Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Endocrinologists online in karaikudi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. Arunkumar (Diploma In Diabetology)Your feedback matters!
The popular spice may help prevent and combat diabetes by acting as an insulin substitute for people with type 2 diabetes. Cinnamon itself has insulin-like activity and also can potentiate the activity of insulin. Cinnamon has a bio-active component that we believe has the potential to prevent or overcome diabetes.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones."
How to control on diabetes can I eat sweat one time in once in day please tell me about how I can control eating sweat have you ever tried this.
My girlfriend of 18 have thyroid and she become very depressed .what can I do to make her feel happy. Her height 5.1 feet 55 kg weight her body starts swelling like she gain much fat. Please help me.
My mother aged 45 just couple of days back fell sick n sugar rose to 270 and after the tests the results showed that she has got diabetes. Ever since the news she has been feeling stressed and tensed about her health and so am I worried. What should be done since its the initial stage can something be done to prevent it from increasing. What measures must be taken to prevent it from spreading. Request you all for a proper guidance.
I am 60 years old woman, my sugar test results are: fasting- 340 mg/dl, sugar PP- 510mg/dl. How serious is it? Shall I take insulin?
After intercourse with my wife, skin at the edge of my penis, getting cracks and atleast for one week i am suffering with wound of cracks. I am diabetic for the past 14 years and taking 105 units of INSUGEN R and Lantus 44 units per day. My blood sugar levels at fasting is 204mg/dl.
I am suffering from back pain, from shoulder to waist having uric acid level as 6.2. I am 48 years old and also suffering from frozen shoulder in my left pain. What should I do now?
Good been ng am vinod my question was is at an early age I was suffering from diabetes could you suggest me precautions and necessary steps to overcome it.
What are the precautions and medicines for the person having uric acid problem as well as asthma and blood pressure problems?
Is IME 9 is really controlling sugar levels. My grandma having sugar from past 10 years and now she is using insulin, can she take that medicine will there any problem or not? Is it really works .can she stop insulin and use that product. Please tell me if there any problem.
Simple sugar is also known as monosaccharide, is the basic unit of carbohydrates. The simplest forms of sugar are usually colourless and crystalline and exist in forms of glucose, fructose and galactose. Simple sugar is deemed to be a major concern according to all health nutritionists.
Here are five reasons why you should avoid them:
- Sugar is the biggest cause of obesity: Sugar present in all kinds of junk food is considered to be the biggest cause of obesity as fructose easily converts into fat inside your body. Consuming too much sugar can put too much pressure on your liver as it is responsible for converting fructose into fat. Large amounts of sugar are directly converted into fat, thus, putting you at a very high risk of becoming obese.
- Increases risks of contracting heart diseases: Consuming too much sugar throughout the day causes a hike in your insulin levels which can further affect your nervous system. An excess of sugar in your blood stream also causes your blood pressure to rise which makes you more likely to get a heart stroke. Thus, to avoid cardiac problems at a young age, you must cut down your sugar intake.
- Weakens immune system: Sugar is a major reason for inflammation which affects the central immune system adversely. With an excess intake of sugar, the body becomes less effective in dealing with infection and common cold because phagocytes (white blood cells) cannot do their job properly of engulfing dangerous bacteria. Thus, you should aim at boosting your immune system by cutting down on sugar completely.
- Sugar can make you age faster: The sugar content in your body creates molecules known as AGEs (Advanced glycation end products) which attack the fibres in elastin and collagen (the building blocks of the cells on your skin). A study also proved that consuming too much sugar can result in acne as the collagen in your skin weakens. Thus, to maintain youthful looking skin for longer, you should remove sugar from your diet completely.
- Sugar can be addictive: Most people who consume too much sugar get addicted to it. According to a study, the addiction to sugar is very similar to addiction to tobacco and drugs. You might start craving sugar and depending on it to change your mood more often than required. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.