Submit a review for TestYour feedback matters!
I want to start taking triphala juice in the morning empty stomach .how should I manage it because I have also started taking ashwagandha churn at night. Will it be beneficial for me?
Dear sir I want to increase my weight .so tell me how's I can increase weight? Sir already I joined gym from 2 years.
My weight is very l low and my health is not so good. My height is also low height is not sufficient to my weight. I am feeling tired even when walking. So please consult me. I am suffering from fever last few weeks and my heart bit is very fast.
I was prescribed by my rheumatologist Dr. in Chennai to take calcium with vitamin d3 daily to get rid of osteoporosis can I take twice daily twice a day.
I fell from stool 6 months back my knee was fractured after recovery I took physiotherapy for 15 days but even know I can't climb steps what should I do know.
Knee replacement is a procedure where the weight-carrying surfaces of knee joint are replaced surgically to ease the pain or any disability. People suffering from osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis or psoriatic arthritis undergo knee replacement. All these conditions revolve around stiffness and painful knee. This surgery is usually performed on people aged over 50.
Knee replacement is mainly of two main types:
- Total knee replacement where both the sides of knee joints are replaced
- Partial knee replacement where only single side of the joint is replaced
In case of partial knee replacement with minimal invasion, a smaller incision, which is 3 to 5 inches, is required. This leads to minimal tissue damage, and the surgeon can work between the fibres of the quadriceps muscles. Here, an incision through the tendon is not required. This may result in less pain, recovery time is reduced, and motion is better as scar tissue formation is less.
In total knee replacement, four steps are performed:
- Removal of damaged cartilage surfaces, which is at the ends of the femur and tibia, with a small quantity of underlying bone.
- Replacement with metal components, which help as a recreated surface of the joint
- Incision of knee cap with a resurface made of a plastic button, which is optional based on the case
- Insertion of a medical-grade plastic spacer amid the metal components. This creates an effortless gliding surface.
After general or spinal anaesthesia, an incision of 8-12inches is made in the front part of the knee. Joint part which is damaged is removed from the surface of the bones. The surfaces are then formed in a way to hold a metal or plastic artificial joint. The thigh bone shin as well as knee cap is attached to the artificial joint with either cement or a special material.
After Effects of the Procedure-
After the surgery, patients may stay in a hospital for three to five days. Post surgery, notable improvement can be seen after a month or later. The patient is gradually relieved from pain with the construction of new gliding surface during surgery.
There will be slow progress in the movement. In the beginning, one may walk with a support of parallel bars and then with the help of crutches, walker, or cane. After full recovery in about six weeks, people can enjoy normal activities except running or jumping.
Presently, over 90% of total knee replacements function well even after 15 years of surgery. Hence, knee problem is no problem at all!
When you say weight loss, the first thing that comes to mind is the need to starve oneself and skip eating. This thought is very scary for people who are used to 4 regular meals a day. But, now you can feel good, because it is not just scary, it is false too. The idea is to eat healthy and low-calorie foods and not to stop eating completely.
You should also learn to trick your body, eat something filling that will control and delay your hunger pangs. Your stomach is busy, but not digesting anything that adds a lot of calories into your system. Sounds great, isn't it? Try these low-fat, filling foods and see how different your body reacts.
- Eggs: They are not just filled with protein, but provide all the essential amino acids for your system. These amino acids have the ability to suppress hunger, and it will be quite some time before you start feeling hungry. Scrambled or hard-boiled or in any form you like, pick an egg if you have a choice and see the difference.
- Oatmeal: Breakfast is considered as the most important meal of the day and try to make it as wholesome as possible. Oats, loaded with fiber, fills your stomach and prolongs your hunger pangs. They are not just low on calories, but help control your body mass index (BMI) as well. Oats can be cooked in different ways, and by adding fruit or vegetables you can make it more wholesome. Oats helps in controlling cravings and oats in form of salads is a very healthy option.
- Apples: With about 75 calories in each average-sized fruit, apple is packed with nutrients and accelerates weight loss. The ursolic acid present in apples improves fat burning and promotes leaner muscle mass. Best eaten raw, you can also add it to oats or have a smoothie.
- Beans: Packed with water, fiber, and protein, beans in any form will keep you full and is a great addition to your diet. Either as a soup, baked, or cooked in your preferred way, beans will help you eat less and lose more weight.
- Nuts: While nuts are usually considered off radar for people who are watching their weight, it is not true. Whether almonds, walnuts, cashews, pecans, or pistachios, nuts contain unsaturated fats and are packed with fibers. They are packed with calories, but you will feel full for a long time before you are hungry again, and that helps. A glass of water along with the nuts will prolong the digestion and keep your hunger pangs away for more hours.
If you are planning to lose some weight, eating these types of foods will definitely help you.