The term insomnia is used for defining a sleeping disorder where the individual is unable to sleep at night. People suffering from the same are unable to sleep or cannot get sound sleep. As a result they are tired all the time and feel groggy or fatigued. Lack of sleep also makes their brain less functional and attentive along with having physical setbacks.
HOW IS INSOMNIA DIAGNOSED?
Diagnosis of the same are done by a general physician who would also check your sleep history and patterns over the past few months.
HOW IS INSOMNIA TREATED?
If an underlying cause has been identified for insomnia, then that needs to be treated. Behavioural therapies may be prescribed for addressing Insomnia. For temporary insomnia, over the counter sleep medications may be given
DID YOU KNOW?
Insomnia is treatable in all patients and often promoting good sleep habit and lifestyle changes can help one overcome this disorder.
When during sleep your breath becomes partly or fully blocked it is referred to as sleep apnea in the world of medical science. It is amongst the various sorts of sleep disorders and sleep apnea is one of the most difficult to diagnose despite the fact sleep disorders like these are quite common. The discomfiture you find yourself in may range from being mild to being quite severe in the case of such sleep disorders. The levels of discomfort vary according to the time your lungs remain devoid of air due to sleep apnea. This pause in the process of breathing may occur from five to in excess of fifty times every hour.
Obstructive sleep apnea is a common form in the variety of sleep disorders and is way more common than the other variants of sleep apnea.
Effects of Obstructive Sleep Apnea
Persons who are affected by these types of sleep disorders which cause narcolepsy may display various symptoms like:
• Sleep doesn't work.
• They may have persistent signs of narcolepsy due to sleep apnea.
• Their sleep disorders might also make their behavior irritable, grumpy or impatient.
• Sleep apnea also causes the patient to be forgetful.
• Patients with sleep disorders like these fall frequently asleep while carrying out their daily routine
• Don't let sufferers of sleep apnea drive as they might fall asleep even while driving!
• Feel sleepy while driving or even fall asleep while driving
• They have almost incurable headaches due to their sleep disorders here namely, sleep apnea
What Causes Sleep Apnea?
Besides the physiological reasons, the factors that lie behind this type amongst the variety of sleep disorders are:
• Large adenoids or tonsils may be the reason behind sleep apnea. During waking hours and in upright position these might not pose much of a bother but sleep disorders like sleep apnea may occur when your airway is pressed down and narrowed when you lie down. That is how sleep apnea typically occurs.
• Irregularly shaped jawbones may also serve as a cause for sleep apnea and other sleep disorders.
• In the case of children usually, the reason behind sleep apnea are bigger than normal adenoids or tonsils.
Medical Exams Conducted to Confirm Sleep Apnea
Besides the usual sleep studies tests like the following are also conducted to determine sleep apnea:
• Tests to determine the amount of gasses in the arterial blood. This helps to determine various types of sleep disorders including sleep apnea.
• An ECG or an electrocardiogram may also be in order to detect sleep apnea.
• Studies into the function of the thyroid may also shed light on sleep disorders which lead to narcolepsy.
Insomnia Cures with CPAP
CPAP is one of the common insomnia cures and is one of the more popular sleep aids. Regular naps are vital to our health as sleep aids the functions of various organs. The process is:
• You put on a mask while sleeping for your insomnia treatment.
• There is an instrument (which is the primary machine which acts as sleep aids) by your bedside that is connected to the mask through a hose.
• Pressurized air is pumped into your airway to keep it open while you are asleep which is the basic function of the insomnia treatment.
Patients undergoing CPAP should relax as it takes time for the patient to be habituated with this form of insomnia treatment. Remember to follow-up and with supportive sleep centres, you would soon feel at home with this form of insomnia cures.
Detailed data on all the major Medicine doctors in Bangalore, Pune, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Chennai etc. are provided by Lybrate. It is time you bid goodbye to sleeping problems.
Call doctors and view Insomnia treatment cost in Aamrai, Balaji Nagar, Bapat Mala, Bhokare Colony, Chandani Chowk, Chandanwadi and in any other locality in Sangli. On Lybrate you can connect with top doctors, book appointment online, see reviews, consultation fees for Insomnia.
All doctors listed above are best doctors available in Vikas Chowk , Sangli for Insomnia. Post a free query today at Lybrate and receive answers from top doctors.