Wilson'S Disease Treatment
Treatment Of Liver Diseases
Diabetes In Children Treatment
Treatment For Gastritis
Treatment For Abdominal Pain
Acute Pancreatitis Treatment
Diabetes has always been a mysterious home to many diseases. It reduces quality of erection. However, there are ways you can enhance your love life, by involving some strategies, such as:
- Approach sex like exercise: This helps prevent dreaded blood sugar lows.If you use insulin, check your blood sugar before sex and have a snack if it's low.
- Just go with it: Planning can be helpful, but don't sweat it if sex just happens.There's no reason not to grab the opportunity if it pops up just because you haven't followed your diabetes exercise routine.
- Use a lubricant: If you are a woman with vaginal dryness, a vaginal lubricant can make sex feel better. Ask your doctor about using one regularly, not just during sex.
- Prepare a sex arsenal kit: Keep anything you might need for optimal sex next to the bed.If you're a woman, you may want to have a lubricant in your kit. Feel free to include massage oils.
- Get a room: Treat yourself and your partner to a night at a local hotel.It's a great libido enhancer.Plan it days in advance.It's planning, but it's planning something fun.
- Get in some practice: If you are a man who uses a device like a vacuum pump or constriction band to help with erectile dysfunction, take time to learn how to use it right.
- Creativity is sexy: If you have trouble getting aroused, stretch beyond your go-to bedroom moves. Try out new positions. Explore different ways to climax. Most women don't climax from intercourse alone, anyway. Some men can have an orgasm from prostate stimulation.
- Limit alcohol: A little alcohol may boost your desire, but drinking can also make your blood sugar level drop quickly. If you drink alcohol, you might sip some champagne during intimacy.
- Get help for emotional issues: Depression, anxiety, poor self-image, and other emotional concerns can hurt your sex life. And if you have a partner, sex troubles can put stress on your relationship.
- Relax: How you feel about your diabetes can set the stage for sex. With diabetes, you have to expect the unexpected.
You can think of a formula in your mind for better,increased, steamier sex life.
Since time immemorial, Ayurveda has been used for treating various ailments including injuries such as wounds and cuts. Medical treatments have made immense advancement in the past few decades, but the age-old Ayurvedic treatments for wounds and cuts have still not gone out of practice.
One of the biggest benefits of Ayurvedic medication is that they don’t have any side effects. Ayurveda is the best options available when you want natural treatments of your wounds and cuts.
Let’s have a look at some of the best known Ayurvedic treatments available for you.
- Turmeric: Turmeric powder is one of the most popular herbs that are used to heal injuries. It is best known for its antiseptic characteristics. If there is an inflammation, apply turmeric paste on the affected area for steady and quick recovery. Turmeric kills the bacteria and also ensures that the wounds heal faster.
- Tea Tree Oil: This is another great option for healing wounds and preventing infections. The antifungal, antibacterial and antiseptic features of tea tree oil are well k own and they are being used in other forms of medication as well. Crush a few tea tree leaves and apply it on the cut or you can apply tea tree oil for 4-5 times a day on the wound.
- Potatoes: These common vegetables have great healing capacity. Apply a mashed skin of a potato directly on the affected area and cover it with a soft and clean cloth. Keep it overnight and clean the area with salt water next morning to disinfect. This will sting a little but will ensure quick healing while being an antiseptic.
- Aloe Vera: You should grow this plant within your house on small pots as this has many medicinal properties. One them is being an antiseptic as well as a promoter of healing. Break open a leaf and you can apply the gel within it directly on the affected area of the skin.
- Coconut oil: Apply coconut oil on the affected area and cover it up with a band-aid. Repeat the process twice or thrice a day and you would be astonished to see how quickly your bruises disappear.
At a point when downpour comes, individuals can be seen moving and celebrating from various perspectives. In any case, this is additionally a season for some diseases and health issues. Because of the sudden change in temperature, the safety of our body turns out to be low and makes us powerless to numerous diseases. Taking after proper monsoon Ayurvedic care tips can turn out to be advantageous to stay healthy.
The digestive framework gets debilitated because of dehydration in summer. This prompts low digestive force. This is further debilitated by vitiation of doshas and dhatus because of storm. Consequently taking after an eating routine that expansion force of assimilation and fortifies the digestive framework would be useful in the blustery season.
- Drink bubbled and cooled water blended with minimal nectar. Drink a lot of water and keep your body all around hydrated.
- Avoid overwhelming, hot, acidic, harsh (chutneys, pickles, yogurt, chilies, curry, and so forth) and salty sustenance as it advances water maintenance, heartburn, bloating and hyperacidity. Evade broiled nourishments, garbage sustenance and meat. Stay away from servings of mixed greens and verdant vegetables.
- Consume light and effortlessly edible sustenances, vegetable soups, steamed or boiled pumpkin, vegetables, squash, zucchini, steamed serving of mixed greens, natural products, khichree, corn, chickpea flour, moong dal and oats as well as more. Stick to nourishments arranged out of old grain, rice and wheat.
- Do not enjoy overwhelming activities like running, cycling and so on which expand Pitta (heat). Yoga, strolling, swimming, and extending are great.
- Be watchful while eating out and ensure you go to a spot which is perfect and hygienic. Totally abstain from eating nourishment which is presented to climate, similar to the ones sold by roadside merchants.
For a sportsman, coming face to face with sports injury is no big deal. But what is important is that he/she gets the correct treatment in order to recover fast and get back to the field, giving their best performance in their field of sports. With regular medical check ups, physiotherapy sessions, training sessions, exercises and gymnasium sessions, sports injuries are treated effectively. However, all variants of a treatment may not fit with all kinds of injuries. Thus, treatments are always injury-specific for a more effective progression.
Here are some of the most common sports injuries and their most effective treatments as prescribed by sports specialists.
- Ankle sprain: Ankle sprains are common among sportsmen and sportswomen when the ligaments of their ankles tear. Such injuries are very common, but also unfortunately, extremely painful and demand a lot of recovery time. With such an injury, even though they are advised bed rest, it is important to continue with some kinds of exercises. This would help in preventing the stamina and muscle strength in your ankles. It would also help you to recover fast.
- Knee injury: Another very common form of sports injury is the knee injury where one can experience excruciating pain. Although, proper rest and exercises heal most injuries in a month or two; those that are serious might even need a surgery.
- Tennis elbow: Tears in the tendons of the elbow due to its recurring use can cause tennis elbow. It has a natural healing process with just a few exercises. In fact, it is recommended you give proper rest to the elbow so that it can heal faster. Even after healing, to avoid chances of recurring tennis elbow, stress should be lowered in this part of the body.
- Hamstring Strain: Hamstring is that part of the body, which is formed by three muscles behind your thigh. Hamstring is mostly a forgotten part of the body and one hardly remembers it. But, it is very prone to sprains and injuries, if exercises involving the hamstring are not carried out properly. In fact, there are specific exercises pertaining to hamstring, which are performed to prevent it from injuries. Hamstring injuries have a very long recovery period. It might actually take up to a year for full recovery because it experiences constant pressure when you walk, letting it heal slowly. Thus, incorporating hamstring exercises in your daily routine would help in faster healing of such injuries.
These are some of the most common types of sports injuries and the methods of treating them as recommended by medical practitioners.
When a hole develops in the wall of the gallbladder, rectum, large bowel, small intestine, stomach or oesophagus, it is called gastrointestinal perforation. It is a medical emergency that needs urgent medical attention.
Symptoms of gastrointestinal perforation (GP) usually include
1. Serious stomach pain
Peritonitis (abdominal cavity lining inflammation) can also accompany the abovementioned condition. So in addition to the above symptoms, you may also experience peritonitis symptoms such as:
2. Passing less gas, urine or stools
3. Breathing difficulties
4. Fast heartbeats
Certain diseases can cause Gastro-intestinal perforation, such as:
2. Diverticulitis (A type of digestive disorder)
3. Stomach ulcer
5. Gallbladder infection
6. Inflammatory bowel diseases (inflammation in the small intestine and the colon)
7. Swollen Meckel’s diverticulum (abnormal bulging of the small intestine at birth)
8. Gastrointestinal tract cancer
Besides diseases, the following conditions can also lead to Gastro-intestinal perforation:
1. Blunt abdominal trauma
2. Gunshot or knife wound to the abdomen
3. Abdominal surgery
4. Stomach ulcers caused by excessive consumption of steroids, anti-inflammatory drugs and aspirin
5. Ingestion of caustic substances or foreign objects
Other than these, drinking alcohol, smoking and bowel injuries (caused by colonoscopy or endoscopy) can lead to GP as well.
Treatment options available
This condition is mostly treated with surgery. The goal of the surgery is to repair the anatomical problem and cause of peritonitis, along with removal of any foreign object in the abdominal socket, such as food, faeces and bile. However, if your doctor deems surgery unnecessary (in instances where the hole closes voluntarily) you will be only given antibiotics.
In some cases, a section of the intestine might need to be removed. An ileostomy or colostomy is performed where a portion of the large or small intestine is removed, which grants intestinal contents to empty or drain into a bag implanted on the wall of your abdomen.
The complications include:
2. Sepsis (Critical and fatal bacterial infection)
3. Belly ulcers
4. Wound infection
5. Bowel infarction (impaired supply of blood to the bowels)
6. Permanent colostomy or ileostomy
Syphilis is one of the most common STD and can affect both men and women. This bacterial infection can be easily treated, but if left unattended it can cause serious problems. Syphilis can be caught by mere skin to skin contact with an infected person’s genitals or mouth. Hence even if you do not have intercourse with an infected person, you can still get infected from them. If a woman who is pregnant gets infected with this disease, she could pass it on to her unborn child as well.
A person suffering from syphilis may not always exhibit symptoms of the disease. This disease goes through active as well as dormant phases with symptoms being present only in the former. Even its dormant phase, this disease can be transmitted from one person to another.
There are four stages of syphilis and each of them have their own symptoms.
- Primary stage: In its first stage, syphilis is marked by the presence of open sores called chancres. This can occur in the mouth, genitals are or around the anus. It can also be seen in other parts of the body where bacteria may have entered the body. These chancres are painless and may be accompanied by a swelling of the lymph nodes around it. This is the most contagious stage of the disease. Without treatment, these sores will resolve themselves in 3-6 weeks but the syphilis bacteria itself will remain in the body.
- Secondary stage: Anywhere between 2 weeks to 12 weeks after coming in contact with the bacteria, this infection may move into its second phase or secondary stage. At this point, you will notice a rash on your skin. This rash can be seen as a collection of small, flat or raised skin sores along with small, open sores on mucous membranes. These sores may contain pus. Dark-skinned people may notice that these sores are lighter than the surrounding skin. Along with this, the patient may also have fever, a sore throat, headaches, weakness, irritability and suffer from weight loss.
- Latent stage: Once the rash clears, this disease moves into its dormant or latent phase. This is also known as the hidden stage and can last anywhere from 1 to 20 years. It is very difficult to diagnose syphilis in this stage as there are no visible symptoms.
- Late (tertiary) stage: If the disease is not diagnosed and treated by the time it reaches this stage, it can cause a number of serious health problems. This includes blindness, cardiovascular problems, mental disorders and even death.
The concept of alternative medicine is no more a novel proposition. It is a tried and tested way of dealing with physical as well as psychological problems. The aim of “Ayurveda” is to strike a corrective balance amongst three essential kinds of energies present in the human body. Ayurveda classifies these energies as 'Vata', 'Pitta', 'Kapha”. While “Vata” deals with bodily functions related to circulation of blood or breathing, “Pitta” primarily deals with metabolism. On the other hand, Kapha is concerned with regulation of growth in the varied organs and cells of your body. Anxiety disorder is a crushing problem if left unattended; Ayurvedic care and certain significant changes in your way of life can treat the condition.
Ayurveda asks you to adhere to the following guidelines to control anxiety disorder:
- Basil has wide ranging effects on your anxiety: Add basil leaves to a bowl of water and let it boil. Once the mixture cools down, drops of this juice can be poured down your nostrils. Basil is known to have calming effects on your mind. It is often advised for its ability to fight stress piling up in a human mind with every passing day. Chewing basil leaves can render the same benefits.
- Add these substances to your bath water: Bathing leads to relaxation and plays a key role in controlling your anxiety. You could be anxious due to familial issues or work related matters; a bath at the end of the day soothes your mind helping you to think clearly. Using ginger and baking soda in your bath water can further relieve you from being unnecessarily anxious.
- Drink your orange juice with a difference now: Orange juice, when taken in combination with honey, acts on an increased heart rate. It lowers down a person’s heart rate and also treats anxiety disorder. Oranges, as you know, are rich in vitamin C and can tackle stress by decreasing the effects of cortisol. Cortisol is better known as the stress hormone. So avoid sugar and try honey instead with your daily share of orange juice.
- Add almonds and saffron to your glass of milk: The one glass of milk that you drink regularly for nutrition and calcium can be made way more nourishing by adding saffron, almonds, nutmeg powder and ginger to it. This concoction helps in curing a frazzled nervous system thus, ridding you of anxiety disorder. Milk with almonds and saffron should be spiced to maintain the myelin sheath on each nerve of your body. This fatty layer does have a very calming influence on you.
Scarlet fever is a kind of bacterial illness that commonly develops in children who are suffering from a strep throat (scratchy and sore throat caused by a bacterial infection). The bacteria streptococcus produces a poison or toxin that causes rashes, colored a bright red, all over the body. The name “scarlet fever” is derived from these red rashes. Scarlet fever is common among children aged between 5 and 15. Previously, it used to be a serious and common childhood illness, but is relatively rare today.
Factors behind it
The main cause of scarlet fever is the bacteria streptococcus, which thrive in your nasal passages and mouth. The bacterial infection is transmitted when an infected person coughs or sneezes; later the airborne droplets end up affecting a healthy person in the vicinity. Scarlet fever is extremely contagious. Coming in contact with an infected person, and drinking or eating from an infected person’s glass or plate, can spread the infection.
Signs and symptoms
The bright red rash is the most obvious sign of this disease. The other common scarlet fever symptoms include:
- Fever that measures above 101 degree Fahrenheit
- A sore, red throat with yellow and white patches
- Swollen tonsils
- Flushed face
- Vomiting and nausea
- Enlarged glands on the back of your neck
- Skin around the lips turns pale
- Strawberry tongue (a white tongue with red spots dotting its surface)
The usual treatment for scarlet fever is antibiotics. The antibiotics assist your immune system fight the infection-causing bacteria. If your child is infected, make sure he/she finishes the entire antibiotics course. This will prevent a relapse of the infection. You can also use over-the-counter medicines such as ibuprofen or aspirin to treat the fever. Medication to treat a sore throat can also be prescribed by the doctor. Other easy remedies include:
- Gargling with salted water
- Drinking lots of water to prevent dehydration
- Consuming plenty of warm soup, ice cream or popsicles
- Using an air humidifier to reduce the pain and severity of a sore throat
Scarlet fever should be treated immediately. If you leave it untreated it might cause the following complications in the long run:
- Rheumatic fever
- Kidney disease
- Ear infections
- Skin infections
- Throat infections
If you are suffering from arthritis, it is important for you to know about how it affects your knee and other joints. Arthritis is a chronic, systematic inflammatory disease which damages your joints and connective tissues. Your knee is commonly affected by arthritis and there are three primary types of arthritis that occur in the knees. They include osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and post-traumatic arthritis.
Types of arthritis
The different types of arthritis affecting the knees occur due to different reasons. Osteoarthritis is a progressive condition, which wears away the joint cartilage over time. Rheumatoid arthritis is an inflammatory condition, which may occur at any age. Post-traumatic arthritis occurs after an injury is inflicted to the knee and may occur several years after a ligament injury or knee fracture.
- Arthritis pain may occur all of a sudden, but commonly develops slowly. In the early stages, the pain is observed in the morning after you have been inactive over the night. Pain is likely when you want to move around. Pain may be experienced even when immobile.
- Periodic inflammation is a common symptom of arthritis of the knee. This happens because of the formation of bone spurs or excess fluids in your knee. The swelling gets pronounced after being inactive for a long period. The skin on your knee may look red and feel warm while you touch it. This may lead to chronic inflammation, which is very difficult to manage.
There are several ways of treating knee arthritis. The mode of treatment depends on the severity and cause of knee arthritis. NSAIDS or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are commonly prescribed for dealing with arthritis pain temporarily. Other medicines used for knee arthritis treatment are as follows:
- Analgesics, which help in pain reduction act as good alternatives to NSAIDS.
- Corticosteroids are used for reducing inflammation.
- Certain DMARDs or disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs are used.
Certain injections that are used for helping with knee arthritis. They include:
- Hyaluronic acid supplements, which ease the pain and inflammation by lubricating your knee joints.
- Corticosteroid injections also soothe inflammation and pain.
You may also require a surgery for dealing with knee arthritis when other modes of treatment fail. The most common surgeries are as follows:
- Total joint replacement, where your knee is replaced with a prosthetic made of metal, plastic or ceramic.
- Osteotomy, where the knee bones are modified for controlling pressure and damage in the knees.
- Arthroscopy, where an incision is made in the knee for removing damaged parts.
It is recommended for you to consult a doctor, if you experience any symptom of knee arthritis. Early treatment will prevent the condition from worsening.