Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
So first I was a daily weed smoker for about 2 years but about 13 days ago I started feeling strange in my head the world was just like a weird strange nasty place so after 3 days of this I had a massive panic attack when I was high and was laying in bedt that was the.
My 43 years old husband with chronic liver disease, hepatitis a suffering last 2 years. I wish to increase my sexual energy, power and fulfill congugal life. I've no addiction.
I had kiss my girlfriend lips And there was a leakages in the penis Like water drops Can I know the reason Because first time I had kiss a girl Doctor I trust my girlfriend she is my everything Why the wrong questions comes in my mind That she might be playing and all She does not love me She loves me but questions come again and again Doctor HELP me.
I am 27 year old female. Few months back in June I was sick with dengue and since then I am experiencing heavy hair fall. Almost half my hair thickness has already gone. Please advise what should I do now? PS: I had straightened my hair 2 years back but didn't experience any significant hair loss before dengue.
I have swelling in my throat. sneezing and blocked nose. I often feel that I have fever. Specially at nights. I am allergic to dust.
I am 30 years old male. Got hpv from from my sex partner since few months back treated with fusiwal but it reoccurred. Any medication to get rid of it permanently.
I am suffering from tinnitus, the cause of tinnitus is high level of noise. I am engineer, so at my company there is hammering on metal plate and once I was standing near to it. From that day my ear can not listen properly, and also 24 hours continuous noise hearing even I am in silence. Please help me to cure tinnitus.
I have high levels of sugar and bp. Though I'm taking tablets regularly it's not coming down. So please help me on how to bring that in control and is there any exercise to do then let me know about it too thank you.
Hi I have a both anal and oral unprotected sex been a gay bottom I want to test for chlamydia. Should I test for both anal and throat for the result. Or only throat test Last time I tested for throat Chlamydia and got a negative result If I have no throat Chlamydia should I have anal Chlamydia.
I am 30 Years old I am suffering from headache. And eyes pain breathing problem please tell me what type of diseases.
Haven't been able to sleep since 2 days and I am having a severe headache, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
I am suffering from fever for two days. What am I doing? This happened very long time and I am taking some medicine but feel well.
Hello, My mother is having loose motions problem from few days. Whenever she eats food then she needs to go to toilet. The problem sometimes gets correct but then again reoccur. What to do?
Hello doctor. I am durga soni. I am 60 year old lady. I have mouthsore and acidity problem. What should I do?
From an early age we’re taught that alcohol is bad for us, but is that really true? Drinking yourself silly every night can have disastrous consequences, but having one drink a day is associated with a number of health benefits. The key here is moderation. Moderate drinking can be defined as one drink a day for women and two drinks a day for men. This is a daily quote system and not to be taken as an average over time.
Here are a few ways your body can benefit from the occasional drink:
- It boosts cardiovascular health: Many types of alcohol are rich in phenols. This helps fight stress, reduces the risk of hypertension and can protect the heart against a number of cardiovascular conditions. Moderate amounts of alcohol can also increase the amount of good cholesterol in the body and influence the clotting of blood. Higher levels of cholesterol help protect against heart diseases while by influencing the blood clotting process, alcohol can indirectly help prevent the formation of blood clots in the arteries.
- It slows aging: Some types of alcohol like wine are rich in antioxidants. This helps flush toxins out of the body and can slow down the aging process. An antioxidant called resveratrol that is found in red wine can even increase the lifespan of cells and activate enzymes that slow down the aging process. It is also said to increase DNA stability thus extending a person’s lifespan.
- It can help fight diseases: Alcohol is said to lower the risk of catching a cold. A warm drink like brandy can also be used to treat sore throats and a cough. Tonic water contains quinine that is anti inflammatory and has analgesic properties. Though medication for malaria is now easily available, tonic water can be used to treat the initial phase of the disease if proper medication is not available.
- It enhances your libido: Excessive drinking can lower your sex drive, but when consumed in moderation, alcohol can lower the risk of erectile dysfunction. Moderate amounts of alcohol also help lower inhibitions and thus encourage people to form sexual relationships.
- It improves cognitive ability: Almost all forms of alcohol contain ethanol that helps neurons resist wear and tear. This can lower a person’s risk of suffering from Alzheimer’s or dementia later in life. It can also enhance problem solving abilities and encourage creativity.
All of the above benefits are applicable only if alcohol is consumed in moderation. Thus do not use them to binge drink.
Blisters can be a very major inconvenience. Though it seems to be a good idea to pop a blister yourself as it can otherwise cause distraction or may be uncomfortable and unsightly, puncturing it often does more harm than good. Here are a few ways mentioned about how to treat blisters. Read on more to find out all about it.
1. For a Blister which has not popped
a) Try not to pop the blister as the pus if spread can affect other areas
b) Leave the blister uncovered or cover it with a loose bandage
c) Avoid putting pressure on the area of the blister. If the blister has appeared in areas where applying pressure is unavoidable like for example at the bottom of the foot, put mole skin around the blister in a circular fashion such that the mole skin gets the shape of a donut.
2. For a blister which has been popped
a) Wash the area where the blister appeared gently with warm water. Apply gentle soap in the area as well to disinfect the region. Do not by any chance use alcohol, hydrogen peroxide or iodine in the area as it would cause complications.
b) Smooth down the skin flap which remains after the blister pops.
c) Apply antibiotic ointment in the affected area to prevent infections
d) Cover the region loosely with help of a sterile bandage or gauge.
3. When to drain a blister
a) For blisters which are painful, large or in awkward spots, it is better to drain them. Be careful and cautious while draining the blister and follow the below mentioned tips.
b) Wash the area where the blister has appeared.
c) Take a needle and sterilize it with alcohol and water.
d) Make an incision at the edge of the blister and carefully squeeze out the pus.
e) Wash the blister again and pat dry. Do not remove the skin flap which remains there after draining.
f) Smoothen the skin flap and apply antibiotic ointment in the region.
g) Wrap it up with a loose sterile bandage or gauge.
4. Follow up
a) Change the bandage on a regular basis, whenever it is wet or dirty.
b) Consult a doctor immediately if signs of infections like red streaks around the affected region, fever, or accumulation of more pus occur.
However, for blisters which have formed due to spider bites, chicken pox or such consult a doctor first.