Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Thane. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Amarish NandaYour feedback matters!
Ringworm is a skin condition that is caused by certain kinds of fungi. It causes severe itching and is mainly found around the scalp and feet. This contagious skin condition can also occur as athlete's foot. The symptoms include red, itchy and scaly patches on the affected areas. These patches may also develop blisters and develop crusted red edges, giving it the appearance of a ring. These patches are usually raised or defined. There are many myths and facts surrounding ringworm. Let us find out more about them.
- Causes: It is a common myth that this skin condition is caused by a worm. This is not true. This fungal skin infection is caused by fungi known as dermatophytes, which can cause a crusty and red patch on the skin. Ringworm is actually the name given to a class of skin ailments and infections caused on the scalp, feet and other parts of the body.
- Treatment: Another common myth is that this skin infection will clear up on its own. This is not true either. One will have to start treatment of the condition with the help of proper diagnosis, which can be done by a skin specialist or dermatologist. Not treating this condition on time with topical ointments can lead to a spread of the condition where it can affect other parts of the body. This condition can also lead to other symptoms like hair loss. It can also become a permanent issue if not treated on time and with proper medical intervention.
- Over the Counter Medication: Many people think that using over the counter antifungal creams can help in treating this condition effectively. This is part myth and part fact. One will have to visit the doctor in case the condition does not clear up on time with the use of such topical ointments. The creams should typically be prescribed by a skin specialist after due diagnosis of the problem so that it suits your individual symptoms and condition. Further, these creams should usually be prescribed for a period of at least four to six weeks so that the treatment is effective.
- Contagious: It is a myth that ringworm is not a contagious skin disease. The fact is that this skin ailment is a highly contagious one, that can happen even when there is contact with an infected animal. There are 50% chances of contracting this condition with mere touch that can happen with an infected animal or person.
- Barber's Itch: This is not a form of lice, as many people believe. This is a form of ringworm that can be found in the beard with symptoms like itching as well as swelling.
If you wish to discuss about any specific skin problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.
Vercosis nerves in legs, blod clot in vercosis nerves, not pumping blood to heart properly.what can i do?
I am 30years old Man. I am suffering from hepatitis Virus. I have done all my blood test and consulted doctor. Doctor are saying that the virus is there in my body but it is not active. Doctor have not suggested any medicine to cure it. Please let me know what should Ido. As per doctor it is not active but what are chance of getting that virus active and also how to cure /remove the same from my body. I am not facing any problem in my body, I am healthy married man.
I have adrenal fatigue, whether the specialist is endocrinologist or neurologist to whom I should consult?
I am suffering from itching on neck only with rashes, applied aloevera gel and taken CIPS tablets. Its fine now but when it exposed to heat or sundays it comes again, please let me know the reason and proper treatment.
I am having Body pains for last three months I work in bpo may be for that reason I think.what can be done for this?
I am 35 year mail and I have bleeding from right nose for second time in last 20 days. I am worried is any thing serious with me.
Hi doctor. Recently I was asked to do a semen test and it was reported as normal. But still my doctor has advised to take progenix tablet for one month twice a day. My question is wat is the advantage of taking this tablet & need to know the do's & do not while taking this tablet.
My father is suffer from t.b and right now he is taking medicine but during sleeping he feels formation of extra saliva and coughing. He is tobacco addict also. What should I do for him.
Erectile dysfunction is also known as male impotency i. E. Inability to achieve or maintain an erection.
It causes by several factors such as mental stress, depression, excessive smoking and drinking habits, low testosterone levels, nerves related or physical penile disorders.
According to ayurveda it's due to dysfunction of apanavata.
According to ayurveda erectile dysfunction is manage by vajikarana. After this therapy men just drives intercourse like eight years old horse.
It also enhances the quality and quantity of sperm.
1. To increase sperm count:
Vangabhasma, lauhabhasma, shilajatu, kapikacchu, kupilu, yasthimadhu, pravalapisti etc.
2. To increase erection time:
Ashwagandha, shatavari, kajjali, vanga bhasma, vidarikanda, tamra bhasma, abhraka bhasma, jatiphala etc.
1. Take adequate sleep.
2. Do yoga and meditation.
3. Avoid smoking and drinking.
4. Prefers whole grains foods.
5. Avoid junk foods.