Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Sexologists in India. You will find Sexologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Sexologists online in Srinagar. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Submit a review for Dr. Mohasin BhatYour feedback matters!
I am 61 years old have erectile dysfunction problem. I am taking medicine for BP for last so many years but have normal BP after medications. Can not perform sex. Please suggest.
I had sex with 2 girl without protection yesterday I had sex with my wife i am very scared can I diagnose with hiv or hiv western bolt what is that western bolt? How hiv occur how its effect on body? Shall I now sex with my wife in future?
Hi! My wife is not able to enjoy sex even after a year of childbirth. She is not getting the feeling properly. Age 25, weight 65. No drug addiction. Please advise if it can be cured without medicines.
How to treat vaginal dryness?
Production of estrogen slows down and eventually stops during menopause. Quite a few changes take place when this happens. Often these changes are unwelcome. Irregular menstruation happens and finally stops. Mood swings, hot flashes, increased facial hair and deepening of the voice may happen as well. Another common menopause symptom is vaginal dryness, as it affects one third of all women. Any age group can experience vaginal dryness due to various factors. It may initially appear to be just an irritation, but reduced vaginal moisture may adversely affect sexual performance. Thankfully, multiple treatment options are available for relieving vaginal dryness.
Vaginal dryness caused by reduced estrogen levels can be easily treated by applying topical estrogen. It compensates for the body’s reduced estrogen production Three common vaginal estrogen types used by most women are:
- Estrogen tablet: Disposable applicators can be used for inserting a tablet inside the vagina, once daily during the initial two weeks or so of treatment. The dosage is reduced to twice weekly till it is no longer needed.
- Estrogen Cream: An applicator can be used to apply the cream inside the vagina. Usually the cream is used daily for up to two weeks and then the frequency is reduced to thrice weekly or as recommended by the doctor.
- Estrogen Ring: It can be inserted by your doctor or you in the vagina. It is a flexible and soft ring that steadily releases an estrogen stream directly into the vaginal tissues. The ring has to be discarded and replaced with a new one after three months.
To keep the lubrication in the vagina constant, one can use vaginal moisturizers. These can be bought from a supermarket or at a drugstore, however, bubble baths, douches, lotions and scented soaps should be avoided. Such products may increase vaginal dryness.
However, topical estrogen should be avoided by women:
1. Who have been diagnosed with breast cancer, more so when they are using aromatase inhibitors
2. Who have had/have endometrial cancer
3. Who suffer from vaginal bleeding, the cause of which cannot be identified
4. Who are breastfeeding or are pregnant
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
My brother is 12 years old. Suddenly today he finds his. Penis. Bigger than its normal size. Lyk an insect has bitten. What is the possibility that his penis is grown big? Is it risky?
With the fast changing scenario and advancement of research, the definition of ailments are also becoming precise. Earlier, one term 'Impotency' was used in wider sense to define all sexology related problems, such as erectile dysfunction, low libido, low sperm count, infertility, and the inability to produce a child in both males and females. However today, with the advancement of research each problem has its own definition. Impotency is the condition where you suffer from a sexual dysfunction. It can cause stress and might undermine your confidence when you and your partner have a sexual encounter. It might also cause uneasiness between the two of you or embarrassment for having a dysfunction. In men, impotency is mostly in the form of erectile dysfunction whereas in women it is the inability to get pregnant. It may be due to a physical condition or an emotional trauma that you might be facing.
Here are the two broad divisions of the causes of impotency:
- Psychological Causes: Depression, anxiety or stress might be the major psychological causes for impotency. Also various mental disorders might take a toll on potency and your sexual libido. A sexual dysfunction might just start very suddenly after suffering from any psychological trauma. A very common psychological problem which men face at least once in their lifetime is a condition called performance anxiety. You become extremely conscious about whether you will be able perform well as the society expects men to take an upper hand while having sex. This burdens you and you get anxious about your performance in bed, causing you to suffer from a dysfunction. In cases of a marital dispute or lack of communication with your partner might also be a reason of an occasional dysfunction.
- Physical Causes in women: The physical causes may or may not be curable naturally. Sometimes surgeries are required to cure these causes. Some medicines have certain side effects which can cause a dysfunction to form. Often times not enough blood flows to the reproductive organs which results in impotency. Certain nervous and hormonal disorders also affect your potency. Disorders like Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, blocked fallopian tubes, hormonal imbalances causing irregular periods, or improper egg implantation can cause impotency. In these cases it is extremely difficult for the women to become pregnant, i.e., you will not be able to conceive.
- Physical Causes in men: Having a low sperm count is the most common factor which results in impotency. Hormonal disorder like hypogonadism which results in a low sperm count is also a contributing factor. If you have a blockage in the testicles, it will again affect the sperm count negatively. Improper ejaculation is another common cause of impotency.
Although impotency may be extremely disheartening, you can be treated for it and have your own family eventually.