What scares you about old age the most? For most of us, it is the fact that we would lose our vitality and speed. Such pain and disability are caused due to progressive joint conditions which are categorized as arthritis. Arthritis it is a painful degenerative disorder of the joints, in which the joints become inflamed and cause a lot of pain. If you have arthritis, you know that it can have a debilitating effect on you, and may even restrict your movement to a large extent. Fortunately, the age old science of Ayurveda has some treatment options which offer relief for arthritis.
How Does Ayurveda Approach Arthritis?
Ayurvedic treatment for arthritis is based on the understanding of the various doshas or humors of the body. According to Ayurveda, there are four main humors in the body and it is these that govern our health, wellness and our proneness to disease. Arthritis, as per Ayurveda, is a condition caused due to the aggravation of vata dosha (air). The body produces ama – a toxin that is released as a byproduct of improper digestion. When ama is produced, it circulates in the body and gets deposited at sites that have already weakened. So when the vata is already stirring up, ama finds the perfect place to build up. That is why you experience arthritis in fingers or knees. For most people, arthritis in the knee is more painful than in the fingers because knees are load bearing joints. If you have arthritis in your knees, you will have trouble moving and the range of motion in your joints will be severely restricted. You may have to depend on people or walking aids to make even the smallest of movements.
Though modern medicine has advanced a lot, it cannot completely cure arthritis. For those who are looking for long-term rehabilitation, surgery is often the only resort. As compared to that, Ayurveda offers natural remedies that are non-invasive and effective without any side effects. These remedies treat the underlying cause of the condition and lubricate joints to improve range of motion.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Arthritis
Since arthritis is caused due to vata aggravation, the main aim of Ayurvedic treatment for arthritis is to balance and stabilize vata in the body. This can be done by strengthening the alimentary canal and the metabolic pathway. This ensures that the circulatory channels not blocked by impurities and are open and performing well, and that nourishment is delivered to joints. To achieve this, you may have to drink lots of water and detoxify your body periodically. You may also try various Ayurvedic home remedies which are designed specifically to treat arthritis, improving your range of motion and giving you increased mobility.
An Ayurvedic diet can help strengthen the digestive system, preventing the formulation of ama. The nutritional plasma that is thus created, is pure and can be assimilated into the body completely and easily. A healthy, balanced diet can also improve lubrication of joints, effectively preventing arthritis or degeneration of the joints. These Ayurvedic remedies promote natural healing for arthritis, decreasing the rate of progression of degeneration of your joints and promoting their health.
Tips for Ayurvedic Treatment of Arthritis
Ayurveda is just the right thing for you if you are looking for home remedies for arthritis. Ayurveda allows you to use several ingredients from your home for treatment of this condition.
- Begin your day by drinking a large glass of lukewarm water with lemon juice in it.
- Fenugreek is an excellent natural inhibitor of ama and corrector of the vata dosha. It is a natural remedy for arthritis. Use fenugreek seeds in your food. They are slightly bitter in taste, so use them sparingly. Another great way to use Fenugreek seeds is by grinding them and mixing them with mustard oil. Apply this paste on your joints – both on your knees and hands. This will bring warmth and comfort to your joints.
- A hot oil massage of your joints can be really helpful, especially in the winter months. Castor oil and sesame seed oil, both are great for a hot massage of your joints. If your joints are very painful, massage them lightly. Therapists discourage the use of pressure in joint massages in any Ayurvedic treatment for arthritis.
- Meditate for bringing down your stress levels and dealing with anxiety. Stress and anxiety are a major reason for the development of ama in your body. The more relaxed you are, the more efficient your body will be. Yoga has many breathing exercises which initiate you into meditation. When you have control over your breath, meditation comes more easily to you.
- Go to bed on time and wake up early in the morning. Disrupting the natural sleep cycle can aggravate all the doshas in the body and can also result in worry, stress, anxiety and fear. Taking control of your life and your daily schedule will not only help you get rid of arthritis, but also many other ailments that may have been plaguing you. A healthy, natural sleep cycle also prevents obesity, further improving the health of your load bearing joints.
Ayurveda is a completely natural science, with no known side-effects. It has been extensively studied for its miraculous results and its many successful treatments. While these general tips on Ayurvedic treatment for arthritis can be helpful, often patients need more personalized treatment plans. Ayurvedic expert offers you treatment packages designed with great care. We select only the most quality ingredients and convert them into final products after passing them through three stages of rigorous testing. Each of the medicinal ingredients used in our packages has been selected carefully after a lot of researching, experimenting and testing. If you need a little more personalized attention, you can contact our Ayurvedic practitioner who can create specific treatment plans that are tailor-made for you.
Dengue fever is a mosquito-borne tropical disease caused by the dengue virus.
Suffering from low platelet count is one among the prominent health problems a dengue patient suffers from. When the platelet count is below 150, 000 per microlitre, it is estimated to be under the normal average number needed. There are no medical therapies that can help to increase platelet count, but only a few proven home remedies like herbs that can help increase the platelet count in the body.
Here are certain effective herbs that can help increase platelet count in dengue patients.
1. Papaya leaves - consuming raw papaya leaves help to increase platelet count in dengue patients. You should crush some papaya leaves and make a glass of juice from it. Drink 3-4 spoons in every 6 hours.
2. Wheat grass -is known for increasing platelet count in the human body. In order to increase platelets, you need to drink 1/2 a glass of wheat grass juice with lemon juice in it.
3. Spinach packed with a high amount of vitamin k, spinach is remarkably useful to treat low platelets in a person. Consuming spinach aids to inhibit blood clotting in the body and also enhances the platelets count. You need to boil some spinach leaves in water and allow it to cool for some time. Then, add a glass of tomato juice and drink this twice a day.
4. Amla (indian gooseberry) - consuming 2-3 amlas every day in the morning on an empty stomach can help to improve the count of platelets in the body. Apart from boosting the amount of platelets in the body, amla also helps to boost your immune system.
5. Guduchi also known as giloy- is known for increasing the amount of platelets in the body. You should make a glass of juice of giloy and drink 2-3 spoons of it in every hour.
6. Tulsi - apart from boosting blood platelet count in a person, this sacred herb also helps in diminishing the stress level and in boosting the immunity of a person. You should chew some fresh leaves of tulsi after an equal interval of time.
7. Aloe vera- it can help to boost the production of platelets in the body. It not only aids to filter the human blood, but it also helps to prevent any blood-related infections. Drinking aloe vera juice is an excellent remedy to increase platelet count in the body.