Doctor in Dr Vijay's Skin clinic
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Treatment of Hair Fall
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Treatment of Greying Hair
Treatment Of Acne Scars
Treatment of Rashes
Treatment of Baldness
Treatment of Vitiligo
Treatment of Ichthyosis Vulgaris
Laser Hair Removal
Treatment of Open Pores
Treatment of Fungal Infection
Treatment of Psoriasis
Treatment of Skin Infections
Treatment of Blackheads
Treatment of Moles
Submit a review for Dr Vijay's Skin clinicYour feedback matters!
Sebaceous cyst - superficail skin lumps
Sebaceous cysts are noncancerous small bumps beneath the skin. They can appear anywhere on the skin, but are most common on the face, neck and trunk.
Epidermoid cysts are slow growing and often painless, so they rarely cause problems or need treatment.
True sebaceous cysts are less common. They arise from the glands that secrete oily matter that lubricates hair and skin (sebaceous glands).
Epidermoid cyst signs and symptoms include:
- A small, round bump under the skin, usually on the face, neck or trunk
- A tiny blackhead plugging the central opening of the cyst
- A thick, yellow, smelly material that sometimes drains from the cyst
- Redness, swelling and tenderness in the area, if inflamed or infected
Potential complications of epidermoid cysts include:
- Inflammation. An epidermoid cyst can become tender and swollen, even if it's not infected. An inflamed cyst is difficult to remove. Your doctor is likely to postpone removing it until the inflammation subsides.
- Rupture. A ruptured cyst often leads to a boil-like infection that requires prompt treatment.
- Infection. Cysts can become infected and painful (abscessed).
- Skin cancer. In very rare cases, epidermoid cysts can lead to skin cancer.
When to see a doctor
Most epidermoid cysts don't cause problems or need treatment. See your doctor if you have one or more that:
- Grows rapidly
- Ruptures or becomes painful or infected
- Occurs in a spot that's constantly irritated
- Bothers you for cosmetic reasons
- Is in an unusual location, such as a finger and toe
Photo and natural aging occur through many mechanisms. Skin tone, color and texture are compromised by exposure to sun and tanning beds. Time induced volume and bone loss occurs, resulting in sunken in cheeks, eyes, mouth corners, etc with sagging skin and deep wrinkles as a result. Overactive muscle activity leads to upper face wrinkles.
Natural Aging Changes
- Loss of Elasticity
- Loss of Muscle Tone
Photo Aging Changes
- Pigment changes
- Keratoses (rough growths)
- Loss of elastic fibers and collagen
- Accentuation of natural aging
- Fine wrinkles
- Skin texture change (roughness)
- Thinning skin
- Visible vessels
Consider non-invasive treatments to slow down the aging process.
You will look and feel great!
Treatment Options for Anti-Aging
- Chemical Peel
- Dermasweep Crystal Free Microdermabrasion
- Laser Skin Peels
- BBL Photo Rejuvenation
- ND:Yag Laser
- Rejuvapen Collagen Induction Therapy
- Anti-Aging Products