provide protection.
- Wash hands well: Washing hands prevent the spread of infections, however, it is largely underrated.
- Include fruits and vegetables in the diet: Fruits and vegetables aid in providing the necessary nutrients necessary to keep the skin glowing and to ward off certain skin conditions and diseases by fortifying the body.
- Attend to wounds: Skin is the biggest barrier against infections and a tear or a wound can open that barrier and increase the risk of infections. Moreover, untreated wounds may become severe and spread to other areas of the body.It is advisable to consult a dermatologist for all skin, hair and nail ailments.