It is a cancer of the blood and bone marrow. This type of cancer usually gets worse quickly if not treated. It is the most common type of cancer in children. The symptoms are:
2. Easy bruising or bleeding
3. Bone or joint pain
4. Painless lumps in the neck, underarm, stomach or groin
5. Pain or feeling of fullness below the ribs
6. Weakness, feeling tired or looking pale.
7. Loss of appetite
HOW IS CHILDHOOD ACUTE LYMPHOBLASTIC LEUKEMIA DIAGNOSED?
A paediatric oncologist uses the following tests to diagnose this condition:
2. Bone marrow aspiration biopsy
3. Cytogenetic analysis
4. Chest X-Ray
HOW IS CHILDHOOD ACUTE LYMPHOBLASTIC LEUKEMIA TREATED?