Sorry, your search did not match any doctors. Here are some other doctors that we have hand
picked for you!
Show Doctors near me
That's all we have from Shivaji Nagar, Sangli. Here are some top doctors from nearby cities
SURGICAL SITE INFECTION
A surgical site infection occurs when microorganisms get into the part of the body that has been operated on and multiply in the tissues. The signs and symptoms are:
• A superficial incisional SSI may produce pus from the wound site.
• A deep incisional SSI may also produce pus. The wound site may reopen on its own, or a surgeon may reopen the wound and find pus inside the wound.
• An organ or space SSI may show a discharge of pus coming from a drain placed through the skin into a body space or organ. A collection of pus, called an abscess, is an enclosed area of pus and disintegrating tissue surrounded by inflammation.
HOW IS SURGICAL SITE INFECTION DIAGNOSED?
The surgeon uses the following tests to diagnose this condition:
• Samples of the pus may be grown in a culture to find out the types of germs that are causing the infection.
• An abscess may be seen when the surgeon reopens the wound or by special X-ray studies.
HOW IS SURGICAL SITE INFECTION TREATED?
Most SSIs can be treated with antibiotics. Sometimes additional surgery or procedures may be required to treat the SSI. During recovery, make sure that friends and family members wash their hands before and after they enter your room.
DID YOU KNOW?
Make sure doctors, nurses, and other caregivers wash their hands, to in order to prevent SSI