Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Amol Malu VarkuteYour feedback matters!
My throat is sore and feeling like something is struck inside my throat and I ve running nose and even my legs are paining.
The urinary bladder is a hollow purse like storage organ which collects urine from the kidneys and stores it until it can be passed out of the body through the urethra during the process of micturition or urination. It has a thin inner lining of cells called urothelial cells and a thick muscular wall, which exerts pressure to push the urine out of the body.
Causes of Bladder Tumors
In most cases, the bladder tumor develops on the inner layer due to a combination of some of the following factors.
- Hereditary: A strong family history of cancer predisposes a person to cancer.
- Gender: Men are 3 times more prone for bladder cancer than women.
- Ethnicity: White people are more prone for bladder cancer black people.
- Smoking / Tobacco use: Smokers develop bladder cancer 2-6 times more frequently than non-smokers. Tobacco contain toxic, carcinogenic substances which reach the kidney and are stored in the bladder, leading to cancerous changes in bladder.
- Occupational hazards: Some workplaces have a higher likelihood of causing bladder cancers, especially dye and rubber industries. The effects can be damaging, and the person may develop cancers years after the exposure has happened.
- Recurrent bladder infections: In some people, this can also lead to bladder cancer in the long run.
Types of Bladder Tumor Depending on the extent of the cancerous spread, it can be of two types:
- Non-muscle-invasive bladder tumors: The tumor spread is limited to the inner part of the bladder (urothelial cells)
- Muscle-invasive bladder tumor: The tumor has spread to the thick muscular outer layer.
This is more advanced and prognosis is poor compared to the noninvasive type. The most common and diagnostic symptom of bladder cancer is the presence of blood in the urine without pain in abdomen, known as painless hematuria. This is usually intermittent and stops on its own. Therefore any person who is more than 40 year old, has blood in urine, must be checked to rule out bladder tumor. If you miss these early warning symptoms by just thinking simple infection, you may miss the tumor and will be diagnosed later when tumor is advanced. Other symptoms include pain in the lower abdomen and frequent urination.
From the most non-invasive to the most invasive diagnostic test, these include:
- Urine microscopy and cytology to detect blood and cancer cells in the urine
- Ultrasound and CT Scan can define the bladder tumor, its size and spread.
- Cystoscopy and biopsy is when a is tube inserted into the urethra to look into the inner wall of the bladder and biopsy is taken from lesion. It is highly diagnostic and confirmatory.
Once the tumor is diagnosed, first step of the treatment is endoscopic surgery known as transurethral resection of the bladder tumor (TURBT). The cancerous bladder lesion is resected and removed through a cystoscope. Muscle tissue from the base of tumor is also resected to check the spread of tumor in the muscle. The bladder is then flushed with chemotherapy agent to kill any residual cancer cells in the bladder.
- Intravesical BCG Therapy: If muscle is not involved with tumor, this is called superficial tumor. As there is high chance that this tumor may recur or progress, bladder is treated with BCG injection therapy repeatedly for at least 6 weeks to many months. Check cystoscopy is usually done thereafter to check for any recurrence at frequent intervals.
- Radical Cystectomy with Ileal conduit or Neo-Bladder: If tumor is involving muscle layer of bladder then whole urinary bladder is removed surgically and urine passage is made at abdominal wall using part of intestine called Ileal conduit. Patient has to wear a bag on abdomen to urine collection and discharge. Now-a-days, artificial bladder is made by patients own intestine which functions like normal bladder and patient passes urine per urethra.
- Radical Radiotherapy: This is also an alternative treatment for muscle invasive bladder cancer where bladder is preserved and treated by radiotherapy. Repeated check cystoscopy is required thereafter to check for recurrence.
- Chemotherpy: If tumor has advanced to lymph nodes and other body organs, then treatment is chemotherapy where anticancer drugs are injected into veins. In Summary, Bladder cancer is usually caused by Tobacco consumption. Blood in urine even if it stops on its own or by medications, in person over 40 years of age must be evaluated for bladder cancer. In early stage it can be treated by cystoscopy. If it involved muscle, bladder is removed and neo-bladder is made.
I am getting slight pain in my heart and sometimes in my right chest. I am suffering from gas trouble suggest medicine.
I am 25 years old girl. I have lots of problems like asthma, skin problem, weak immune system, always coughing and sneezing, digestion disorder n moreover even after taking balance diet I don't gain weight fully depressed please help me doctor.
Often when I go out in sun, my face gets tanned very badly and now I see my skin tone look uneven and also I got white patches. I use sunscreen and moisturizer daily. So I request you to suggest me what should be done?
Can you give which is the best exercise. And I want reduce my arms and belly give good advice please Thank you mam.
My nephew is 6 years old. He has be a white hair at this small age. I am very concerne about this problem. And what type of meal should give him? please suggest me.
I was having some pain in urination and semen with urine and also erectile dysfunction from long time. Dr. Has advice me semen aerobic culture and analysis how is it helpful?
Hello sir, my age is 19 1/2 yrs. My height is too short 5'2. I had taken my growth plate xray. It is not partially fused. Pls. Tell me the best way. Or any effective supplement so that I can grow 2-3 inches. Pls. Help me sir.
I stay depressed all the time. I cry daily. Sometimes I cry without any reason. I start crying at small little issues. Actually first the main reason was that I liked a guy who don't like me back because he was already in a relation. So his gf insulted a lot backbited a lot to her friends in her section. I mean yeah I get a lot depressed when people backbite about me. I just want you to recommend what should I do now, I get depressed by only thinking this that I'll have to face them again tomorrow in college. Sometimes I overthink a lot.
25years male. One side (right side) head pain. Having this problem from last 1month. Keep paining between eye to ear only right side and same pain in eye also. Only one side eye thts right side. What should I do and what shouldn't. When I watch movie in laptop while I sleeping I feel thts happen with this.
I am too slim. I want to gain some weight. I have tried everything but I got failed. can you please help me?
Hello I am of age fifteen and suffering from migraine since three years can you please suggest me an advice for my severe headache.
I'm 16 years old. I'm suffering from pimples and dark spots on my face since five years. Please tell me solution.
The skin is the first organ, which shows the signs of ageing. Whether it is wrinkles or stretch marks the first signs will be shown on the skin. Stretch marks are not only the cause of ageing, but also form due to obesity, sudden increase in height, sudden weight loss or gain, etc. You might often think of how to get rid of these marks as they aren't attractive and make the skin look old.
Here are a few ayurvedic remedies to get rid of stretch marks:
- Olive Oil: Olive oil is a wonderful type of cleanser and moisturizer. Olive oil cures the damaged collagen of the skin. It also helps to increase the blood flow to the surface of the skin.
- Cocoa butter: Cocoa butter can be used as a moisturizer. It helps to improve the elasticity of the skin. By hydrating the skin, it also improves the appearance of the skin. Besides cocoa butter, you can also use almond oil, vitamin E oil and lavender oil.
- Aloe vera gel: Aloe Vera has a variety of uses for the body. In the case of stretch marks, aloe vera gel helps lighten the stretch marks. This will eventually result in complete disappearance of the stretch marks.
- Sesame oil: Mix Sesame oil with pure olive and almond oil and massage it gently over stretch marks area, this will help lighten the marks on skin.
- Sandalwood: Sandalwood helps the skin to cool down. It also improves the elasticity of the skin.
- Potato Juice: Potato juice contains a lot of antioxidants, which help to soothe the skin and remove stretch marks.
- Alfalfa: Alfalfa has a huge amount of vitamin K, vitamin E and amino acids. These help in curing damaged collagen in the skin which is the prime cause of stretch marks.
- Castor Oil: Castor oil helps to stimulate collagen and elastin production. It also helps the damaged tissues regain their original shape. It also helps the skin to return to its original position after suffering from stretching.
Apart from the above mentioned oils, regular yoga asanas, stretching exercises, nutritious diet, and a wholesome meal is a must for your skin nourishment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.