Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Lalita Turkar
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Lalita TurkarYour feedback matters!
In vitro fertilization (IVF) is a medical procedure that side-steps the sexual act of conceiving and helps infertile couples, conceive a biological child. It involves the manual process of fertilization by combining an egg and sperm in the laboratory and then implanting the embryo into the female to impregnate her.
The inability to give birth through the natural way is caused due to complications like: blocked fallopian tubes, unexplained infertility, polycystic ovary syndrome or PCOS, endometriosis: where parts of the womb lining grow out of the womb, premature ovarian failure and so on.
If you or your partner is having trouble conceiving, you should opt for in vitro fertilization. It holds benefits like-
1. High success rates: Women who underwent in vitro fertilisation using fresh embryos of their own fresh eggs, the projected live birth percentage was 32.2% for those under 35 years, 27.7% for women aged between 35 and 37 years, lowering to 5.0% in 43 to 44 year olds and 1.9% for ages above 45. It has been proved that a female’s ability to conceive decreases with age. If infertility is detected at a younger age, the process of IVF is highly advantageous and successfully results in childbirth.
2. Proven track record: Technology has come a long way since the first baby via IVF Louise Brown was born in 1978 using a natural IVF. Medical techniques have advanced to create safer and successful treatment. The usage of the safest forms of IVF with low drug regimens today, have prevented side effects such as ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS).
3. Harvests multiple eggs: If you are planning to have more than one child, via IVF you can freeze multiple eggs for future use. Unused or spare embryos can be donated to medical organisations for research purposes or to another couple willing to have a child.
IVF has proven successful in giving couples a wholesome and happy life.
My age is 30years and This month period started on 4th feb, and again its started on 22nd feb, this is the first time its happend, Every time my Menstrual cycle takes 30 to 35 Days, Is there any Reason for early period.
Genophobia or coitophobia is the irrational psychological fear of intercourse. It is a type of a phobia and people suffering from it fill all or most of the criteria of specific phobia according to the ICD (The International Statistical Classification of Diseases). Genophobic people may be terrified of sexual intercourse or all acts involving sex. It is different from erotophobia in the sense erotophobia is the irrational fear of sexuality and not the act in itself.
- The causes of genophobia may be attributed to different experiences and origins according to different psychological perspectives. According to the psychoanalytic perspective, genophobia may be caused by the rigid or extremely religious upbringing, which affected the development of ego, making the individual fear all acts that are sexual because it causes moral anxiety and a severe clash of the superego (ethical portion of one's personality)and i'd (primitive component of one's personality).
- According to the learning perspective, genophobia may develop due to an unpleasant sexual experience such as rape or molestation. Rape Trauma Syndrome leads the survivor to relive the trauma several times and develop apprehension. They may begin to fear sex eventually by relating it to the unpleasant experience, eventually leading to genophobia. It may also be caused if the individual observes sexual acts that are traumatizing in nature, in media or otherwise.
- It may also result from severe performance anxiety, especially for those who lack sexual experience and have abstained from sex for a prolonged period of time. There is also a chance that other phobias, such as the fear of diseases, especially STDs, may lead to a fear of sexual acts. Some people might relate sexual intercourse with acquiring diseases, thus leading to the development of genophobia.
Symptoms: Symptoms of genophobia include the fear of sexual intercourse and all acts within, breathlessness, nausea, dizziness, feeling sick and fear of losing control. All these symptoms take place in the context of sexual acts.
Treatment: Genophobia is treated like all other phobias. Therapeutic technique such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (a conversation centric therapy that focuses on how thoughts and beliefs can affect one's actions) is widely used in the treatment of genophobia along with medications. The therapeutic technique varies from patient to patient. For instance, the therapeutic technique used for a rape survivor would be completely different from that which is used for an individual with a fear of STDs. With proper treatment, genophobia is curable, eventually allowing the individual to have a particularly healthy sex life.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I took medicine to avoid my period time near my marriage date of February. Then after 5 days, i.e on february 13 I attended my period. Then after a week I stated mating with my husband. Then on March 13 I didn't attend my period. Thought that I gonna attend pregnancy but unfortunately I attend my period on March 29. What is the reason for such delay period? Whether because of medicine I took or something? And also tell me when can I start to mate with my husband to attain pregnancy from the information provided above. please help me. I am not not aware of when to have sex and how many days in a week to attain pregnancy.
My first baby has down syndrome. I am pregnant with 5 week. I want to protect my second child to down syndrome.
- Continuous hammering on the mind of many subconscious things or negativities from childhood or suroundings can cause Erectile dysfunction.Even such cases land in big trouble because nobody knows how to treat them and psychiatrists may hurt self pride too.
- Positive suggestions like hypnotherapy by a counselor or doctor or even self help a lot.Of late some people lose erection just by performance anxiety.They also land in a vicious cycle later on that they may not achieve the tightness or penetration etc.
- By self hypnotism I was able to achieve very good results in some cases of non consummation of marriage due to anxiety,fear,BP,diabetes,Obesity,etc illness.And it also helped me in using less medicines and getting maximum and permanent results.Online or video consultations also helped and partners got convinced,conceived too.Also the best achievement was we could prevent break ups or divorce and despair.
- And it goes without saying that porn addcitions etc decreased considerably ,the cause of today's problems.
- So do self suggestions everyday for everything and get something corrected rather than become "good for nothing".
Meri gf ko 5sep ko mc hui jo 8 ko band ho gai. Fir humne 16 sep ko sex kiya aur 17 sep ko mene use ipill khila di. 19 sep ko fir use date hui jo 28 sep ko rukee. Mene 11 oct ko uska pregnancy test kiya jo negative tha. Per 15 oct ko use fir thodi si bleeding hui. Muje dar lag ra h kai vo pregnant tho nai h. please meri help kigiye. Use date kyu ni ho ri h plz
I am a 31 year old recently married since 3 months. I am planning for a child but still not been able to conceive. Please advice for any tests or medication ?
I have pcod problem. I am taking thyronorm 25 mg, ubiphene 200 mg, emgra 2 mg, folygel, ovabless, optogest 200 mg and injection LUPI HCG 10000unit. Is this worthfull.
I am Dr. Vishakha Munjal. I am a laparoscopy surgeon and infertility specialist. Today, I am going to talk about the role of laparoscopy and hysteroscopy in treating infertility.
Today, infertility has almost become an epidemic. This is because of multiple reasons like late marriages, late planning of pregnancy, various diseases like tuberculosis and pelvic infections which affect the fallopian tubes and cause their blockages. Then there is a certain disease like Endometriosis and fibroids which are at times the reason for infertility. These days’ lifestyle changes and an increase in stress level is also one of the reasons for ovulatory dysfunction and decreased sperm count. Couples facing infertility should consult an experienced gynecologist to understand the reason for infertility and how best it can be solved. Laparoscopic and Hysteroscopic surgeries can greatly help in diagnosing as well as many factors of infertility, thus, helping a woman to conceive naturally. Also, certain conditions like fibroids, endometriosis, and tubal factors need to be treated prior to IVF to increase the success rate of IVF else the woman will undergo multiple cycles of IVF and will get no results. So, it is very important to treat disease prior undergoing IVF.
The major Fertility Enhancing Surgery is Fibroid Removal, which is also called Myomectomy. Almost, any size of the fibroid can be taken care of laparoscopically. Compared to an open surgery, Laparoscopic Myomectomy has lesser blood loss and leads to lesser addition formation. It is also less painful for the patients. Patients can return back to work more quickly and they can plan for pregnancy also more quickly. Then, there is Endometriosis which is a chronic painful condition which causes severe pain during periods and during sex along with fertility. It is one of the major reasons for infertility in today’s age. It is also associated with cyst formation at times which is called the chocolate cyst. Laparoscopy is a gold standard for treating Endometriosis. After Endometriosis, a woman gets not only relieve her pain but also she is able to conceive quickly. Then there are variances which are a hindrance for conception. Any size of the ovarian cyst can be treated laparoscopically.
First of all, get a histopathological diagnosis to rule out any malignancy in the cist as well as we remove the hindrance which is coming in the way of conception. Then, talking about tubal factors, tubal blockage at any level can be treated laparoscopically and if the blockage is at the starting of the fallopian tube then there are very fine cannulas available along with guide wires available which we used to cannulate the fallopian tubes and this can be done very effectively and it increases the chances of conception naturally. Now, let me talk about hysteroscopy. Well, hysteroscopy is a small telescope which is passed into the uterine cavity to see the cavity from inside for any pathology and to see the opening of the fallopian tube. Certain factors like presence of a fibroid, a polyp, a polyp is a sort of growth inside the uterine cavity, a septum which is like a wall causing a partition inside the uterine cavity. They all can be removed hysteroscopic ally, once this thing is removed hysteroscopic ally, the chances of the conception of a woman in creases greatly. All in all laparoscopy and hysteroscopy are a boon for infertility management. Laparoscopy is technically as much superior procedure than an open surgery. Since it is done through small punctures it is cosmetically very appealing, it causes less pain, less blood loss, less hospital stay, early recovery and early return to work for a patient.
If you wish to contact me for any laparoscopic enhancing surgery or infertility related problems, you can contact me at MediClinic, E16 Lajpat Nagar 3. Thank you.
I have so many hairs on my body and private parts. I have pcod problem. Please can you suggest some hair removal cream to remove hairs?
Causes & symptoms of acidity
Acidity is the cause of surplus secretion of acid by the gastric glands of the stomach. Our stomach secretes an acid, which is necessary for the digestive process. This acid, in turn, produces various digestive enzymes, like pepsin, which help in the breaking complex food particles into elements that can be easily digested by the body. When there secretion of acid is more than necessary, it results in the feeling of immense heartburn, along with a sensation of inflammation in the throat. This condition has been given the name of acidity. Its other symptoms include formation of ulcers and dyspepsia. Consumption of alcohol, highly spicy food and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (nsaid's) also trigger acid formation and result in acidity. Nonetheless, it can be cured at home using various procedures. Read on to know about some home remedies for curing acidity.
Home remedies for acidity
If you are suffering from acidity, try to suck on a piece of clove. It will bring immediate relief. For people who are prone to acidity, intake of milk or other dairy products will prove to be helpful.
Regular consumption of fresh mint juice can also help you get rid of acidity.
Add two teaspoons apple cider vinegar and two teaspoons honey to a glass of water. Drink this concoction after meals, as it reduces the chances of acidity.
Boil cumin seeds in a glass of water. Let it cool down and supplement your meals with it.
Banana, cucumber and watermelon have been found to be helpful in treating acidity naturally.
If you are have acidity problem, avoid taking tea, coffee and other aerated drinks. Instead, go for herbal tea, containing spearmint (pudina) and liquorice (mulethi).
The simplest of all remedies is to have a glass of warm water every day, early in the morning. Water is believed to neutralize acidity.
Drink coconut water 3 to 4 times in a day. It will help bring relief from acidity.
If you are looking for an immediate relief, have a bowl of yoghurt. It is one of the most effective home remedies for acidity.
If you constantly suffer from acidity, suck on 10 grams jaggery everyday, after meals. It will help you avoid acid formation.
Have a glass of cabbage juice everyday, in order to avoid acid formation and the resultant acidity.
If you want instant relief from acidity, take a glass of water with a teaspoon of soda in it.