Doctor in Young Looks
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Young LooksYour feedback matters!
Headaches and migraines can vary drastically depending on their duration, specific symptoms and the person they are affecting. The more you know about your specific type of headache or migraine, the better prepared you will be to treat them—and possibly even prevent them. The two types of migraine are-
- Migraine without aura: The majority of migraine sufferers have Migraine without Aura.
- Migraine with aura: Migraine with Aura refers to a range of neurological disturbances that occur before the headache begins, usually lasting about 20-60 minutes.
Symptoms of migraine vary and also depend on the type of migraine. A migraine has four stages: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. But it is not necessary that all the migraine sufferers experience all the four stages.
Prodrome: The signs of this begin to appear a day or two days before the headache starts. The signs include depression, constipation, food cravings, irritability, uncontrollable yawning, neck stiffness and hyperactivity.
Migraine Aura: Auras are a range of symptoms of the central nervous system. These might occur much before or during the migraine, but most people get a migraine without an aura. Auras usually begin gradually and increase in intensity. They last for an hour or even longer and are
- Visual: Seeing bright spots, various shapes, experiencing vision loss, and flashes of light
- Sensory: Present in the form of touch sensations like feeling of pins and needles in the arms and legs
- Motor: Usually related with the movement problems like the limb weakness
- Verbal: It is related with the speech problems
Headache: In case of a migraine attack one might experience:
- Pain on both sides or one side of the head
- Pain is throbbing in nature
- Vomiting and nausea
- Sensitivity to smells, sound and light
- Vision is blurred
- Fainting and lightheadedness
Postdrome: This is the final phase of the migraine. During this phase one might feel fatigued, though some people feel euphoric.
Red flags that the patient may be having underlying serious disorder not migraine
- Onset of headaches >50 years
- Thunderclap headache - subarachnoid haemorrhage
- Neurological symptoms or signs
- Immunosuppression or malignancy
- Red eye and haloes around lights - acute angle closure glaucoma
- Worsening symptoms
- Symptoms of temporal arteritis
Diagnosis of Migraine: Usually migraines go undiagnosed and thus are untreated. In case you experience the symptoms regularly then talk to the doctor, who evaluates the symptoms and can start a treatment. You can also be referred to a neurologist who is trained to treat the migraines and other conditions. During the appointment the neurologist usually asks about the family history of headaches and migraines along with your symptoms and medical history.
The doctor might advise for some tests like:
- Blood Tests: These reveal problems with the blood vessel like an infection in the spinal cord and brain.
- CT scan: Used to diagnose the infections, tumors, brain damage, and bleeding that cause the migraines.
- MRI: This helps to diagnose the tumors bleeding infections, neurological conditions, and strokes.
- Lumbar Puncture: For analyzing infections and neurological damages. In lumbar puncture a thin needle is inserted between the two vertebrae to remove a sample of the cerebrospinal fluid for analysis.
Migraine treatments can help stop symptoms and prevent future attacks.
Many medications have been designed to treat migraines. Some drugs often used to treat other conditions also may help relieve or prevent migraines. Medications used to combat migraines fall into two broad categories:
- Pain-relieving medications. Also known as acute or abortive treatment, these types of drugs are taken during migraine attacks and are designed to stop symptoms.
- Preventive medications. These types of drugs are taken regularly, often on a daily basis, to reduce the severity or frequency of migraines.
Your treatment strategy depends on the frequency and severity of your headaches, the degree of disability your headaches cause, and your other medical conditions.
Some medications aren't recommended if you're pregnant or breast-feeding. Some medications aren't given to children. Your doctor can help find the right medication for you.
Love making during pregnancy is less talked about because it is a customary to distance pregnant ladies from intimacy. Many women even find it very uncomfortable to have sex during the pregnancy period as their body gets bigger. However, there are other ways you and your partner can opt for to satisfy your needs like caressing, holding each other and kissing. There are some partners who feel sex during pregnancy is the best moment for sex, while there are others who are feared and have their own concerns.
Sex During Pregnancy
Sex during pregnancy should be avoided. If at all done should be gentle, it should avoid pressing abdomen. However, it is safe in second trimester if woman is comfortable. Yes, it is alright for partners to have sex from second trimester onwards, if the woman has had a healthy pregnancy. This is because the thick mucus plug which seals the cervix in pregnant women safeguards the baby against any infection. The strong muscles of the uterus as well as the amniotic sac, keep the little one safe in the womb. NO damage can be caused by the penis of your partner to the baby while having sex. Women can feel some movement of their baby after orgasm. Couples need not worry about the baby, as in no case it would provide discomfort to the baby. The chances of having a premature baby are reduced at times by having sex regularly.
- The conditions in pregnancy when it is better to avoid sex mainly include times when any spotting or bleeding occurs during early pregnancy. In such a case, the Doctors advise not to have sex for at least 14 weeks.
- Your doctor may even advise a pregnant woman not to have sex if she has a history of cervical illness, has had heavy bleeding, had a vaginal infection, and in case of low lying placenta.
- Pregnant woman experiencing frequent abdominal pain or cramps must also avoid sex during their pregnancy.
Sexual Behavior to Avoid During Pregnancy
- There are 2 ways that are not safe and must be avoided while having sex during pregnancy. The first way is oral sex. Any pregnant woman must not allow their spouse to blow air into the vaginal region. Blowing air into the vagina can cause air embolism, and this can be potentially serious for the mother as well as the baby.
- Pregnant women should not have sex with partners who have unknown sexual history as there are chances that he is infected with sexually transmitted diseases like HIV or Herpes. The diseases can be easily transmitted to the baby if you have sex with such a partner. It is better to avoid any complications and stay away from sex during the pregnancy period.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Migraines are a severe form of headache wherein the excruciating pain is accompanied by an extreme sensitivity to sound and light; you also experience nausea. The headaches usually affect either side of the head and are throbbing in nature. Hot flashes, numbness of limbs and blind spots in the eye; these are often considered as warnings. In certain cases, migraines can cause blackouts that can range from a few seconds to a few minutes.
Migraines Occur in Four Stages:
- Pro-drome (symptom indicative of an onset of an illness).
- Aura (visual auras including blurred vision).
- Post-drome (the residual effects of migraine characterized by fatigue and lethargy).
But the occurrence of these stages varies across individuals. The causes of migraines aren’t specifically understood. It may be due to the interaction of the brain stem with the trigeminal nerve which is an important pain pathway of the brain. Imbalances in hormonal levels or in the levels of neurotransmitters such as serotonin may also prove to be a causal factor.
Migraines may be triggered due to stress, physical exertion, and excess intake of alcohol or food additives such as MSG (Monosodium Glutamate). Changes in the environment and sleeping patterns may also be probable culprits.
Migraines can be easily distinguished from regular headaches, given the fact that migraines last longer and are rather severe in nature with pain felt in one part of the head. Most people experience the ‘Aura’stage where they have visual flashes right before headache. Nausea, eye pain or sensitivity to light and sound are other factors helpful in distinguishing migraine from other headaches.
Symptoms can occur a while before headache, immediately before headache, during headache and after headache. Although not all migraines are the same.
Typical symptoms include:
- Moderate to severe pain, usually confined to one side of the head during an attack, but can occur on either side of the head
- The pain is usually a severe, throbbing, pulsing pain
- Increasing pain during physical activity
- Inability to perform regular activities due to pain
- Feeling sick and physically being sick
- Increased sensitivity to light and sound, relieved by lying quietly in a darkened room
- Some people experience other symptoms such as sweating, temperature changes, tummy ache and diarrhea.
Complications in migraine may include:
- Chronic migraine which last up to 15 days or more
- Status Migrainosus where the attacks last for over 3 days
- Migrainous infarction where the aura lasts longer than it should, cutting blood supply to the brain.
I'm suffering from loose motion since 5 days. I also have acidity problem. Doctor prescribed me sompraz & ciboz 400 for 5 days. I'm using it since yesterday but there's no cure. I went to doctor today again and explained the health condition. He said nothing will happen it takes some time to cure. How many days does it take to get complete cure from loose motions. I'm going motion 2-3 times a day.
Hello, 2 days back I had a sex with a sex worker and during sexual intercourse, I licked her vagina. So I want to ask that is there any possibility of me getting HIV? I am already feeling cough in my throat and also severe body weakness. Please response as soon as possible. I really need professional help.
I am facing lots of flatulence. I am drinking plenty of water and no pain in stomach or bloating. What's the medication to lessen flatulence?
Joints form the connections between bones. They provide support and help you move. Any damage to the joints from disease or injury can interfere with your movement and cause a lot of pain.
Many different conditions can lead to painful joints, including
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Strains, sprains and other injuries of joints and around joints.
- Inflammation in and around joints
- CFS (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome)
- Ankylosing Spondylitis(A.S.)
- Tendon Sheath Inflammation (Tenosynovitis) etc.
Joint pain is extremely common. In one national survey, about one-third of adults reported having joint pain within the past 30 days.
Knee pain was the most common complaint, followed by shoulder and hip pain, but joint pain can affect any part of your body, from your ankles and feet to your shoulders and hands. As you get older, painful joints become increasingly more common.
For joint pain treatment we can use following techniques:
-Corrective devices if needed (orthotics)
-Manual therapy etc. depending upon the case.
BP and sometimes Sugar etc treatment needs to be changed in Erectile dysfunction and since the patient sees a different doctor for erection problem, it's forgotten.So the patient keeps suffering and the communication gap increases the problems inspite of 4G in communication.Secondly some doctors over correct the BP Sugar etc and sex issues increase.
The electrolytes are so important in Erectile dysfunction and nobody seen paying proper attention to it.Also some vitamins minerals etc not absorbed and patient's patience is lost and he lands in depression by the time he reaches Sexologist like Dr Vaibhav Lunkad,he says.
Then due to depression again whether depression is cause or effect,very few understand.And a new journey from pole to pillar starts.Till then marital or financial or psychosomatic issues increase,no doubt.Now whether it's a marital discord a counselor sees or Erectile dysfunction first to be handled another chaos sets in the patients life.
Snoring may be a sign of a more serious condition known as obstructive sleep apnea (OSA). It also causes disruption of the natural sleep that makes people feel poorly rested despite adequate time in bed. Apnea patients may experience 30 to 300 such events per night. Regular snorers are 5 times more likely to develop stroke, heart disease and hypertension.