Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Sdf and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Splinting
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. PawanYour feedback matters!
Once I lied on bed for sleep, I feel my body and legs are paining alot, but I'm not feeling that pain when I was in work, may I know what's the reason for that, give me some suggestions.
My mother had knee joint pain from last 6 month They doing treatment of allopathy and homeopathy both. Doctors said that knee pain having because the filament is finish tell me something that is suitable for her.
I have so much of pain in my left shoulder and arm the pain is like muscle pain what is the medicine should I take.
The bones and joints orchestrate very well with each other for smooth movements of various joints and the spine. However, due to various reasons, some identified and others unknown, there could be inflammation of the areas where the bones join the muscles leading to impaired movement. The range of motion could be reduced or it could be painful, thereby, limiting movement. Spondyloarthritis includes a group of inflammatory diseases that involves the bones and joints and enthuses which are areas where the ligaments and tendons attach to the bones. This causes conditions like plantar fasciitis, ankylosing spondylitis, psoriatic arthritis and reactive arthritis. The term spondyloarthritis is a blanket term to describe any of the above-mentioned conditions.
Read on to know a little more in detail about it:
Causes: While the exact etiology is not identified for sure, most patients with spondyloarthritis have an autosomal dominant gene (HLA-B27). Chronic infections could trigger the onset of the disease too.
1. In all forms of spondyloarthritis, there is always inflammation of the spine, joints and entheses. If the fingers or toes are involved, there could be swelling leading to what are typically known as 'sausage digits'.
2. There is sacroiliitis which is inflammation of the joint between the pelvis and the spine, and spondylitis which is inflammation of the joints between the spines. 3. Family history and autosomal dominant gene.
A detailed medical history and physical examination form the cornerstone of a confirmed diagnosis. In addition, radiographic examination and diagnostic blood tests also could be done to confirm the diagnosis. Radiographs, especially, of the spine and the low back show typical changes including sacroilitis in suspected cases of spondyloarthritis. If the spine does not show these changes, but there is a high likelihood of spondyloarthritis, then MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) can be used to confirm the diagnosis.
As a final step, a blood test for the HLA-B27 gene can also be confirmatory. However, it is not true that a person with the gene will definitely develop the disease.
- The most important aspect of treatment is the use of pain medications and anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) which help manage pain and inflammation.
- Corticosteroid injections may sometimes be given directly into the joint spaces or the membranes to provide quick relief of these symptoms.
- ESWT / RSWT has a definite role to cure enthesopathy. Plantar fasciitis, and achillodynia can be cured with ESWT. Even small joints of hand and feet are amenable to treatment with RSWT. It is nonoperative and noninvasive treatment and has no side effects.
- Very rarely, stronger drugs such as methotrexate or sulfasalazine may be used.
- Another set of drugs known as TNF-blockers (tumor necrotizing factor blockers) are also shown to be highly effective in controlling the pain of the spine and joints.
- In very severe cases, surgery may be required to correct joint damages or correct severe degenerative changes.
- Exercise plays a very vital role in controlling the issue and improving range of motion. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am 35 year old man I have an rta since 2004 have a brikal plakses injuries the have fit by plate & screw. I have lost my right hand power how to recover my power the operation done by Dr. R. R kanujiya at indo horisama institute of hand spine and microsurgery at patna.
I am house wife and I am suffering from foot pain for last 2 months. Please give me a Best advice to rid from this pain.
I have pain in my left heel when I start walking. I did not get any hurt. Pain started spontaneously 20 days ago. When I start walking then more pain feel. After 15 minute walking pain become slower and I can walk normal. Tell me medicine.
If you are aching from these types of symptoms, then probably you are suffering from muscular head aches.
Your headache may appear to radiate from the back to the front of your head.
Your headache be provoked or eased by a neck movement, a sustained posture, stomach sleeping or with your head turned to one side.
Your headache normally appears to be worse on one side of your head. The side is normally constant and does not switch sides.
Your headache appears to temporarily ease up when you apply pressure or you massage your neck or the base of your skull.
If you experience any of the above symptoms, you are more likely than not to be suffering a neck headache. Inform your physiotherapist and they will assist you.
Physiotherapy treatment includes
Stiff neck joints may need to be loosened or unlocked via joint mobilisation (gentle gliding techniques), joint traction or in specific cases a gentle and localised joint manipulation technique.
Hypermobile (or dynamically unstable) joints may require specific deep neck muscle strengthening exercises to stabilize, control and restrict the joint movement available.
Tight or overactive muscles may require stretching, massage, acupuncture, dry needling, or other relaxation techniques.
Weak muscles may require specific strengthening exercises. This may include your postural shoulder blade and neck muscles.
Nerve dysfunction may be directed by your physiotherapist depending upon your specific examination findings. Neurosensitivity is a usual finding that needs to addressed with cautious professional care and attention.
Posture correction may be recommended via specific exercises, posture awareness techniques, taping or a posture brace.
Helpful advice on how to prevent neck dysfunction in the future age awkward neck positions and postures to keep off.