Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Makrand Shinde
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Makrand ShindeYour feedback matters!
Please suggest. Can I start food for 6th month baby due to not enough breast milk and what should I start baby also having constipation problem.
Hi, My daughter is 5 years & 6 months old, suffering from fever since last 3 hours and headache. I am from bangalore. She had taken breakfast in the morning. Little cold and cough.
Sir, my daughter is 6 years old and was suffering from typhoid since 4/12 1st doctor gives her aziwok liquid 200. On 5/12 2nd doctor digonise well and give tb folop 100 for 2 tabs in 3 days. On 6/12 he gave tb zipod 100 for 2 tabs in 2 days. My daughter is feeling well so May I continue these 2tabs in 2 days please Guide. Also please guide for further treatment and precautions since our doctor is on leave till monday. Thanks.
What is the difference between febrex syrup and p125 drops (for kids). Which syrup is mild and good for fever in babies?
Hello doctor, my baby girl is now 5 month, at birth time she is 3 kg wt, and now she is 4.5 kg, she is not growing well means not gaining weight, anything eating, she is omitting, that's why she is not gaining weight, what is actual problem, which nutritional diet she required? She is feeding mothers milk well but last 4 days ago her WBC cells increases due to high temperature. Now she is fine. But her weight is my problem.
Mera son ka age 3 year hai use pet me dard hota hai and cold bhi ho gya hai please iska solutions btaye. Koi home therapy bhi btaye.
Hello doctor. My baby is 4 weeks old. Doctor suggested to give him Nestlé nan pro 1.he is having it from past 1 week. Now he is doing motion in green color, even 1 to 2 times vomiting a day, even releasing gas too. please suggest me a good feed.
You might think, as a parent, that if you behave strictly then your child will become well-behaved. But research and studies have shown that the opposite happens. Strict parenting leads to children who behave worse than others and they suffer from low self-esteem.
Some other reasons why being strict is harmful:
- Never learning self-regulation: Responsibility and self-discipline have to be learned by the children themselves. When you put harsh limits on them, they never learn self-regulation. If they think the limits don’t sound too harsh, they will learn to accept them. But the limits placed on them should never be controlling. If this happens, children see themselves as being controlled and no one enjoys being controlled.
- Instilling fear: If you are being authoritarian (parenting in which there are high demands and low sympathy) instead of empathetic, then your children will become scared of you. You are instilling the power of fear in them. This triggers a vicious chain of events. When you yell, they will yell as well.
- Anger and depression: Authoritarian parenting often leads to children believing a part of them is unacceptable. They feel that their parents would not understand. It makes them susceptible to anger management issues and depression.
- Blindly obeying those in power: Children raised up in strict households start thinking power is always right. They learn to obey blindly. This makes them vulnerable to peer pressure. They also never learn to take responsibility for their actions.
- Rebelling: Children tend to be angrier and become rebellious when they have strict parents. The need to break free and not conform to the non-empathetic limits that forces them to act out. They might even nurture thoughts about leaving home and running away.
- Lying: Strict parenting creates excellent liars. Children learn to lie when they are in trouble. They think lies will placate their parents and they can get away with anything.
- Damage to parent-child relationship: If you are strict and you don’t change your authoritarian ways, then it damages your relationship with your children. Natural empathy is lacking in strict parents. You don’t understand your child, and your child doesn’t feel like sharing their lives with you. It creates a divide between the parent and child. Children never quite get over this as they grow older.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!