Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. J M KolgeYour feedback matters!
Breast examination is a way of detecting early changes that help in detecting lumps or other growth in the breast. This is a manual form of examination that may be carried out by the doctor or even by the patient. This kind of examination helps in detecting the onset of breast cancer and helps in successful treatment of the same. It is an essential screening strategy that all women must go through. Let us cast a glance on the various details regarding this examination, and also how frequently it must be conducted.
- Age: Women who have reached the age of 18 are said to have matured physically and sexually. They should perform this examination once they have reached the said age in order to detect any anomalies in the way the physical changes occur in the breast tissue.
- Procedure: One should begin by looking at one's reflection in the mirror to find any rashes or dimpling in the breasts. The shape, size and colour of the breasts and nipples must also be studied so as to check for any anomalies. Inverted nipples, redness and soreness must also be reported to the doctor. Once you are done checking the visuals, you can raise your arms and look for any changes. Then, you will need to lie down and feel your breasts by using a circular motion. The finger pads must be used in order to check for any lumps. One must start from the centre and move the breasts sideways. Any wet and slippery feeling must be reported to the doctor immediately.
- Pressure: During the breast examination, you must use light pressure for the skin and tissue that lie beneath the breasts, while medium to moderate pressure should be used for the middle portion of the breasts. One must use a firm hand to check the tissue that lies at the back of the breasts, near the rib cage.
- Frequency: One must get into the habit of conducting a breast examination at least once a fortnight or once a month, without fail. You can also go to the gynaecologist for an examination in case you are not confident of conducting it on your own with proper movements and accuracy. You may also journalise your breast examination findings.
- Menstrual Cycles: When you are going through your menstrual cycle or period, it is important to remember that your breasts can become tender just before or after the start of the cycle. So, do not panic if you think you have found a lump or any other growth at this time. It is best to check again after a week and then visit the doctor about checking the same.
I have undergone yellow peel for hyper pigmentation. But I have noticed no change. How many times is it required to peel and any supplements required to be taken.
A small half the size of dry pea appeared on top of the skin of the head. It is hard. What can it be and please suggest.
I am having dark pigmentation .i tried many remedies both ointments as well tablets but the results were seen only for few months later again the same problems started.
I've had a cyst in my armpit already for 2 weeks. I've had cysts appear on the same spot for 3,4, or 5 years already. My cyst will usually disappear on its own. When my cyst first appeared the cyst had something white in the middle like a pimple and it hurts a little. I knew I should not squizz it because I knew it was infected. A few days later it didn't hurt no more and had no more white thing in the middle. About 4 days later when my cyst appeared I started to feel sick like get chills, got hot easily, got a little bit of a stuffy nose, and started to cough just like the flu. I looked up my symptoms, and read online about lymphoma ,and started to panic, but 5 days later I didn't got any more chills or get hot easily so I'm guessing it it probably just the flu. Right now I have really bad anxiety due to my lump causing me to not want to eat. Could my cyst be lymphoma or is it just having problems going away cuz of the flu.
My 24 year old friend got minor injury on his face recently, left scar on his face please suggest a cream or something to heal the scar. Thanking you.
I have one month baby. She is on breast feeding. Last two days am feeling much pain on my left breast. Nipple is swelling and when she sucks it hurts much. A red spot is also seen beside the brown circle. What should I do?
Hii doctors I have one critical problem When I am going to latrine that time bleeding come continually please sir tell me how can I stop this problem please sir.
I am currently using a cream which name is clobtamil g so kya me continue kr skta hu. please help kar sakte h aap.
I had Lump (gaanth, in my neck, they are little, about 6,7,and its about 1 year when I found. I go to my family doctor he treats me tuberculosis treatment for three months, but my lumps is still not gone. What are the treatment?
Hello Dr. I am having dark circles under my eyes and my skin becomes darker day by day my friend suggested me to use skin lite cream at night. I want to ask should I use skin lite for dark circles? Is there any side effect from this cream and for how many days I can use skin lite cream?
Hi, i have tan on my hands and back. Beautician has suggested me to check with dermatologist. Kindly help me out.
Well to start with, the hot topic of today that is “Do’s and Don’ts to preserve the look” has become of a trend and a showy business.
Face-Wash, Hair Creams, Protein Powders, Mass Gainers, Keratins and many other things are available today in the market exclusively for Men.
Today the value of face value has increased – a perfect irony.
If you need some important tips and guidelines on the topic “How a Male can impress Women?”, then I would recommend you to read the whole blog, until the very end. I would like to start by saying that whatever I am writing is tested and experienced by myself as well as people around me, so it is completely safe to use.
I do know that there are tons of websites offering a lots of information, but believe me they just are like written theories which are hard to implement or if implemented they have side effects because they talk about using artificial things such as chemical and man-made cosmetics which can be harmful for the skin. I will not suggest that for sure.
So let us begin our short journey and learn to maintain looks and appearance. First thing to note is that we are talking about the dos and don’ts for achieving overall personality.
We can categorize the whole blog into various parts focusing on every category, which needs to be taken care of like the Body Posture, Face, overall Food trend one must follow, Exercises that one must practice to be in shape, etc.
For the Body Posture category, I can only suggest to keep your backbone erect while walking and sitting either on a chair or on any other surface.
The next thing, which has to be cared about, is a man’s face. One can keep it clean and spotless by using natural face wash gels like aloe Vera made or Neem leaves extracts.
Having a clean shave makes your skin fairer. Short and trimmed hair always looks good on average heighted person. Getting facials and face cleanings done on an occasional basis with natural creams is recommended.
Food or Diet
In the diet and food category, the important things that one should keep in mind are drink at least 4 liters of water per day, include more of salads and protein filled food in your diet, other foodstuffs that contain calcium, minerals and fibers.
Fruits have to eaten on a daily basis; Vegetables of varying colors should be selected.
Exercise regularly; it can contain simple walking, pace walking, push-ups, abs exercise and a lot of running.