Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Has your child been coughing frequently? Is the cough chronic in nature, making your child breathe rapidly and does he/she complain about a tightened chest? These symptoms signify that your child is having asthma. Asthma is a medical condition characterized by paroxysmal wheezing respiration dyspnoea. It is common in children and an affected child experiences difficulty in breathing, and a whizzing sound is produced, especially during expiration. Asthma may lead to severe health complications and needs immediate diagnosis and treatment.
Diagnosis: The diagnosis of asthma is based on the symptoms, medical history and a physical examination of the child.
The different modes of asthma diagnosis are as follows:
- Medical history and symptoms: You must tell the doctor about any history of breathing trouble with your child or whether there are chances of other inherited health conditions. You must explain your child's symptoms properly, which may include coughing, wheezing, chest pain or tightness and others if observed.
- Physical examination: A physical exam will be carried out in your child where the doctor will listen to his heart and lungs, and look for eye or nose allergies.
- Medical tests: A chest X-ray of the child has to be carried out, along with a simple lung function test known as spirometry. This test measures the amount of air present in the lungs and determines how fast it can be exhaled. Spirometry enables a doctor to determine the severity of the asthma. Some other tests are also carried out for the identification of asthma triggers. They include allergy skin testing, blood tests and X-rays to know if sinus infections are affecting the asthma. An asthma test determines the amount of nitric oxide in your child's breath.
Treatment: Based on your child's severity of asthma symptoms and his medical history, the doctor will provide you with an action plan to treat the same. This action plan explains all the medications your child requires, the dosage and schedule of the medicines. The plan also includes points on what to do when the asthma worsens and when an emergency treatment is required. Anti-inflammatory drugs are prescribed to children who require bronchodilator medication. All asthma medicines used by adults can be used in case of children but in lower dosages.
You should give the asthma medications to your child using a home nebulizer or a breathing machine. A nebulizer delivers asthma drugs by transforming them from liquid to a mist. The child gets the drug by breathing it via a face mask.
In order to control and manage asthma in children, they must avoid the triggers and should keep away from any source of smoke. A doctor must be consulted to know about the best diagnosis and treatment methods.
Mera son ka age 3 year hai use pet me dard hota hai and cold bhi ho gya hai please iska solutions btaye. Koi home therapy bhi btaye.
My son has Rota Virus Infection Positive. I have admitted in the hospital. Dr. Yogesh Darji (M.B.D, P.ed)is looking after his treatment. Is he right Dr. For my son?
My 21 month old daughter is suffering with mild fever, coughing, sneezing from yesterday. Fever is around 100-101 degree. Giving her grenil syrup, ambrodil. Kindly advice me. Should I give her antibiotic.
Mother of 2 years old child, since last 2 month my cycle is irregular. Still i'm feeding to my son. Just wanted to know is it normal or have to go to see doc for same. Kindly advice.
My younger son completed 2. 5 years and still not able to speak. Kindly advice for further action. Some times he not listing the our sound also.
Eczema is a common chronic skin condition, which is characterized by skin inflammation and irritation. The most prevalent type of eczema is Atopic dermatitis. It is not a communicable disease and is usually caused, owing to immunological alterations within the body.
The fundamental characteristic of homeopathy treatment is that it targets with respect to eczema:
- Genetic components
- Coping mechanism with sentimental triggers
Major advantages of homeopathy include:
- It treats the disturbances of immune system and treats the roots of this disease.
- In most of the cases its effects are long lasting.
- It is non-toxic and causes zero side effects.
The following are effective homeopathic remedies to treat eczema:
- Weeping type of eczema: Graphite is an effective homeopathic medication that treats the weeping type of eczema that usually occurs between fingers or toes, behind the ears and scalp. It provides effective relief from eczematous eruptions that discharge sticky fluid and eczema that develops on eyelids.
- Dry eczema in knees joints and bents of elbow: Sepia officinalis is an ideal homeopathic remedy for eczema in knees and bends of elbow. It provides relief from severe scratching that occurs due to dry skin.
- Excessive itching: Sulphur is a Natural Homeopathic medicine, which is considered one of the most effective remedies for eczema. It provides instant relief from burning sensation and excessive itching. It is also beneficial in the case of eczema that has worsened due to the indiscriminate usage of external ointments.
- Gastric or urinary trouble: Lycopodium clavatum is an effective remedy for patients suffering from some sort of urinary or gastric trouble. It is also known to provide effective relief from severe itching and bleeding resulting from eczematous eruptions. It also provides relief in cases of deep fissures and hardening of skin.
My son age is Two & half years. He is very active but bahut sararati hai kisi ki bhi baat nhi sunta or na hi abhi tak acchi tarah se bol pata hai. But hum sab uski sararton se preshan ho jate hai. Is there any solution to resolve that problem. Please help.
My son is 3 months old and I don't allow him to suck his fingers fearing that it would cause infection, I am very much concern now whether to allow him to suck his fingers or not.
My son is now seven months old and when he born since then he is having nasal sound and now also coming voice from his nose. So that is cough or any else . Regular voice coming.
Hi. My 14 month old son has been waking up every hour at night since a month. Otherwise he would sleep at least 3 to 4 hrs at a stretch and then wake up for feed and back to sleep. I don't given him milk during the day just at night for his feeds. Please advise. Thanks.
Mera name shashi hai meri age 23 years hai, mera baby sirf 1 month ka hi hai magar mujhe dudh hi nahi aa raha hai mai darti hu ki bahar ka dudh pilane se mera baby kamzor ho jayega so please mujhe medicine bataiye jiska istemal karne se mai apna dudh baby ko pila saku.
Ear aches are a common complaint for many children. An ear infection can be explained as an inflammation of the middle ear. Unlike other aches, this one cannot be soothed by scratching or applying pressure and hence makes children cranky. Ear infections are usually triggered by bacteria or viruses. This causes inflammation that narrows the tube in the ear and allows fluid to build up. This fluid buildup is responsible for the pain.
However, not all ear infections need to be treated with medication. When it comes to treating ear aches in children, picking a natural remedy is a much better option ,since it has no side effects and can address the root cause of the infection. Here are a few natural remedies for earaches:
- Compress: Hot and cold compresses are very effective ways of treating pain and can be used for earaches as well. Place an ice pack or a warm, moist compress over the ear to soothe the ache. Heat relaxes the muscles and stimulates blood flow while ice controls inflammation and swelling. Hot and cold compresses should not be applied for over 20 minutes at a time.
- Water: Some actions can help open up the eustachian tube to the middle ear. Swallowing is one such action. To encourage your child to swallow, offer him lots of fluids.
- Oil: Before using oil to treat an earache ensure that your child is not suffering from a ruptured eardrum and there is no fluid leaking from the ear. Pouring a few drops of warm olive oil or sesame oil can help soothe the pain by opening up the eustachian tube. It can also prevent the buildup of excessive ear wax and form a protective layer on the outer ear against bacteria and other infections.
- Elevate the head: Elevating a child's head can help improve sinus drainage. When it comes to children, instead of using a pillow below their head, place the pillow below the mattress to create a gradual slope.
- Onion: Onions can be used in many different ways to treat earaches. You could either juice an onion and put a few drops of the same in the ear or slice an onion in half and heat it before placing it over the ear like an ear muff. Onion contains anti inflammatory and antibacterial properties that help soothe earaches effectively and quickly.
If the earache does not reduce or if there is a discharge from the ear, do not continue to self treat it and consult a doctor immediately.
Related Tip: "Common Ear Infections: What You Should Know About Them"