Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
I am 18 years old male and have teeth sensitivity for last 2 months. I have uses colgate toothpaste for couple of days but haven't got any relief. What should I do now?
I use colgate toothpaste for teeth and upper teeth are good but lower teeth at lower path I have yellow so how can I remove that?
तम्बाकू से कोण सी हानिकारक बीमारी होती है मुह में छले कोण सी बीमारी से आते है पैरलल लाई स होने की कोण सी वजे है
There is a problem on teeth! I removed my one teeth and after all there is always pain in my next teeth! Why?
I am 22 years old. I have problem in my teeth, its getting yellow and when I eat something its pain. Please suggest me some tips what should I do?
I went for root canal treatment for upper left 1st premolar, during my treatment course the dentist took xray and he told me that my bone density is not upto my age. Apart from this he did not tell anything. So my question is-what is the reason for this x ray finding? Or can it harm me in future?
Hello from last two days i am feeling imense pain in my lower right jaw because of by half broken wisdom tooth what should i do ?
Hi my question is about Aphthous ulcers I have been suffering from apthous ulceration from past 3 years and happens 8 months a year at least. It pains when I eat anything. It hurts even if I talk. In my mouth the apthous ulcers appear twice a month and lasts for about 1 week at max i. E. Two weeks a month alternatively. Help me to treat it well so that it wont come back again thanks.
Hello Dr. I brush my teeth twice daily and gargle after every meal but then too my teeth are facing a very severe damage. Please help?
I am generating a lot of saliva what is the remedy? Please note that I am also a heart patient This problem is more acute when I am sleeping as the saliva drools out.
I've been undergoing slight pain in the ends of my gum area. The top gum have slightly come off and I believe it's due to a new teeth coming out. Isn't it to early for my wisdom teeth to come out? Is there any medicines for the pain? I'm 19 years old.
While the mouth has the maximum amount of bacteria in the body, the highest concentration of bacteria in the mouth is on the tongue. It is therefore important to keep a clean tongue to avoid dental issues, starting from plaque formation to severe dental and oral infections.
Why clean the tongue: Before talking about how to go about keeping the tongue clean, let us look at why it should be done.
- Tongue cleaning is one of the main steps to maintaining a good oral hygiene.
- The bacteria that cause tooth decay and gum disease reside on the tongue, and cleaning it can remove the bacteria and therefore reduce tooth decay and gum disease.
- The bad odour produced by decay and gum disease can be avoided.
- Detoxifies the body - it is believed that toxin accumulation happens on the tongue, so daily cleaning helps detoxify the body.
- A cleaner tongue exposes the taste buds, thereby improving the perception of taste.
- Stimulate various other organs -The tongue has like pressure points that connect to various other body parts, and cleaning it helps stimulate these. The tip of the tongue activates the heart; the sides are connected to the spleen, liver, and gallbladder; so on and so forth.
- Cleaner looking tongue - Various food habits tend to give a color to the tongue. Caffeine, for instance, produces a yellow coating, which can be removed by regular brushing.
Choosing a tongue cleaner: Decide on the material and the type of the instrument. Either a plastic or metal or silicone cleaner will do the job equally well. In ancient times, gold or copper scrapers were used as it was believed to be good for health. Pick one of the three -tongue scrapers, tongue cleaners, or tongue brushes. All three are equally effective in cleaning the tongue of the bacteria. If required, motorized tongue cleaners are also available.
- Timing: Good to do it first thing in the morning. Overnight, there is a thick coating of bacteria on the tongue, and therefore cleaning the tongue in the morning is a good habit.
- Swish warm water: Begin with swishing your mouth with warm water, which loosens up the microbial film and thereby making it easier to remove.
- Scraping/Cleaning: Extend your tongue and start from the back of the tongue, as far back as possible without gagging. Toothpaste can be used on the scraper or cleaner if required. With slow, sweeping strokes, clean all the way to the front and then sideways.
- Duration: It is good practice to brush the tongue for about 90 seconds per day.
Tongue cleaning is a simple and effective way to maintain oral and general health. If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a specialized dentist and ask a free question.