Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kanwar's ClinicYour feedback matters!
एक होता है सर दर्द और दूसरा है माइग्रेन. सरदर्द तो फिर भी झेल लेते हैं लोग लेकिन माइग्रेन का शीघ्र इलाज बहुत जरुरी है. इसमें सिर में भयंकर दर्द होता है जिसका सहन करना बहुत मुश्किल है. ऊपर से सूरज की बढ़ती रौशनी के साथ दर्द भी बढ़ता जाता है. हलांकि माइग्रेन के उपचार के लिए बेहतर है कि आप डॉक्टर से सलाह लें लेकिन आप कुछ घरेलु उपचार करके इससे काफी हद तक राहत पा सकते हैं. इसीलिए हम आपको कुछ घरेलु उपचार बता रहे हैं-
1. पत्तेदार सब्जियां
माइग्रेन के घरेलु उपचार में पत्तेदार सब्जियां प्रमुख हैं. आप कहेंगे कि ऐसा क्या है पत्तेदार सब्जियों में तो आपको जानना चाहिए कि पत्तेदार सब्जियों में प्रचुर मात्रा में मैग्नीशियम पाया जाता है. मैग्नीशियम की पर्याप्त मात्रा में मौजूदगी माइग्रेन से राहत प्रदान करती है. इसके साथ ही यदि आप कुछ साबुत अनाज जैसे कि दलिया या फिर समुद्री जीव आदि भी ले सकते हैं.
2. नींद जरुरी है
माइग्रेन के उपचार में नींद की भी महत्वपूर्ण भूमिका होती है. इसलिए माइग्रेन से पीड़ित व्यक्ति के लिए पर्याप्त नींद लेना महत्वपूर्ण है. ऐसे लोगों को कोशिश करनी चाहिए कि शोरगुल से मुक्त वातारण में 7-8 घंटे की नींद लें. ऐसा इसलिए ताकि आपको गहरी नींद आ सके. गहरी नींद में सोने से माइग्रेन पीड़ित व्यक्ति को राहत मिलती है.
3. कसरत भी जरुरी है
कसरत तो हमें कुछ नहीं भी होने पर करना ही चाहिए. माइग्रेन के घरेलु उपचार में व्यायाम की भूमिका महत्वपूर्ण है. इसका कारण ये है कि कसरत या योग करने से तनाव काफी हद तक दूर होता है. जब तनाव दूर हो जाता है तो माइग्रेन से भी राहत मिलती है. इसलिए माइग्रेन पीड़ित व्यक्ति प्रतिदिन व्यायाम करें.
4. जंक फूड को कहें ना
जंक फ़ूड कई रोगों का जड़ बनता जा रहा है. फास्ट फ़ूड या डिब्बा बंद भोजन का हाल भी कुछ ऐसा ही है. माइग्रेन के उपचार के लिए ये बेहद जरुरी है कि आप जंक फ़ूड और पनीर, चॉकलेट, केले आदि से भी दूर रहें. क्योंकि इसमें पाए जाने वाले तत्व माइग्रेन रोगियों की परेशानी बढ़ाते हैं. इसलिए जहां तक हो सके घर का खाना खाएं.
5. अदरक भी लड़ता है माइग्रेन से
अपने बेहतरीन औषधीय गुणों से भरपूर अदरक आपके लिए माइग्रेन में भी राहत देता है. इसकी एक ख़ास बात ये भी है कि अदरक को आप खाने या चाय में भी स्वादानुसार डाल कर ले सकते हैं. इसके अलावा यदि आप ऐसे अदरक नहीं खा सकते हैं तो अब बाजार में अदरक के कैप्स्यूल भी मिलते हैं. इससे माइग्रेन के दौरान होने वाली मितली से आपको राहत मिलेगी.
6. तेज रोशनी से दूर रहें
तेज रौशनी और माइग्रेन का छत्तीस का आंकड़ा है. इसलिए आपको तेज रौशनी से बचकर रहना चाहिए. आपको इस बात का ध्यान रखना चाहिए कि जहां आपको सोना या बैठना हो वहां पर आस-पास रौशनी न आने पाए. यदि आप अँधेरे कमरे में सोएंगे तो और बेहतर है. जहाँ तक हो सके आपको सूरज की सीधी पड़ने वाली रौशनी से बचना चाहिए.
7. पिपरमेंट का तेल
पिपरमेंट का तेल भी माइग्रेन में काफी राहत प्रदान करता है. माइग्रेन की परेशानी को कम करने के लिए इसके मरीजों को हफ्ते में लगभग तीन बार पिपरमेंट के तेल से सर में मालिश करवानी चाहिए. इससे सर में ठंडक तो होती ही है, तेज दर्द से भी राहत मिलती है. जिससे कि आपका तनाव कम हो जाता है.
8. मछली खाएं
माइग्रेन पीड़ितों को मछली भी भरपूर मात्रा में खानी चाहिए. क्योंकि मछली में ओमेगा 3 नाम का फैटी एसिड पाया जाता है जो कि शरीर के लिए कई मामलों में फायदेमंद होता है. आपको बता दें कि ओमेगा 3 फैटी एसिड माइग्रेन का दर्द पैदा करने वाली सनसनाहट को कम करता है.
9. दूध भी है माइग्रेन का घरेलु उपचार
माइग्रेन के उपचार में दूध भी महत्वपूर्ण भूमिका निभाता है. लेकिन इसमें ध्यान रखने वाली बात ये है कि जो दूध आप इस दौरान लेंगे वो वसा रहित हो. इस दौरान वसा रहित दूध या फिर इससे बनें उत्पादों का भी आप सेवन कर सकते हैं. दूध के उत्पादों में विटामिन बी (राइबोफ्लेविन) अधिक मात्रा में रहता है, जिससे शरीर की कोशिकाओं को मजबूती मिलती है. सिर की कोशिकाओं को ऊर्जा नहीं मिलने पर ये कमजोर हो जाती.
10. चिंता न करें
माइग्रेन जिसमें आपके सर में असहनीय दर्द होता है, का मुख्य कारण चिंता करना, देर रात तक काम करना, मानसिक दुर्बलता, जुकाम, नजला, कब्ज, मलेरिया आदि हो सकता है. एक तथ्य ये भी है कि महिलाओं में माइग्रेन की समस्या पुरुषों के मुकाबले ज्यादा पाई जाती है. कारण ये है कि उनमें हिस्टीरिया, अधिक शारीरिक या मानसिक कार्य करने के कारण, सदमा लगने, बेवजह परेशान पेरशान होने से ये समस्या उत्पन्न होती है.
Sugary drinks are the most fattening things you can put into your body.
- This is because liquid sugar calories don't get registered by the brain in the same way as calories from solid foods.
- For this reason, when you drink soda, you end up eating more total calories.
- Sugary drinks are strongly associated with obesity, type 2 diabetes, heart disease and all sorts of health problems.
- Keep in mind that fruit juices are almost as bad as soda in this regard. They contain just as much sugar, and the small amounts of antioxidants do NOT negate the harmful effects of the sugar.
INDIAN SCENE OF FESTIVALS AND USE OF EXCESSIVE ALCOHOL:
With festival season approaching fast, the use of Alcohol goes beyond normal consumption limits by otherwise normal alcohol drinkers. Members of societies which forbid alocohol drinking also are seen tempted towards fun by relaxing, intoxicating and inebriating themselves by use of alcohol.
.Alcoholism is a major health and social problem throughout the world though it is a major cause of motor accidents particularly for young people.
GLOBAL SCENE OF ALCOHOLISM:
Alcoholism is a major health and social problem throuhout the globe though it is amjor cause of motor accidents and incidental deaths particularly for young people. The consumption of alcohol has existed in human society since time immemorial. In modern world all types of alcoholic beverages are freely available in global market.
Heavy drinkers suffer from HANGOVER which is a collection of signs and symptoms linked with recent bouts of heavy drinking. Hangovers may occur at any time of the day but commonly the morning the night of heavy or excess drinking and person may experience:
1. Physical symptoms: headache, dizziness, sickness, sleepyness, thirsty and confused
CURE AND PREVENTION:
Modern science clearly indicates that there is no cure but resting, drinking water and replacing electrolytes by food may help. Generally symptoms go away after 24 hrs. Preventive measure is responsible drinking.
EFFECTS ON LIVER:
Drinking heavy and excess alcohol can increase your risk of developing alcoholic liver disease e.g. fatty liver, alcoholic hepatitis, chronic hepatitis, liver fibrosis/ cirrhosis etc. When liver tries to breakdown alcohol, the resultant chemical reaction can damage its cells. Similarly heavy alcohol damages intestinal lining/ intestines thereby allowing gut bacteria to enter liver causing inflammation and scarring of liver. When regular excesses in drinking is the way of life, you may guess what can be the worst in a particular person.
AYURVEDA's PERSPECTIVE FOR PREVENTION and CURE:
Ayurveda has clear opinion and rules on the use of Madya - the Alcohol. Ayurveda has defined views on npreparation of Herbal wines called Asavas and Arishtas. Western Herbalism also uses tinctures etc in the same way as Ayurveda to extract active ingradients of herbs.
In Ayurveda MADATYA ROGA is associated with effects of alcoholism. Ayurveda's herbal bitters like Neem, Guduchi, Bhuiamla, Kalmegh, Amla and many others not only protect and cure liver inflammation by Pittavirechan and detoxification but there are other home remedies like dates, raisins, Kokum butter, tamarind fruit, pomegranates, Amla etc which may be combined as powder and taken with 100ml of boiled, cooled water. It may be taken soon after alcohol intake or at bed time or in the morning. Make it fresh because it cant be stored for long. Amalvetas,Tvak, Ela, Marich, Safed Jeera, Souvarchal Namak, Vrikshamala, Sugar effectively overcomes hangover.
SO I MAY SAY THAT RESONSIBLE DRINKING AND USE OF HERBS ARE WISER STEPS TO COMBAT EFFECTS OF ALCOHOLISM.
Customised and readymade Ayurvedic Solutions are available for prevention and cure of Hangover and Liver affliction.
Increase Sex Power with 21 Ayurvedic Foods
- You might don't know, 21 aphrodisiac Ayurvedic Common Foods/ २१ पुरुषत्व वर्धक आयुर्वेदिक घरेलू आहार
- People take lots of costly medications, and sometime face side effects and many times no effects.
- Why to depends on medicine only, when you better choice
- Aphrodisiac foods help to improve sex life and increase the sperm counts.
मधुमेह से बचने के उपाय!
- Diabetes is life threatning disease. Patient dies because of the complications of diabetes, such as Stoke, Heart diseases, etc. Some time may face very critical situations like Amputaion(Removal of body part).
- India is diabetic capital in the world and patients rate are increasing day by day. So PREVENTION is better than CURE.
- Sexual potency is an important part of most men’s lives. The desire to fully satisfy a lover is a goal that generally requires endurance on the male partner’s part. Amorous lovers long to improve their stamina in the bedroom. Fortunately, the ability to delay climax can be developed by those who put in the effort. Orgasm-delaying techniques along with other particular exercises and efforts can improve sexual stamina, elevating the pleasure level of both partners.
- Sexual stamina is important to men who want to fully please their lovers. Unfortunately, many men suffer from a lack of stamina due to premature ejaculation or other problems. Both men and women desire satisfying sex lives. Part of a successful sexual relationship is stamina. Partners want to please each other fully and this involves lasting long enough so that both are fulfilled. Being a strong sexual partner takes some work. Build up your sexual stamina so you can please your lover and yourself.
Research proves that exercise is a great way to improve sexual function in both men and women. Whether one suffers from sexual problems like erectile dysfunction or may just want to improve their sex life, exercising the sex muscles is effective in both cases. A particular group of muscles function together and are involved directly in the process. Exercising these muscles will naturally increase the flow of blood to your penis and help improve sexual performance.
Here are ways to exercise which prove to be effective in enhancing your sex life.
- Exercising the core muscles and supporting muscles: This type of exercise aims at strengthening your pelvic floor muscles. An easy way to locate these muscles is to stop the flow of urine midway or to hold one's bladder when one needs to pee. Keeping the muscles contracted for a period of ten seconds and relaxing them completes one cycle. This exercise helps improve erection and control your orgasm better by strengthening the core muscles.
- Exercising the supporting muscles: The second exercise involves pushups. Without this exercise, the other muscles might become tired and one may not be able to achieve sexual fulfillment. This exercise tends to improve the strength of one's abs, lower back, shoulder, chest, arms, legs and buttocks. The muscles in these body parts are the supporting sex muscles which work together to make the act more fulfilling. A set of 10 or 20 pushups, three times a day is recommended.
- Exercising to enhance flow of blood to all body parts: Rebounding on a mini trampoline for at least 10 minutes a day can improve one's sexual performance to a great extent. It is important that one engages in the act carefully so as to avoid injury or accidents. This exercise is both fun and easy. It helps to increase the circulation of blood to all areas of the body and helps to strengthen the pelvic, abdominal muscles, hip and leg muscles. This exercise also helps to overcome lethargy.
If you are experiencing a whizzing sound while you breathe or having difficulty in breathing, you are suffering from asthma. It is a medical condition characterized by paroxysmal wheezing respiration dyspnoea. There is no definite way to prevent asthma, but by following a step-by-step daily plan, you can prevent asthma attacks or keep them in check. Here are some important measures to follow to prevent asthma:
- You need to strictly follow your asthma action plan. The plan should be laid down after a detailed discussion with your doctor or healthcare team. All the medicines you require to prevent the asthma attacks will be written down for you.
- You should get vaccinated for pneumonia and influenza. This will prevent these conditions from triggering asthma attacks or flare-ups.
- You need to identify the asthma triggers and stay away from them. Several outdoors irritants and allergens from pollen to cold air can trigger asthma attacks.
- You have to monitor your breathing. By recognising the warning signs of an attack like wheezing, slight coughing or shortness of breath, you can prevent an asthma attack. You need to measure and record your peak airflow regularly using a home peak flow meter.
- By acting quickly, you can identify a fatal attack and prevent it from occurring. When the peak flow measurement decreases, you need to take your medicines immediately and abstain from any activity which may have triggered the attack.
- You need to keep taking your prescribed medicines, even if your asthma symptoms have improved. You should not change your medication schedule without consulting a doctor. It is recommended that you to bring along the medicines you take at your doctor’s appointment as he will be able to tell whether you are taking them right.
- If you use your quick relief inhaler a lot, the asthma is not under control. You need to visit your doctor as soon as possible and he/she will make some modifications to your treatment.
- For prevention of asthma, you should use allergy proof pillow covers and mattresses. You must wash your bedding every week in hot water to eliminate dust mites. You may use a dehumidifier for reducing excess moisture to prevent mold.
- Do not allow your pets in the bedroom and on the furniture. Pet dander is a common trigger of asthma and it cannot be avoided by people who own pets.
- You can also fit an air filtration system in your home. It will help in the elimination of asthma triggers such as pollen, dust mites and other allergens.
Many doctors suggest immunotherapy for asthma prevention in the form of allergy shots. Immunotherapy aims at altering a person’s immune response by making it less sensitive to asthma triggers.
The penile size gets enlarged with arousal or with any desire or thought related to intercourse. A set of spongy tissues of the muscle corpora cavernosa gets relaxed and enlarged so as to accommodate the increased blood flow towards the penis with every sexual arousal. Similarly, there are group of muscles that help to withhold the blood from moving away from penis thus, it maintains the state of erection for satisfactory sexual activity. These are the physiological process involved with erection of penis in normal healthy men.
Any disturbances or interruption in this normal process leads to failure of erection with sexual arousal or desire or inability to sustain the erection for a long period of time. This condition is called as erectile dysfunction. One in five men faces this problem in their life. There are several factors that are responsible for causing erectile dysfunction. They include neurogenic cause, psychological cause, drug induced, vascular and combination of several other factors.
- Neurogenic cause: Neurological problems like Parkinson’s disease, stroke, head injury and Alzheimer’s disease can lead to the development of erectile dysfunction. These diseases may cause disturbance to the initiation or transmission of the nerve impulses that are responsible for the erection.
- Psychological causes: Psychological factor acts as a major cause for most of the sexual disorders or dysfunction for both male and females. And factors responsible for causing erectile dysfunction are excessive work stress, unresolved relationship issues, performance anxiety, lack of love and understanding between the partners, suppressed feelings and emotions, childhood sex abuse, previous misconception or negative failure past sexual experiences. These psychological factors are responsible for causing psychogenic erectile dysfunction.
- Drug induced: Heroin, cocaine, amphetamines and cannabis are harmful drugs that may lead to the development of erectile dysfunction. There are also few drugs which interfere with the regulation of certain hormones that are responsible for the sexual activity.
- Vascular cause of erectile dysfunction: Systemic diseases like diabetes, hypertension and hyperlipidemia can cause damage to the blood vessel and impairs the blood flow in our body. This may also cause decreased blood flow to the penis and may lead to erectile dysfunction.
Addiction is the absolute dependency on a particular substance or situation. Substance addiction includes a variety of substances apart from alcohol and drugs. Examples include porn, food, chocolate, nicotine, etc. Situation addiction includes gambling, shopping and sex among others. The problem in our society with addiction is it is treated like a choice than as a major problem faced by an individual. De-addiction is the process of ridding the individual of his dependence on certain substances or activities.
- Rehabilitation psychology studies the process of de-addiction and helps addicts blend with the normal lifestyle. Rehab centers offer several forms of therapy to reduce substance usage.
- Group therapy is always the go to form of therapeutic technique to deal with cases of addiction owing to the common feeling among users that people who aren’t addicted and do not know what they’re going through. In those cases, it is rather important to have support from a group of people who are exactly where they are.
- Family therapy is also essential to make the individual know how their loved ones feel and also remind them of the unconditional support. Some rehab centers also use the horse therapy (focuses on interaction with horses which facilitates emotional and occupational development in patients) which is rather interesting to witness.
- In addition to therapy, rehab centers teach life skills and cooperation. Apart from all this, drugs are also prescribed to deal with addiction along with the weekly scheduled personal therapy sessions.
Although an unfamiliar concept in India, halfway homes are the next step after the rehab. The individuals learn different skills and ways to manage themselves outside the house while still continuing their therapy. This is done to make sure one doesn’t relapse right after the rehabilitation has been completed. Most rehabs also suggest support group meetings. Even otherwise support groups are extremely effective in the de-addiction process. ‘Alcoholics Anonymous’ and ‘Narcotics Anonymous’ are two of the most widely managed support groups around the world.
Addiction is an immense issue which has spiraled out of control in today’s times. However, it is necessary to understand it isn’t the question of the individual’s morality. The removal of labels and stigma is essential in the entire process. Support from loved ones is an extremely important step towards de-addiction, right after the acceptance that one is addicted. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
Are you suffering from diabetes? If yes, then it’s time for you to be extra careful about your health. Diabetes may cause several other diseases as well. You must check your lifestyle and take efforts to get rid of diabetes as soon as possible. If you have diabetes, then youu are at risk of developing nerve damages (neuropathy), vascular injuries and other heart diseases, regardless of your age, sex or other external or internal factors. Diabetes patients must strive to maintain fasting blood glucose levels less than 110 mg/dL and hemoglobin HbA1C level less than 7%. Also, diabetes patients should keep a check on blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
Here’s how diabetes can affect your overall health:
There is a correlation between blood pressure, cholesterol levels and diabetes. Researchers have found that high bad cholesterol levels act as hindrance to insulin regulation. People with diabetes are more likely to develop heart-related diseases. About 60% diabetes patients die due to heart attacks. Diabetes is responsible for hardening of arteries or atherosclerosis. This situation is dangerous and can cause heart attacks, strokes or other chronic diseases.
Diabetes leads to impaired nerve function. This is called neuropathy. This condition is of two types: Peripheral (affects toes, feet, legs, hand, and arms) and Autonomic (affects digestion, bowel, bladder, heart and sexual activity). Symptoms of neuropathy include tingling, weakness, burning sensation, numbness in the limbs, digestive disorders, infection of the bladder and erectile dysfunction.
Diabetes is responsible for causing damage to the kidneys as well. This is called nephropathy. In this condition, the filters in the kidney or glomeruli get damaged. As a result, there is a leakage of protein in the urine. Consequently, kidneys get damaged. Urine showing small amounts of protein is an indication of kidney damage. About 20-40% patients suffering from diabetes die due to renal failure. The symptoms of renal disorder due to diabetes include itching, fatigue, urine with protein, swelling of feet and ankles and pale skin colour.
Diabetes causes non-injury amputations as it affects the nerve in the limbs, especially foot. Usually, minor infections in the foot may lead to ulcers and later require amputation. In rare cases, charcot joint or charcot foot may also occur. This is called neuropathic arthropathy. The symptoms include swelling and reddening of the foot. The bones of the affected foot have a tendency to develop cracks, deforming the entire region. Diabetes leads to blindness in adults. The eye disorder caused due to diabetes is called retinopathy. Patients with diabetes develop cataract easily. The capillaries and blood vessels in the retina get damaged or obstructed, resulting in damage to the entire retina.
Ayurveda is a system of medicine that takes a holistic approach to treat various diseases. It is believed in Ayurveda that when a disease occurs in your body then it means that the mind, body and soul is unbalanced.
It is believed that everyone is made up of five elements that is earth, air, water, ether and fire. If all of these elements in the body are well balanced, then the body tends to function in a healthy manner. An illness is a sign that one or multiple elements in the body are not balanced. A practitioner carries out a diagnosis of your diet, lifestyle, seeks to find out the cause of the imbalance and provides treatment accordingly.
Ayurvedic remedies for diabetes:
- Plan your diet as it is one of the most important thing in order to manage your diabetes. One must take balanced diet. But avoid foods increasing the Kapha Dosha. These include sugar, fats, potatoes, rice. You must avoid alcohol
- Take the help of physical exercises or yoga to stay fit.
- Check your weight.
- Don’t sleep during daytime.
Here is a list of useful herbs for diabetes management–
- Jambhul (Eugenia jambolana) powder from jamun core.
- Gurmar(gymnema sylvestre)
- Bitter Gourd/bitter melon (Momordica charantia)
- Bel (Aegle marmelos).
- Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum graecum)
Apart from these basic natural foods, you must contact an Ayuvedic practitioner, who will help you not just in planning your diet, but will suggest certain specific Ayurvedic medicines which will boost you efforts to get rid of diabetes.
An injury runs its course of a few days to weeks depending on the size and heals and closes. There could be scarring or mobility issues in some though. However, this does not happen in all cases, and a wound that has not healed for more than 6 weeks is termed as chronic. They are most common in the hands and feet. In those who have mobility issues, hips, buttocks, and thighs are also common areas.
Read on to know more about why this happens and how they can be treated.
Reasons: Though there could health conditions aggravating the healing, most wounds heal late due to 3 reasons:
- Poor circulation: A healing wound requires nutrition for the cells to repair, and if there is improper circulation, then healing is definitely delayed. This can happen due to diabetes, malnutrition, reduced mobility, vascular disease, etc. In many unsuspecting people, nonhealing wounds have led to diabetes being diagnosed. Diabetes also affects nerve supply, so delayed healing may go unnoticed too. Post injury, it is also important to completely stop movement, as circulation needs to be maintained for proper, quick healing.
- Infection: By preventing tissue regeneration and interfering with blood clotting, they can prolong bleeding and cause chronic inflammation. This leads to delayed healing and in most cases, worsening of the current situation.
- Fluid accumulation/edema: Any injury causes leakage of cellular fluid into the surrounding tissues. This causes edema and the surrounding tissue is often swollen. This leads to poor circulation also, which is another cause for delayed healing. Edema also reduces tissue repair difficult, not allowing skin to form over the wound.
Symptoms: While the wound per se is an indication, there are also other symptoms which indicate a non-healing wound.
- Pain, which has not subsided
- Swelling, discharge, odor, and skin color changes due to the ongoing infection. A thin discharge is not worrisome, but a thicker or foul-smelling discharge is definitely a cause for concern
- Open wound: Most wounds heal within the 30-day period. If the wound is open beyond that, it is always advisable to seek medical support.
Management: This would include generic and local treatment.
Generic treatment would include a nutritious diet, good sleep and rest, adequate exercise and rehab program to ensure adequate mobility, and frequent monitoring. In addition, conditions like diabetes have to be monitored and brought under control.
Local treatment options would be:
- Wound debridement and skin or tissue grafting
- Medications to improve wound healing
- Hyperbaric oxygen to provide more oxygen to the wound in particular
- Vascular repair to improve circulation.
Delayed healing of wounds should not be ignored; timely medical help can avoid complications.
Fatty liver is a condition where excess fat is deposited on this organ. Also called as steatosis, this condition happens when more than 5- 10 percent of the weight of the liver is made up of fat.
Fatty liver is a common condition among people. A study from coastal regions of India found ~ 25% of healthy persons had patients had fatty liver on ultrasound.
It can occur at all ages including childhood, highest prevalence is in 40–50 year age group. Prevalence more in patient who are obese and in diabetic patients.
Types of Fatty Liver
1 Alcoholic fatty liver: This condition occurs when there is a heavy consumption of alcohol. Gastroenterologists recommend abstention from alcohol for this condition to subside. If the patient continues to consume alcohol, then liver cirrhosis may develop.
2 Non alcoholic fatty liver (NAFL): One may develop a fatty liver even if one is not an alcoholic. The liver in some cases is unable to process the fat in cells causing them to build-up on the organ.
When more than 10% of the liver is made of fat then this condition is called Non Alcoholic Fatty Liver (NAFL).
Non alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH): When fatty liver is associated with inflammation in liver patient is said to be having Non alcoholic steatohepatitis. NASH is a more advanced stage of NAFLD, and has a higher risk of progressing to liver cirrhosis or hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC). These condition display symptoms like jaundice, vomiting, nausea, loss of appetite and abdominal pain. Blood test (LFT) shows raised enzymes level. Approx 5-8% of the Indian population has NASH. Consult a doctor if you are experiencing any of these symptoms.
During the early stages (fatty liver) of the disease, patients usually have no symptoms directly related to liver disease. However, people may experience a vague abdominal discomfort. If their liver is inflamed (NASH) then they may display symptoms of poor appetite, weight loss, pain in the abdomen and disorientation.
What causes fatty liver?
The most common cause of fatty liver is alcoholism. When the human liver is unable to metabolize fat fast enough or when there is an excess accumulation of fat on the liver cells then the liver becomes fatty. However, intake of high-fat foods may not result in a fatty liver.
- Diabetes mellitus
- Obesity or being overweight
- Hyperlipidemia or the condition where there are high levels of fat in the blood
- Genetic reasons
- Rapid loss of weight
- Drugs: Aspirin, steroids, tamoxifen, tetracycline etc. cause side effects which also leads to fatty liver
- Nutritional status (eg, overnutrition, severe malnutrition, total parenteral nutrition [TPN], or starvation diet)
- Other health problems (eg, Hepatitis C infection, celiac sprue and Wilson disease)
Sex is an act that is supposed to leave you satisfied and happy, but sometimes that’s not the case. This can be due pain or discomfort, stress or low confidence levels. However, by adopting a few simple ways you can enjoy a healthier and a much more satisfying love-making session.
1. Talk between the sheets: This is very important. Your partner wouldn’t know what you’re in the mood of until and unless you tell them. Nobody can read minds. Know each other erogenous zones to know what turns your partner on. When your partner does something you like, or does something you don’t like, you should let them know in order to derive maximum pleasure during sex.
2. Make use of the correct lubricant: This is applicable for women: just as wetness is a part of sex, so is dryness no matter if you’re in the mood or not. Women hardly ever get the 20 minutes of foreplay they need to be properly lubricated before sex. Sometimes factors like childbirth, breastfeeding or menopause can aggravate this situation. So in such cases it is best to use a liquid lubricant that doesn’t cause allergy to you and your partner, and can make sex a smooth and pleasurable activity. Avoid baby oil or body lotions if you’re using a latex condom.
3. Check with your doctor for itching/ burning sensations: If you’re suffering from itching or burning sensations in your privates, then chances are you might be suffering from an infection. If it causes problem in your sex life, then a doctor should be immediately consulted. Sometimes it may just be an allergy to latex or a lubricant. In such cases try switching to a different type of condom and/or lubricant.
4. Explore different things together: A shift in position or a new sex activity can make sex highly enjoyable and exciting, adding that zing that was missing in your sex life. Indulge in role playing, sex toys or even light bondage if you like to spice things up in the bed. Also, keep shifting left, right, up and down in the same sex position to heighten pleasure.
5. Get enough sleep: Getting your fix of 8 hours of sleep is very important for a healthy love making session. Lack of sleep can leave you tired and not in the mood of any sort of sexual activity. It can even lower libido in men and in extreme cases it can lead to sexual dysfunction as well. So rest well to enjoy your private time with your partner.