Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gastroenterologists online in Srinagar. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
I have pain in left upper arm below the shoulder level for the past 6 months. Sometimes getting burning sensation left shoulder. Not diabetic. No bp. Suffering from gas problem. Belching and wind passing.Please tell.
I had unprotected sex post my lmp. What is the earliest I can take a hpt. What are the chances I can get pregnant. I have one baby and last month did a sonography and all my reports were normal. I fee bloated and slight cramps at nights.
I am 39 years married working woman, I have suffering sometime headache, stomach pain, gastric problem, head drilling,
How and why are gallstones formed?
The bile in your body contains enough chemicals to dissolve cholesterol excreted by your liver. In case your liver starts excreting more cholesterol than your bile has the capability to dissolve, the excess cholesterol crystallizes and forms stones. Bile may become concentrated if the gallbladder doesn't empty in the time leading to the formation of gallstones. A number of factors can increase the risks of formation of gallstones like:
- high cholesterol
- being obese/overweight
- being an American Indian or Mexican American
- being female
- falling in the age group of 60 or above
- a family history of gallstones
- rapid weight loss
- consumption of cholesterol-lowering medications
- When should you consider undergoing surgery?
In some cases gallstones that are detected during ct scan or ultrasound (without any symptoms) don't require surgery. If you do not feel aggravating pain in your upper right abdomen or other signs and symptoms, then one can postpone the surgical process according to the need. In few instances, it has been seen that small and solitary gallstones can be dissolved with oral medication like ursodiol and chenodiol. However, you need to opt for surgery to remove the gallbladder necessarily in the following cases-
- sudden inflammation or infection in the gallbladder
- if you experience recurring instances of intense pain due to the gallstones
- certain growths known as polyps develop in your gallbladder which is larger than 1 cm in size and begin to give rise to numerous symptoms.
- if you have pancreatitis, which is a condition involving inflammation of pancreas due to gallstones
- if the wall of your gallbladder gets calcified
- your immune system is damaged
- you are experiencing symptoms and your gallbladder has ceased to function
I have been facing acidity problem for many years. I want to know which food make acid in my stomach.Please tell.
I am 41 years old man, I am facing with frequently release of Gas, to over come from this, I am using pantoprazole -40Mg (PAN-D), but it not giving much result, Please advice.
Dear sir or madam I am 26 year old male. I am suffering from. Anal problem. 2 months back the blood falling from anus while going motion. And I took treatment for that now days it is cleared no blood falling. My question is, in my anal some pain is there while sat on chairs. And also swelling is there while I was in motion. I consult a doctor a week a back, a doctor told some problem is there like fissure. What treatment should I take?. Which types of food should I take? What about non veg. Please give me answer. How avoid these type of disease by foods. Thanks by Sukesh.
I experience indigestion immediately after my meal. This is happening since 6 months. Please suggest.
Sir my problem is my digestion is not well heavy food not digest and my skin is very sensitive I sun light.
Hello doctor, I'm 25 years old. I have pain for my stomach at left side. Its so painful. That problem occur for 3 days. Yesterday I consulted one general doctor. Its said take one ultrascan will tell the problem. So I take the scan. Next see the scan report he said your stomach inside affected in intestine ulcer. So only keep in liquid foods and juice. But I'm not satisfied so I consult intestine specialist. That doctor see my report and stomach and told 3 days stomach ache not a ulcer so I think motion problem. I need only liquid food same to ask. But my left side abdomen pain is same. But little bit decrease. Pain is not fully clear so please help me doctors.
Hello Doctor. I've frequent stomach problems, I feel unusual cramps. I feel the heat down my tummy. I was admitted recently as I was diagnosed with Diarrhea. This being one of the symptom of cancer has moved me.
Mere pet me burn sensation hoti h but na mje khati Dakar ati or na mje kuchh khane me problem hui or na mje kuchh or prblen hui like dark stools or blood in vomet or bloody lose motion yah sab kuchh nai huA.
Am able to feel some kind of skin formed near the anus. Is it symbolisation for piles. But am not suffering from any pain, blood motions or other symptoms of piles. Can you please suggest me what is that and the further process.
I am a 20 year old student. My digestive system is not working well, what should I do? Please suggest.
I have been suffering abdominal bloating for a few years now. And I believe I am also suffering from eating disorder. What should I do?
I am 21 years old. I have noticed thread worms released during mensuration. What might be the causes how does it have impact and precautions to overcome the problem? Even I have pain in the lower abdomen.
I am a 21 year old girl. My right side of the body is making me very uncomfortable. I am feeling indigestion in the right sight of my stomach, I am feeling cold in the right side of my head, my stomach is swollen, it feels that there is an undigested piece of food in the right side of my neck, pressing the right eye is painful, m really not feeling well and getting frustrated. I am feeling cold in my right nose. Resulting pimples have appeared in the right side of my cheeks. Please help me soon.
Tummy tuck also known as an abdominoplasty, a tummy tuck surgery is a form of cosmetic surgery, which is used to remove excess fat and skin from the abdomen as well as tighten the muscles in your abdominal regions. Similar to 'mommy makeovers' (a procedure applicable after pregnancy, which helps women restore their figure).
Tummy tuck surgery is used to help patients treat that loose and sagging skin who have experienced excessive weight loss within a relatively short period of time. Although, it is usually done for cosmetic reasons, it does provide a large number of medical benefits, such as:
1. Reduction in stress urinary incontinence: Stress Urinary incontinence is a bladder control problem that is characterized by involuntary urination because of exercises or normal bodily functions such as sneezing or coughing which might put pressure on the bladder. In some women, (SUI) can develop after a vaginal birth. The condition does not generally require a surgery. However, research has shown that in severe cases, abdominoplasty is helpful in patients who do not have a caesarean section. A slight bladder obstruction is made during the procedure using soft tissue which reduces the incontinence.
2. Better posture and improved abdominal tone: Strong muscles tend to become weak after multiple pregnancies and extreme weight loss. In these cases, diet and exercise are not enough. Abdominoplasty surgically removes excess fat and skin thereby, tightening weak muscles and flattening the abdomen. It is noticed that after the surgery, the patients develop an improved posture due to the tightened muscles supporting the spine. This helps in relieving a variety of back pains.
3. Correction of ventral hernia: Ventral Hernia is the bulging out of tissues through a defect, opening or past incisions within the wall muscles of the abdomen. In such a case, the surgeon may opt for Abdominoplasty to support the abdominal wall and prevent recurrences. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic-plastic-surgeon and ask a free question.