Teeth Grinding or bruxism is a medical condition in which the person gnashes or clenches his teeth during the day or while sleeping. Sleep Teeth Grinding is considered as a sleep-disorder. People who clench their teeth in sleep are likely to have other sleep disorders like snoring. Symptoms of Teeth Grinding our:
• Teeth grinding or clenching loud enough to wake sleep partner
• Flattened, fractured or chipped teeth
• Worn our tooth enamel
• Increased tooth sensitivity
• Tired or tight jaw muscles
• Damage from chewing on inside of the cheek
HOW IS TEETH GRINDING DIAGNOSED?
Diagnosis of Teeth Grinding may be done through a dental examination. Dentist may check for tenderness in jaw muscles, obvious dental abnormalities, missing or chipped teeth and damage to underlying bone and inside of cheeks.
HOW IS TEETH GRINDING TREATED?
Splints and mouthguards.
DID YOU KNOW?
Being a habitual problem, one has to to make a constant effort in dealing with this issue.