Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best General Surgeons online in Surat. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anup Patki
Treatment of Stomach Pain
Treatment of Constipation
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Treatment of Swelling
Treatment of Hemorrhoids
Treatment of Kidney Stones
Treatment of Cancer
Treatment of Jaundice
Treatment of Colic
Treatment of Black eye
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Hernia
Treatment of Blood in Urine
Treatment of Hydrocele
Treatment of Blood in Stools
Treatment of Gynecomastia
Treatment of Frequent Urination Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Anup PatkiYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dr. Anup Patki is best Doctor I met regarding my problem. He treated me very politely and even suggested me medicine and surgery keeping my job in Mind. I recommend my friends relative and colleague to visit and consult with Dr. Anup if any one facing problem
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Anup Patki to be knowledgeable. Thnq sir..
Dr. Anup Patki provides answers that are very helpful. Thank u doctor
Dr. Anup Patki provides answers that are very helpful. Thank you sir
Recent research shows growing evidence of Positive effects of Bariatric Surgery for treatment of Obesity. The overall effect does depend on amount of excess weight loss and type of surgery. Commonly performed weight loss surgery are Sleeve Gastrectomy and Roux en Y Gastric Bypass.
Along with weight loss following are some of the additional positive effects after Bariatric surgery
- Reduce blood sugar and better control of type 2 Diabetis mellitus
- All recent evidence and research articles show better control of blood sugar after bariatric surgery compared to Diet / Medication / Excersise alone or in combination
- There is evidence to show to reduce need for Oral Hypoglycemic drug / insuline use for control of blood sugar after bariatric surgery
- Surgery lowers blood sugar levels considerably. Research shows people with recently diagnosed diabetes in their 30s or 40s made huge improvements after having undergone a Bariatric surgery. Their blood sugar levels dropped by a noticeable percentage and they felt healthier. Reduced blood sugar is an almost immediate effect in some while for others it does take some time.
- The impressive benefits of this operation for a Type 2 diabetes patient are not superficial or temporary. If the patient adheres to the lifestyle prescribed by a doctor, takes medication regularly and follows the basics of post- operative care he or she is likely to remain beyond the ambit of this metabolic disorder
- Reduce Blood Pressure
- Evidence and research articles along with results from randomized control trials show Decrease in need for medication for Hypertension in patient who were previously hypertensive and undergone bariatric surgery as compared to control group who were managed with diet / exercise /medication
- Bariatric surgery can eliminate the need for medication or it can reduce the dosage of medicines you take for hypertension
- Prevent Heart Disease
- According to Paper published in American Heart Association Journal in April 2018 , Bariatric surgery was associated with approximately one half the incidence of heart failure compared with intensive lifestyle modification in this study of two large nationwide registries. It was also observed that a graded association between increasing weight loss and decreasing risk of heart failure is present
- Reduce Sleep Apnea
- There is improvemnet and reduced incidence of sleep apnea in patients undergoing bariatric surgery along with weight loss
- Lower Cholesterol
- Bariatric surgery exercises a control over cholesterol, blood pressure and triglyceride levels . Patient with previously diagnosed hyper triglyceride and high cholesterol level show marked improvement in blood cholesterol and triglyceride level after bariatric surgery. The effect is most pronounced at 3-6months period when there is more weight loss.
In case you have a concern or query you can always come over for a consultation & get answers to your questions!
My wife has been diagnosed for gall stone. What precautions does she have to take and should we go for surgery or there are any other methods to successfully remove it? What foods are better to avoid the pain?
10 things to know before piles surgery
The advice below is offered to help you think ahead about what you will need before, during and after your procedure
- Do you have bleeding while passing stool ?
- Do you have pain while passing stool ?
- Most of patient will not have pain.
- If you have pain there may be underlying fissure which needs to be treated as well
- Do you have constipation ?
- Constipation is one of precipitating factors to develop piles
- Do all piles need treatment ?
- No. Grade 1 , asymtopatic piles can be managed with medical treatment
- Grade 2 / 3 / 4 piles need surgical treatment
- What happens if piles remains untreated ?
- Medical treatment of piles ?
- Only indicated for grade 1 , asymptomatic patient
- Surgical treatment of piles ?
- Stappler v/s laser v/s open surgery ?
- Open surgery : Less costly but takes longer time to recover and return to work
- MIPH / Stappler: Costly but faster recovery and early return to work
- Laser : Only indicated in selected patients
- Recovery after surgery ?
- Depends on type of surgery
- For open surgery minimum 15 days
- For miph surgery only 2-4 days
- Preventive care ?
- Prevent straining while defecation
- Consult doctor at early symptoms