Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
I cant sleep for last two weeks. I think its my business tension. What can I do for sleeplessness? Please help me.
There a so many pimples are on my face. I tried so many market product to heal them. But its not working give some suggestions of some medicines please.
I was bitten by a wild mouse on my right hand finger so please tell me what should I do. It is a shallow wound, and I washed it immediately. Do I need to see a doctor? What are the chances of me contracting a disease?
I am suffering from gas problem I have chest pain, pain in my back of bottom of my head , throat pain and shivering of hand and legs.
18 year old and I am suffering from fever since last night which medicine I should take and I should take rest or not or whqt should I do.
Can you please tell me the symptoms of typhoid fever. Nd what are the precautions to be taken to protect ourselves from typhoid fever.
I am of 23 year, weight 89 kg, height 5.8 feet. Is their any chance to further increment in my height, suggest me somethings which help me to gain 1or 2 inches. thanks.
I think I need some help regarding anger management. Sometimes I am having high anger levels n as a result my rate of speech or volume becomes loud plus it is causing me hugely in my personal n processional life.
Causes of eating disorders and risk factors associated with them
Conditions related to the eating patterns or behavior of an individual which leave a negative impact on the health of the person are known as eating disorders. These can lead to the deficiency of sufficient nutrition in the body. The heart, the digestive system, the bones, and the teeth and the mouth are the body parts that generally get affected due to this condition.
Although the root cause is not known exactly, there are several factors which can be held responsible for causing this type of disorders likes:
1. Genetics-A person, who has parents or siblings suffering from eating disorders, has higher chances of suffering from it as well.
2. Society- In order to fit into the society, people often find it very necessary to look the best, which means being thin. Peer pressure and the worry about what people say fuels the desire, more like desperation in a person to become thin, which may lead to an eating disorder.
3. Emotional and psychological health- Problems directly linked with the psychological and emotional health of a person, like low self-esteem, impulsive behavior, relationship associated trouble and perfectionism can also lead to eating disorders.
There are certain factors which increase the risk of eating disorders.
1. Age-Anyone can suffer from this condition. However, a teenager or a young adult has higher chances of getting an eating disorder.
2. Gender- Females have higher risks of suffering from eating disorders than men.
3. Stress- Anyone who is going through any kind of emotional/mental stress has high chances of getting an eating disorder.
4. Family history-People who have a family history of this condition, i.e. their parents or siblings had suffered from it earlier, have higher chances of getting any kind of eating disorder.
5. Other mental disorders-Obsessive compulsive disorder, depression and anxiety are some mental disorders which may trigger this condition in an individual.
6. Profession-Athletes, sports persons, dancers, models or actors have higher chances of suffering from eating disorders because they always have this urge/want to look the best, so they starve themselves.
Related Tip: Can Depression Really Increase Creativity?
I am 23 years old and I have backache from last 8 days and I don't know how to get rid of this can you please help me out?
Should I be going for laser therapy for acne and pores? Is there any disadvantages of laser therapy?
I am 21 years old I have hair fall and dandruff problem, my hair is getting falling and some allergies in my head, do you suggest any tables to stop this. Pls help me.
My old aged father is suffering from depression. He is always thinking negative. Always there's fear on his face. He is scared to go out. Please suggest.
I am 20 year old male. My nipples are not providing unlike the usual. They are only protruding when I am having goose bumps or due to chilling winter. So is it normal.
Winters are back…rather partially on the way… Days are shorter, and nights are longer.
When winter hits, cravings for comfort foods increase. And unfortunately, few of us find comfort in sprouts salad or fruits…!
Lets understand why...
Cold weather triggers a self-preservation mode that sends the body a message to heat up fast. And that message is often played out as a craving for carbohydrate-rich foods -- the sugars and starches that provide the instant "heat" boost your body is longing for. Here comes our role…yes, the dietitian’s role…
"If we're not exercising, our appetite increases, and ultimately that means we're eating more and moving less -- and that's a disaster plan for weight gain."
Let me suggest the ways how what we can do to beat the seasonal system...
You can take control. With a little bit of planning, you can keep your life and your appetite in perfect harmony all year long.
Eat a high-protein, high-fiber snack between meals whole wheat cracker, cottage cheese or tofu or soy crackers with lot of seasonings like oregano, garlic, ajwain etc Healthy snacking will fuel your body's heat mechanism, helping keep you warmer. The warmer we remain in cold, the less we crave carbs.
Make your activity schedule
Grab a pen to paper and list all the things you did in summer, then write a corresponding list of winter activities you could do. Not only does exercise burn calories, it also affects brain chemicals linked to appetite, so it can help control how much you eat.
Create Low-Calorie Comforts.
If you know you're going to crave those wintry comfort foods, find lower-cal ways to do it. Steamy pizza with veggies and a whole wheat crust, a bowl of vegetable soup, cocoa with non-fat milk -- be creative in cutting calories while keeping the comfort.
Get a Daily Dose of Sunshine Vitamin
If you think your food cravings may be related to shorter days, try to spend at least some time outdoors in sunlight every day
Keep a Lid on Disastrous Winter Foods
Hey please keep out of direct eye view the sinful Ghackas Rewaris and peanuts too, as they rightly say…Out of sight…out of mind..!