Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anil Markan
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anil MarkanYour feedback matters!
If I do sex without condom with my partner and ejaculate inside then what would be the probability of getting her pregnant, if both of us are fully functional. Is there any time period during the menstrual cycle, during which we can do sex without any protection and still avoid pregnancy without any pills? And also what is good time for sexual intercourse to create a ZYGOTE. Please take menstruation as reference point for both questions.
I am 33 years old having beautiful talented girl child. Planning for pregnancy next year. Let me know wat test I need to take before planning pregnancy. Babies getting lots of issues due to late pregnancy. Pls advise.
Epilepsy is a condition that starts in the brain and causes seizures in which the patient loses consciousness and has convulsions. He also jerks his arms and legs along with trembling and frothing from the mouth.
The lesser known fact about epilepsy is that there are many types of epileptic conditions-over 40 - and similarly, there are numerous drugs available to treat your epileptic disorder and prevent seizures. Your doctor will diagnose your type of epileptic disorder and prepare a treatment plan for it.
Types of epileptic seizures
Epileptic seizures are generally categorized as either partial or primary, generalized depending on where they originate in the brain. Partial seizures are less intense and they start in one section rather than the entire brain. If you have this type of seizure, you will be aware of what’s happening to you. The other type of seizure affects a larger part of the brain. Here you may have difficulty understanding what's happening to you. Since these spread to the entire brain, you lose consciousness and start convulsing.
Having a seizure can put you at risk for serious injuries including head injuries.
So, if you close to you suffers from epilepsy, it's critical to your health and well being to educate yourself about your condition and have an action plan in place to tackle the seizures which can happen anywhere, and sometimes with no one to assist you or him actively.
Here is what you can do to manage epilepsy-
- Educate yourself: You must know as much as possible about your condition. Know your symptoms and learn to recognize the symptoms preceding a seizure. Also, educate your friends and family about epilepsy so that they can support you during a seizure. Educate your family to do the right things when you have a seizure.
- Make a seizure response plan: This plan should list the names and numbers of your doctors and two emergency contacts.
- Other things you can do as an epileptic:
- Antiepileptic drugs are quite successful in preventing seizures but they should be taken as prescribed. Don’t change your dosage before talking to your doctor.
- Sleep properly as lack of sleep can trigger seizures.
- Exercising regularly can help keep you physically healthy and reduce depression and also help in managing seizures.
- Manage your stress levels, limit alcohol and cigarettes.
On the other hand, if your family member or friend has epilepsy, this is what you can do:
- Roll the person onto one side during a seizure.
- Place something soft under the person’s head.
- Loosen tie and top buttons.
- Don’t put an object in an epileptic’s mouth. It can hurt his/her teeth.
- Don't try to restrain him during a seizure.
- Clear away stones and other dangerous objects if the patient is thrashing around.
- Time the seizures and be calm during them.
- Don’t leave the patient alone.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello doctor, m waiting for my periods still not happened, every month 30 is my date. But in august l dint got my periods, in June we had sex in 13th n I took ipill & my period date was 30, n then July 8th we had again this time I dint have ipill, n on 15th July I got period means after just 15 days. I really got shocked. N after that till waiting for my period, I have took test also 3 time it's showing negative, and also m having stomach pain same like periods once, but nothing is happening. please suggest m soo tensed. Thank you.
The onset of winter lowers temperatures and also initiates the loss of moisture from your body due to dryness. In this season, your body requires more fluids to eliminate possibilities of chapped lips, acne, flaky skin and dry cough. So, to cope with the reduced moisture level of your body, the right amount of water intake is necessary.
How does your body lose water even when you sweat less?
Winter, unlike the other seasons of the year, is devoid of hot, sunny days, but that doesn’t mean that your body is free from water loss. Generally, heat generated by furnaces, heaters and fires are the reasons behind sweating in winter. Also, water leaves your body during winters through the steamy breath you exhale when exposed to lower temperatures.
What are the risks of drinking less water in winters?
Dehydration in winters can negatively affect your body, ranging from causing common cold or flu to serious issues like stroke. Moreover, when your body lacks hydration, you may experience bizarre appetite patterns. This is caused due to the fact that less fluid consumption results in lack of energy in the body. This leads your body towards utilising the available fat for energy, making you thirsty, which is often misunderstood as hunger.
So how much water should you drink on cold winter days?
The amount of water intake required in winter varies from person to person due to the difference in gender and physical activities performed by a person throughout the day. However, amount of water intake in winters may be approximated as follows:
1. For Men: 8 to 10 glasses of water consumption per day is ideal for men with normal activity levels
2. For Women: Commonly, women should drink between 6 to 8 glasses of water throughout the day to keep themselves healthy
3. For Men Who Workout: Men with a regular exercise regime should have a raised water consumption amount of 10 to 14 glasses every day
4. For Women Who Workout: Women who exercise daily should increase their water intake to 8 to 12 glasses each day
5. For Lactating Mothers: In case of lactating/breast feeding mothers, 7 to 10 glasses of water intake per day is considered to be ideal
Sticking to these many glasses a day during winters can prove to be difficult for people facing extreme climates; but there are certain things you can do to increase your water consumption.
How can you increase your water consumption?
There are numerous ways, which let you increase your water consumption during winters without directly drinking water. These are-
1. Include more water based fruits (watermelons, pineapples, grapes etc) and vegetables (radish, spinach, cauliflower etc) in your daily diet to hydrate your body
2. Train yourself to drink water all through your workout session by timing your water intake at regular intervals
3. Have a bowl of hot soup before your meals to increase your intake of water
4. Use a humidifier to inhale moist air instead of the dry air prevalent during winter
Water intake plays a vital role in the proper functioning of the human body and is as important in winter as in other seasons.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Actinomycosis is a condition which is caused due to a bacteria called actinomycetaceae bacteria.
One interesting thing to know about actinomycosis is that the sort of bacteria which are responsible for it are almost always present in the human body. As a matter of fact, the bacteria are present and live in the linings of the mouth, the throat and the digestive system. In the case of women, it is also present in their vagina. Men fall prey to actinomycosis more than women. Also this disease is more common among adults.
There is nothing wrong or threatening at all when it comes to being a host to these bacteria, unless there is a cut in the body and they are given the ripe opportunity to enter the body to a deeper level. The condition of actinomycosis often lasts for a long time. But since it is not contagious, there is little need to worry about a transfer of actinomycosis from one person to another. This is due to the fact that the bacteria cannot survive outside the body as it is of the anaerobic type.
When a person has actinomycosis, some of the prominent symptoms include draining sores on the skin, coughing as well as chest pain. In addition to these, you may also notice lumps beginning to appear on the face of the affected person, a sudden weight loss, fatigue and fever. Sometime you may also see a few abscesses or scar tissues as symptoms to the disease.
Some of the preventive measures which one may take includes reduction in alcohol consumption, following healthy practises which also means following a regular diet routine, and avoiding any dental problems.
But even after all such precautionary steps, if you’re diagnosed with actinomycosis, antibiotics may become your best bet. Some of the popular ones which doctors prescribe to their patients are tetracycline and erythromycin. There are side effects to consuming these medicines as a person can have a rash or diarrhoea when these medicines are consumed.
Also the time required to treat actinomycosis is long. In fact, a person can expect it to be up to a year until he or she is completely cured. Depending on how bad the situation is, the lumps which are caused due to actinomycosis may also need to be removed through a surgery. However, before you decide to go for a treatment to cure actinomycosis, consult a qualified doctor and follow his / her advice.
My wife had had her periods before 10 days. But now she has again started bleeding with very impure blood. Please tell me Is there any problem because I had used condom while intercourse.
My mother is having bilabial dermoid 4.5*4.6 is there a cure for this in homeyo or surgery required what is the best way out. Any thing to worry.
As doctor's said that I should've taken contraceptive pills within 48 hours of incident! So from doctor's consultation I took i-pill almost after 6-7 hours of my incident when I was assaulted! So am I safe from pregnancy? Please do reply.
Sheelajit is a miracle medicine of ancient times used for rejuvenation, fertility, increasing the vitality of various organs of the body. It is effective in geriatric problems and for sustained energy and vigor in life!