Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Anagha Desai
Weight Loss Treatment
Management of Underweight & Malabsorption Disorder
Treatment of Diet
Treatment of Underweight & Malabsorption Disorders
Customised Diet Chart
Treatment of Vitamin Deficiency
Treatment of Overeating Disorders
Treatment of Vitamin D Deficiency
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Management of Obesity and related Disorders
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Bulimia Treatment & Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Anagha DesaiYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dt. Anagha Desai Feeds
Whenever we are craving for a particular food, it is not our body but our mind that is craving for that experience.
If we desire for that particular taste then one or two bites are enough to satisfy our taste buds, but we feel that I need to eat this entire dessert in order to satisfy my craving.
So, next time you caught yourself making the wrong choices, remind yourself that my body isnât craving for this, but my mind wants to experience that emotion which I will experience after having this particular food.
Ask yourself these QUESTIONS
- What am I craving for?
- How will this particular food make me feel after I consume it?
- Which emotion is triggered after consuming this particular food?
- Can I relate it to my current state of mind?
- Am I not experiencing this particular emotion at this point in my life?
Now realise that you have associated this emotion with that particular food.
This is just the beginning stage to identify the problem. Our cravings are very deep and they demand our attention.
Is there any food which is controlling you? Something you are not able to give up?
I have been high fat low carb low protein diet for 1 year because of which I lost 10 kg weight but sometimes I had pain in my knees but recently I totally started avoiding sugar in my diet in any food some more weight but this aggravated my problem knees now pain a lot and I feel tired very quickly. Got a blood test done all things were normal but ferritin was at 983.7 ng/ml.
It has long been established that the kind of food you intake and the way you prepare it, go a long way in deciding your digestive and overall health. A person is always advised to have a filling breakfast, a moderately elaborate lunch, but a beggar's dinner. This kind of balanced diet helps a person to live a healthier life.
The following points will help you to have a healthy dinner facilitating your wellbeing:
- Opt for a broth instead of something greasy and oily: If you plan to cook veggies on a pan, chuck the idea of using oil. Oily and greasy food should be your last dinner option. Excess oil not only complicates digestive processes, but it also interferes with your regular sleep patterns. The next solution available is to use vegetable broth in place of oil. Pieces of lean meat or diced vegetables steamed in some broth can make a yummy meal indeed.
- Try avoiding dairy products after sundown: It is hard for your body to break down dairy products, such as full cream milk or cheese at night. Dairy products are also fattening. It would be best to have these in the day. Contrary to popular belief, milk is not an essential part of an adult's diet. It is inevitable in your growing age. To fulfil one's bodily requirement of calcium without causing extra pressure on the digestive system, a generous helping of plain yoghurt can be had with dinner.
- Drink water before you start with your meal: Water kills your ability to overeat. Many tend to drink soda or carbonated drinks alongside lunch or dinner; this is a bad practice. One may sip on to water while eating a meal, but that too in moderation. You should drink water before sitting at the dining table; this way you can successfully prevent yourself from overeating.
- Spices can actually help: Spice is not a vice. Spices bring added flavor to your food and subject you to the benefits of natural products. May it be a soup, broth or a salad; adding spices can prove to be effective. Cinnamon and turmeric can actually protect you against a host of diseases. Garlic fights off cancer. Using ginger to cook your dinner can also be extremely helpful.
- Whole grains pave your way to good health: Instead of having refined grains you should go in for whole grains. Whole grains are rich in fiber and fill you up for a longer span of time. Fiber can come to your aid if you suffer from chronic constipation as it is known to stimulate bowel movements.
According to Ayurveda, our body has energy center & three principle energies circulate in our body. They are known as doshas.
Tri-doshas are -
Any disease can be prevented if our doshas are in balance. If our dosha goes out of balance then it can lead to an accumulation of toxins in our bodies.
The doshas govern all physical, mental, & emotional processes. Every individual has a unique combination of these elements.
#vata time (2am-6am & 2pm-6pm)
Vata means transition. It is the best time for creative work, ideas, problem-solving.
2am-6pm is the best time to do meditation, prayer, yoga, & other spiritual practices.
#pitta time (10am-2pm & 10pm-2am)
It refers to Agni or digestive fire which is strongest at this time (10am-2pm). So, have the heaviest meal of the day at this time as our digestive fire is strongest in the afternoon. Make sure you eat your lunch before 2 pm.
But, at night (10pm-2am) avoid eating, as it’s the time when our body is busy digesting the food we ate throughout the day. Try to sleep by 10 pm or max by 11 pm as you might end up munching on something at this time.
#kapha time (6am-10am & 6pm-10pm)
The best time to wake up before 6 am, as kapha becomes dominant at 6 am. Kapha is heavy and sluggish. So if you wake up during this period, then you’ll probably feel very heavy & won’t feel like waking up. It’s the best time to exercise to get your heart pumping & give an energetic start to your day. Have a light breakfast with some spices added to your meal. Light breakfast because Kapha will make you feel heavy.