Eye diseases include
• Refractive errors
• Cataracts - clouded lenses
• Glaucoma - a disorder caused by damage to the optic nerve
• Retinal disorders - problems with the nerve layer at the back of the eye
• Macular degeneration - a disease that destroys sharp, central vision
• Diabetic eye problems
• Conjunctivitis - an infection also known as pinkeye
HOW IS EYES DISEASES DIAGNOSED?
Eye diseases are diagnosed by an eye specialist or an physician. The doctor will perform a physical examination and ask for medical details and family history. Further diagnosis will include tests eg allergy tests, culture, blood test, etc.
HOW IS EYES DISEASES TREATED?
However, Eye Diseases do not always have symptoms and early detection and treatment can prevent any severe damage to the eye. An Ophthalmologist normally treats the eye by prescribing eye drops and light dose of medication. In a severe case of Eye Disease, the doctor might surgically treat the eye.
DID YOU KNOW?
If not treated on time, these eye disease can lead to permanent or temporary loss of vision.
What is Glaucoma?
When you are affected by eye disorders, in this case, Glaucoma, the optic nerve of the eye gets damaged. Glaucoma gets worse with time. A common association of glaucoma is with the build-up of eye pressures which takes place inside the eye. The condition occurs as a result of an increase in eye pressures. This increase, in eye pressures is observed when normal eye fluid circulation is disturbed. Glaucoma has a tendency to be congenital. Glaucoma usually rears its ugly head during the later years of a person’s life.
Types of Glaucoma
Glaucoma occurs in two distinct forms:
• Open-angle glaucoma also known as wide-angle glaucoma.
• Angle-closure glaucoma which is also variously called as acute angle-closure glaucoma or chronic angle-closure glaucoma or narrow-angle glaucoma.
Symptoms of glaucoma include:
• If you are seeing a halo around lights that is among glaucoma symptoms.
• Glaucoma symptoms include loss of vision.
• Red eyes are also symptoms of glaucoma.
• Hazy eyes, particularly in the case of infants are also symptoms of glaucoma.
Glaucoma treatments include:
• Eye drops
• Glaucoma treatment through Laser Surgery
• Micro Surgery
What are Cataracts?
Cataracts are another type of eye disorders. Cataracts cloud the eye lens. Cataracts make vision harder. Cataracts are a common ailment of the elderly.
Types of Cataracts
The various types of cataracts include:
• Cataracts due to age.
• Cataracts that are congenital.
Symptoms of Cataracts
The symptoms of cataracts include:
• Cloudy vision is a symptom of cataracts.
• Your vision gets blurred.
• You experience foggy vision.
• Filmy vision is also a symptom of cataracts.
What is Macular Degeneration?
The centre of the retina is known as the macula. It is the eye tissue layer that is sensitive to light and lies at the back of the eyes. Central vision or the vision of what lies straight ahead is controlled by the macula. Macular degeneration is among eye disorders occurring mostly to people who are aged over 60. This type of macular degeneration is caused by age-related symptoms.
What is the Dry Eyes Syndrome?
The condition, dry eyes, are caused by inadequacy of tears for the nourishment and lubrication of the eyes. Tears are responsible for the maintenance of the eye’s bow surface and for providing clarity of vision. People affected by dry eyes have insufficient tears or the quality of tears is poor.
Consult the best eye doctors and ophthalmologists across Rajkot, Surat, Thane, Thoothukudi, Vadodara and elsewhere in India through the help of Lybrate, the foremost medical resource.
Call doctors and view Eyes Diseases treatment cost in Aamrai, Balaji Nagar, Bapat Mala, Bhokare Colony, Chandani Chowk, Chandanwadi and in any other locality in Sangli. On Lybrate you can connect with top doctors, book appointment online, see reviews, consultation fees for Eyes Diseases.
All doctors listed above are best doctors available in Vikas Chowk , Sangli for Eyes Diseases. Post a free query today at Lybrate and receive answers from top doctors.