Doctor in Dr H.R Dedhia Clinic
Submit a review for Dr H.R Dedhia ClinicYour feedback matters!
Exercise has a considerable number of benefits to offer people who have diabetes. As a result of doing exercise on a regular basis, the blood sugar level stays in check. Managing diabetes without indulging in any physical activity is near to no good as exercise is the backbone of diabetes treatment. Here are the ten exercises that prove to be great for people with diabetes.
- Walking: Walking is considered to be one of the best exercises for treating diabetes and the most prescribed physical activity for people with Type 2 diabetes. A daily brisk walking of at least 30 minutes can be the easiest way of increasing one’s physical activity level.
- Running/jogging: By jogging or running daily, people can control their blood pressure and ensure good heart condition. It proves to be extremely beneficial for diabetes people who often develop risks of heart attacks or high blood pressure.
- Weight training: As regular weight training helps in building the muscle mass, opting for this becomes necessary for people with Type 2 diabetes. Because losing muscle mass means difficulty in maintaining the blood sugar levels.
- Tai Chi: Tai Chi helps in relaxing the body and mind as well as ensures trouble-free body movements. Tai Chi plays a crucial role in reducing stress and nerve damage, which is a common complication in diabetes.
- Swimming: Swimming helps in relaxing and stretching the muscles, without exerting any pressure on the joints, which is why it is a great exercise for diabetic people. Often diabetic people lose sensation in their feet, which makes swimming the best option for them.
- Yoga: Helping in lowering the body fat, improving the nerve function, and fighting the insulin resistance, yoga can benefit people suffering from diabetes in a lot of ways. By controlling the stress, it indirectly helps in lowering the blood sugar levels.
- Stationary bicycling: A form of aerobic exercise, stationary bicycling ensures a strong heart and well-functioning lungs. Burning lots of calories, it improves the blood flow to the legs, which is important for diabetic people.
- Water aerobics: Water aerobics, too, has a lot of benefits to offer to the diabetic people in terms of regaining the right body balance and strengthening the muscles.
- Playing: For those who enjoy playing tennis or basketball, treating diabetes with exercise can be an easy job. All one has to do is play rigorously on a daily basis, and the body will stay fit and the blood sugar levels well controlled.
- Dancing: Dancing can be a great way of doing exercise for the diabetic people as it helps in improving the flexibility of the body, reducing stress and lowering the blood sugar levels.
By including exercise as a regular part of their daily life, people with diabetes can not only experience positive effects on their diabetic condition but can also achieve an overall good health with desired fitness.
Our skin requires proper care from time to time, and therefore it is essential to implement the right steps at the right time. Peels are useful assets for polishing and bringing life to our skin. In today’s age, it becomes difficult to maintain the tone and texture of the skin. So, peels help in making this successful in the best ways.
Here are some of the notable and effective advantages of peel treatment.
- Cleansing your skin: Are you tired of dull skin? Then it’s time to opt for a peel treatment. There are different types of peel treatment which lead to excellent results for the skin tone and texture. It helps in cleansing the skin especially the facial skin. It works deep through the facial skin successfully thus leading to much improved and clean skin.
- Works well for acne: Acne is one of the most commonly occurring skin problems in the recent times. It leads to a severe change in the looks of the facial skin. Acne results in deposition of the dirt in the clogged pores when not treated for an extended period. Various peel treatments help in bringing out the dirt from the pores, thus clearing the areas affected by acne.
- Radiant skin: Peel treatments are useful in creating radiant skin just after the procedure. If you are struggling with bringing that glow to your facial skin, then peel treatments work best for almost every type of skin. After the peel treatment, you will be able to see the change in your skin with grace and appreciate the results immediately.
- Revive your skin: Daily exposure to sun damages the sensitive skin after a certain period. This leads to the necessity to bring back that tone and texture of your skin. Peel treatments are effective in reviving the quality of the skin. So, if you are planning to opt for some new type of skin treatment in the sooner time then make sure that you try peel treatments for reviving back your precious facial skin.
- Can cure wrinkled skin: With age, all of us tend to get wrinkles, and these are most prominent on the facial part of the skin. In order to prevent any adverse effects of aging on the looks of the individual, wrinkles can be cured with the help of peel treatment. So, opt for the best peel treatments to get rid of the wrinkled skin.
Thus, if you are looking for some of the fine solutions for improvement of the facial skin then make sure that you choose for the peel treatments. These are some of the advantageous features of the peel treatments which fetch the desired results for the skin.
After exceeding all expectations in 2017, the Indian Women’s Cricket Team is making India proud once again with their extraordinary and remarkable performance in ICC Women's World T20, 2018-19.
As everyone knows, the Indian Women’s Cricket Team reached the finals in England in 2017 but missed the chance of lifting the trophy by a whisker. Everyone in the team from Punam Raut, Smriti Mandhana, Veda Krishnamurthy, Deepti Sharma, Harmanpreet Kaur, to skipper Mithali Raj, etc. played a crucial part in India’s journey to the 2017 Women’s CWC final.
In the ongoing ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup 2018, Indian players are performing phenomenally with their skills in batting, bowling and fielding. Harmanpreet Kaur, India’s captain, is the only cricketer to have scored a T20 century in the ongoing series. Poonam Yadav, one of the best spinners in the Indian team, took 8 wickets for India in this series until now. Also, RP Yadav is performing astoundingly and has taken 7 wickets for India so far. India is also one of the top rankers for highest team runs in the ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup 2018.
These players work hard to be fit and perform well in the matches.
How Do Indian Women Cricketers Keep Themselves Fit?
The Indian Women’s Cricket Team members train hard. Their ability with direct throws and agility has increased remarkably over the years. Apart from net sessions, they undergo various exercises and training that help build stamina, power and agility. Some of them are listed below:
Cricket is a sport that requires building strength, flexibility and stamina. Bowling, Sprinting, or hitting may look effortless, but they require a lot of stamina building and strength building workouts. Weight training and compound training like burpees, lunges, squats, pull-ups, push-ups, etc. help to build stability, enhance flexibility, better posture, and strength.
Endurance Training like HIIT, sprinting, functional training, circuit training, cycling, biking, jump squats, jogging, etc. helps to increase energy levels, prevent injuries, and improve performance.
Core exercises help maintain consistent performance and delivery. It ensures the overall balance of the body and helps in fast recovery from injuries. Some of the Core trainings are planks, crunches, Russian twists, leg raises, sit-ups, alternate superman, trunk rotation, hanging leg raises, etc.
Flexibility plays an important role in cricket. Flexibility helps in fielding, lessen the chances of injuries, remove stiffness and tension in the muscles.
Their Diet Plan includes:
5-8 meals a day.
More lean protein.
Vegetable and Fruit based Carbohydrates.
Balanced amount of fat.
Enough water to keep the body hydrated.
High-calorie sweets, processed foods, fried foods, and red meats are avoided.
Most Common Injuries Sports Persons Suffer From
These high-intensity training regimens come with their own fair share of sports-related injuries. Some of the Common injuries’ women sportsperson may suffer are:
Rotator Cuff Injury
Lower Back Pains
How Can Women Cricketers Keep These Injuries at Bay?
To avoid injuries, women cricketers need to take some preventive measures while playing the cricket, like one should always wear a helmet, mouthguard, shoes, protective gear, body padding including leg pads, forearm guards, gloves, etc.
Sports and fitness are very important for women. Not only it keeps them physically healthy but provides mental exercise as well. They can choose a fitness regime to follow based on their own comfort level. And if they participate in some sports, it is important to wear the necessary safety gear.
Celebrities all around the world have a huge fan base on their social media accounts such as Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Twitter. But recently, it has been reported that numerous celebrities are quitting social media and taking a break from it to focus on their mental health.
Such celebrities include Selena Gomez, Justin Bieber, Kim Kardashian and many other world-famous icons. Ariana Grande and Ed Sheeran are also on this list alongside one of the biggest YouTube icon Lily Singh aka Superwoman.
But why is it so?
Different people have their own opinions. But most of them are of the belief that such world-class celebrities are quitting social media because they want to bring a balance to their mental health. The world of the internet and social media can at times become very suffocating, pressurizing and overwhelming as well. So, to stay away from such negative attributes, these celebrities are avoiding social media platforms. Let us find out how this trend of quitting social media is related to mental health.
How social media can have a negative impact on mental health?
Social media undoubtedly has brought the world closer and now people can connect with each other very easily without any hassles. But, we cannot miss out on the negative impact it has on the people also. Here are some very negative ways by which people including the celebrities can be a victim of it.
Cyberbullying - Cyberbullying is one of the most dangerous sides of social media. Teenage boys and especially girls can be a victim of cyberbullying. As a result of such bullying an individual can be affected with depression, anxiety and even develop suicidal tendencies.
Negative Memories - Social media can be a great platform to cherish memories with your close ones. But the same platform can also be used to trigger memories which are disturbing, embarrassing or depressing to remember. Many people, thus tend to get depressed or suffer from anxiety when they see such memories.
Hamper Reputation - Social media can be used to hamper the reputation and good name of a person very easily. A viral photo or video of any individual or individuals can be used to damage the reputation one has built. Many a time fake news, pictures and other media can be used to target a person and bring their name down. It is very much common nowadays and even with celebrities as well.
So, as you can see that social media can seriously affect the mental health of a person whether he or she is a common individual or a celebrity. Social media can bring anxiety, depression, embarrassing situations and many other negative aspects to a person's life.
As a result, they tend to suffer from a disturbed mental health which can also take a toll on their physical fitness or health. So, if you are facing such a situation or want to avoid any of these to affect your life, it is better that you stay away from social media for the time being and focus on a positive development of yourself.
A few days ago, Nick Jonas, Priyanka Chopra's fiance, took to Instagram to reveal that he was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes 13 years ago. The famous singer went on to explain that since he has always been working out and eating right to manage the disease. It is a heart-warming message and is a timely reminder that Type 1 Diabetes should be diagnosed on time so that medication can manage its symptoms.
What is Type 1 Diabetes?
It is a chronic condition, which is also called juvenile diabetes because it manifests only in children when the pancreas produce little to no insulin. Without insulin (a hormone), sugar cannot enter the cells and energy cannot be produced.
It is estimated that around 97,700 children in India are diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes every year.
When should you consult a doctor for Type 1 Diabetes?
If your child shows the following symptoms, it could be Type 1 Diabetes:
Frequent urge to urinate
Rapid weight loss
Vaginal yeast infection in girls
The feeling of always being hungry
What are the risks associated with Type 1 Diabetes?
The complications arising out of Type 1 Diabetes can have a severe and debilitating effect on the body in the long run:
Heart Diseases: Type 1 Diabetes can make a person more susceptible to cardiovascular problems like coronary artery disease, high blood pressure, heart attack, stroke and atherosclerosis (constricting of the arteries).
Kidney damage (Nephropathy): Type 1 Diabetes attacks the kidney’s filtering system, which can lead to kidney failure or end-stage kidney disease.
Nerve damage (Neuropathy): Type 1 Diabetes damages the walls of the blood vessels of neurons especially in the legs. This results in tingling sensation in the toes. Eventually, a person might lose all feeling in the legs.
Eye damage: Type 1 Diabetes can damage the retina to cause blindness. It can also cause cataracts and glaucoma.
Pregnancy-related complications: Type 1 Diabetes is dangerous for both the mother and the baby. The risks of miscarriage, stillbirth and birth defects go up significantly if the mother has type 1 diabetes.
Management of Type 1 Diabetes:
Type 1 Diabetes has no cure. Type 1 Diabetes can be life-threatening unless it is meticulously managed every day of your life. Consult a doctor and dietician to chalk out a course that will help keep the effects of diabetes under check.
Since the body does not produce sufficient insulin, insulin supplements in the form of injects are needed. You will have to undergo insulin therapy all throughout your life
You need to monitor your blood glucose level every day. You can buy a glucometer to check your blood sugar level at home.
The super food that you must include in your diet are - beans, leafy vegetables, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, fish with omega 3 fatty acid, whole grains and citrus fruits. Always avoid alcohol and cigarettes.
Regular exercising can help manage glucose levels and ward off diabetes-related complications. Some exercises that you should incorporate in your daily regime are- aerobic exercises like running, swimming, cycling. If you are not up to rigorous exercises, you should at least walk for 30 minutes every day.
Type 1 Diabetes can be fatal but with proper medication, diet and exercise, you can go on to live a long healthy life.