Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Surat and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Management of Surrogacy
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Health Screening For Women
The food you eat plays an important role in your gastrointestinal health. Some foods can be difficult to digest and lead to bloating (learn more about Foods That Bloat Your Belly) and heartburn while others increase the healthy bacteria in your gut and make digestion easier.
Here are ten things you should include in your diet for a healthy digestive system:
- Bananas: Bananas help regulate bowel movements and help bind food waste together thus helping with irritable bowel syndrome and diarrhea. They also help restore the electrolyte and potassium balance in the stomach.
- Oats: Oats are rich in fiber and low in calories. It is also a rich source of phosphorus, vitamin E and Zinc. Oats helps with the proper functioning of the digestive system and the extraction of waste.
- Curd: Curd rice is the most well known home remedy for an upset stomach. Curd is a rich source of probiotics that helps restore the balance of healthy gut bacteria and eases digestion.
- Coconut oil: Coconut oil is an excellent substitute for normal cooking oil or butter. Coconut oil has antimicrobial properties and fatty acids that ease the digestive system and boost immunity and energy levels.
- Lentils: Lentils are rich in prebiotics and fiber. These prebiotics promote the growth of healthy gut bacteria and prevent harmful bacteria from causing stomach infections.
- Ginger: Herbs and spices are very helpful with digestion. Amongst these, ginger is foremost. It can be used to treat a number of stomach infections such as bloating, nausea and diarrhea. Ginger also helps speed up the movement of food from the stomach to the intestines.
- Vegetables: Vegetables are rich in fiber and probiotics. While beetroots help relieve constipation, sweet potatoes help treat ulcers and bowel problems. Other vegetables that aid digestion include cucumbers, tomatoes and carrots.
- Brown rice: A certain amount of carbohydrates are essential for a well balanced diet. Brown rice has a high calorific value but is less fattening. Brown rice helps food move smoothly through the digestive system and hence promotes regularity.
- Peppermint: Peppermint helps ease indigestion and symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome. Peppermint can be had on its own as a flavoring agent in salads and on fruits or taken as a supplement.
- Water: Water is crucial to healthy digestion. It helps smooth the movement of food through the digestive system and out of the bowels. Inadequate water is one of the most common causes of constipation. Ideally, you should have a minimum of 8 to 10 glasses of water a day.
Is Daily masturbation during winter is helpful to reduce night fall? What should I do to make my semen thicker i.e sperm?
Hello doctor, am having cough and cold for many days, my cough is severe at night time because of this am not able to sleep peacefully. What should I do for this.?
Hi, I am 24 years old. I have acute pain in my ankle. I used to apply iodex bam on my ankle. Please advise.
I want suffering with chest pain for last 2 months and my cholesterol level is also high, I want to lose my weight also and my age is just 29.
Sir I am 33 year old I have pain in stomach last 5 days, waiting and loss motion those days, in 2010 I had taken endoscopy for ulcer, that time doctors told me that one or 2 ulcer in small intestine, no issue taking food on time, avoid spicy. Doctor advised me.
I am 24 years old I am preparing for civil so I hv to study lot. I am suffering from headache very intolerable type sometime I feel it is because of vision and study or tension what so ever the reason I feel headache at the end of the day I can feel headache in patches when I move my head I feel strong stocks of it.
I am unable to eat anything since yesterday whatever I am eating isn't staying inside and I am going on puking please do suggest something.
Hello Dr. Applying olive oil or any other oil on penis during intercourse will effect the sperm. If yes then please recommend any good lubricant which is not harmful as we are planning for baby. Thanks in advance.
I am suffering from cough and cold since 2 weeks and it has not been recovered inspire of taking lots of medicine.
I'm having nightfall from last 4 days continuously, I masturbated one day ago still I had nightfall today. Why this happens frequently for 4-5days. Before this I had nightfall on 26february. I'm worried about this because if this happens once a week then its okay, but it happens 4-5. Times a week. Help me out. Thanks in advance.
Is married with one child suffering partially ed problem since last one year. Bp sugar normal. No other problem Weight 80 kg ht 5.6 feet. Need ayurvedic medication. How to cure.
Soak 10 to 15 dry grapes or raisens in a glass of water drink its water early morning empty stomach.