Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Neurosurgeons online in south delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Hepatitis B Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Hepatitis C Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Faisal AliYour feedback matters!
My son after epilepsy got over, now facing(past 5 yrs) Hearing hallucination.He is 31 yrs.& taking Halo Piridol 1.5 mg 0-0-2, Clozopine 100 mg 0-0-1, Dichorate 250 mg 0-0-1, Mirt 15 mg 0-0-1,D-vinit 0-0-1, Topirol 50 mg 0-0-1, THL(pacitane) 0-0-1, Hearing is not violent now; but occasionally he gets suicide tendency. Is there any way out. For this ?
Is it good to drink water melon juice and musk melon shake in a day? Does water melon juice boost sexual health?
My father have Paralysis in full Right side of the body after the brain struck from last 1 month 20 days. Now he hace slurred speech and short time memory loss. Physiotherapy is going daily. Please suggest How we can treat for paralysis.
She is suffering from migraine headache since 5 months please suggest which treatment should I prefer. Is it ayurvedic or allopathy or homeopathy for quick relief.
Met with a two wheeler road accident about a year back, had severe head injury,went under surgery and under medication(Keppra 750 mg) for the past one year and not to stop for another two years, advised not to drive any vehicle and not to travel, restricted movements affects regular routine life and earnings, making me to go under depression and questioning why should I am alive and why I got rescued
What are main symptoms for Parkinson's decease, will it be totally cure able one, how will it take to complete cure.
I am 22 years old. I am suffering from fits. It came 5 times till now. Last 3 years before it didn't came. Last 3 days back it was attacked. It first attacked on 2009. Up to now I used eptoin 100mg tablets (two tablets per day. Please give permeanent recover solution.
I am diagnosed with Epilepsy and its been 3 years that I am on medication. I am taking Epilex Chrono (600 mg) in morning and same at night with 100 mg of Lamictal. Though my EEG report is normal now so just wanted to know how long treatment will take and I have to take medicines.
What is the symptoms of brain tumor. I have headache twice in a weak and when I join gym them the problem of headache is gone please tell me what am l do.
I have migraine what should do for its permanent solution pls tell me during headache I feel vomiting and acidity too.
My father, age 58 has got brain Hemorrhage before 8 days. He was immediately hospitalized and till today after 8 days he is in CCU. He has some body movement but he is in unconscious state. He can't open her eyes, can't talk. And does not have any mouth moment. He can breath naturally with out external oxygen and has every part of body below neck is fine except right hand. He never required ventilator. My query is, is he out of danger zone. And how much time will he take to open his eyes and come out of unconscious state. Is it normal conditions for such patients. Attached ate reports of my father. Please reply me as soon as possible. More details about the presenting complaint: Cause of brain hemorrhage is high blood pressure Previous history of the same issue: Had heart attack in 2007 Current medications: Diabetic, constipation, high bp, also has continuously whistling problem in both ears since last 20 years Height, Weight, BMI Height (cm)BMIWeight (Kg) 160.0033.2085.00.
I feel so week inside that I don't feel like talking walking and even eating. Leg cramps all time my legs sleep with me ie numbness .what could be the reason.
Sir I am unable to behave as I want to behave with other. I want to change my behavior but I can't do it. And then I feel more nervous to see others reaction. It affects my relationship with other and also my carrier. Help me.
Although surgery is considered to be the first step of treatment in any form of tumor but its feasibility depends upon the type, size and location of the tumor. It is not necessary that every kind of brain tumor might require surgery.
Indications of Brain Tumor Surgery
- Diagnosis of the type of tumor by taking a sample of the tumor for laboratory examination
- Complete resection of tumor
- Removal of the tumor as much as possible to slow down its growth and improve the symptoms.
- Remove the tumor in order to help other treatment
- Provide direct access for other forms of treatment like chemotherapy, radiotherapy etc.
- To relieve pressure caused by tumor on surrounding structures
Types of Brain Tumor Surgery
The different types of surgery that are performed in cases of brain tumor include the following:
1. Craniotomy: Craniotomy is the most commonly performed procedure to remove brain tumor along with a piece of bone. The removed bone is replaced and the tumor is sent for histopathology (biopsy). The surgery is performed using a high end microscope by any of the following techniques:
- Extended bifrontal craniotomy
- "Eyebrow" craniotomy (supra-orbital craniotomy)
- "Keyhole" craniotomy (retro-sigmoid craniotomy)
- Orbitozygomatic craniotomy
- Translabyrinthine craniotomy
2. Shunt: A narrow piece of flexible tube with a pressure regulated valve in between is called a shunt. This is used to relieve the intracranial pressure caused by obstruction of the natural brain fluid (CSF) pathway by tumor mass. The procedure involves insertion of a drainage system into the brain to remove or drain excess of blocked fluid into the peritoneal cavity.
3. Stereotactic surgery: This surgery is done by creating a three-dimensional image called stereotaxy using computers. It aims to find out the location and position of the tumor. In fact it can also be done to aid tumor removal, implant radiation pellets or for other treatments.
4. Embolization: It is a procedure used to reduce the amount of blood supply to a tumor by blocking the blood flow in the selected arteries. It is generally performed before the main surgery.
Endoscopy and endoscope assisted surgery: Endoscope is the tool which helps to closely visualize the tissue through small openings in difficult to reach areas. This tool can be used in various brain surgeries to precisely reach the target location without damaging the adjacent structures.
Adjuvant modalities to improve outcome: In addition to above mentioned surgeries, following surgeries may also be performed in relation to brain tumor treatment:
- Laser surgery
- Photodynamic laser surgery
- Ultrasonic aspiration
- Fluorescent-guided surgery
- Electrophysiological monitoring. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.