Sit at the dinner table, and you'd find yourself invariably extending your hand to the glass of water on the side of your plate. While you may think it's absolutely necessary to have a glass of water during your meals, the truth is this habit of yours might be damaging your health. Read on to find out how.
1. It Dilutes your Gastric Juices - When the digestive acids (acids responsible for the digestion and breakdown of food as well as for killing infectious agents ingested with food) present in your stomach are diluted with water, they bring about a slowdown in the functioning of your entire digestive system. This slowdown results in food remaining lodged in your stomach for a longer period than normal, thereby causing indigestion.
Additionally, the reaction caused by the dilution of water and stomach acids can give rise to cramps in your tummy.
2. It Reduces the Saliva in your Mouth - The same thing that happens to the acids in your stomach, happens to your saliva as well. Water dilutes the saliva, which stops the breakdown of food in your mouth. Also, your saliva is responsible for stimulating your stomach to release digestive enzymes and prepare itself for the process of digestion. By drinking water with your meals, such signals sent by your saliva to your stomach become much weaker. All these together can make digestion very difficult.
3. It Causes Acidity - Studies show that drinking water with your meals not only leads to the dilution of digestive enzymes, but also brings about a reduction in the secretion of digestive enzymes. This causes the undigested food in your stomach to leak into the lower part of your oesophagus (food pipe), causing acidity and heart burn.
4. It increases insulin Production - Sipping on water in the middle of lunch (or any other meal for that matter) causes a spike in your insulin levels just as glycaemic foods (foods with high starch or sugar content such as honey, potatoes, white bread, rice to name a few) would. When your body is unable to digest food properly, it usually tends to convert the glucose filled part of that food into fat and stores it, reason why your blood sugar levels see an upsurge.
5. It Adds to your Weight - Since drinking water causes an increase in insulin levels in your body (as the food you eat is converted to fat), it can result in the piling of extra weight on your body. This is because a weak digestive system is one of the major causes behind obesity.
Try having your meals with less salt and drink water 30 minutes before each meal to control your thirst when you're eating. This can help you in controlling the negative effects that drinking water with your meals can have on your health.
Make a wise choice and stay healthy. Feel free to ask me more questions you might have.read more
Doctor in RANCHI DIET CLINIC
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for RANCHI DIET CLINICYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
How does one switch to a healthy routine?
First, we want to be determined that we would like to follow a healthy routine however not just such a big amount of guarantees or commitments everyday night to induce a begin from consequent day morning. during this quick life, we all, 6years to sixty years area unit following a boring unhealthy modus vivendi which has an intake of quick foods, unplanned work ejaculate work or study pressure for college kids expectation of fast results; ultimately net outcome is uncontrolled stress lifestyles disorders. Life hacking is a very important strategy to manage your entire day with the assistance of correct routine slightly committed with the intentions of own prosperity likewise as one thing for society for overall growth. The expectation is sweet however over expectation or further ‘profit’ or short gains area unit usually prejudicious ne'er be a part of healthy lifestyles. Human psychological science encompasses a nice role which might be well-controlled by some regular healthy practices like last night designing, early morning yoga, contemporary air walking together with a positive thought to attain one thing however not just bear with same routine work simply to pass on a daily basis while not associate degree objective.
Hence, switch currently to a healthy routine & the question is how?
Just ten sturdy commitments on a day :
1) Self-motivation, sturdy & positive mentality invariably.
2) Attempt to do one thing nice by sensible work.
3) Healthy & balanced foods habits with a lot of vegs. protein.
4) Utilize your body & brain by active walking, basic level exercises.
5) Rely on your health way forward for your family at a similar time.
6) Associate degree incomparable learning interest & characterization of your own.
7) Be honest, humble, sanitary & healthy by all means that on a daily basis.
8) Each moment is precious could be a day.
9) Conflict or contradict rather place your best efforts & contribution.
10) Build a note what's wrong these days & rectify tomorrow.
2. Specifically offer ways that to:
• Begin arousal early or move to bed early, however, does one do that?
A real interest in yourself to change your own lifestyles will solely assist you by early getup & early sleep at nighttime. nobody will facilitate here as you're understanding your own betterment of health; therefore you're the most effective decisions.
How you'll be able to, here area unit some attainable rejoinder :
1) Spare simply two min. to pre-plan tonight for tomorrow before attending to sleep since getting up any however at five.30am in summer being in winter as you planned.
2) Attempt to prevent yourself from the portable mania in the main from your all friends visible in whats app or facebook etc.
3) Shut all pc works even it's important to get up tomorrow at half-dozen am as a powerful mental commitment that mustn't be deviated at any price.
4) NO to begin your TV to look at a Hollywood or film industry pic at nighttime when dinner however simply take a couple of minutes for news. you'll be able to manage any time any channel on a similar day through your apps on the market in your good phone.
C. However does one avoid ingestion of junk once hunger strikes?
1) This is often entirely a psychological issue that your neural structure sends the signal obtaining a consent, therefore a lot of spittle, a lot of hunger not for alimentary foods except for junk spicy, deep-fried foods as well as biriyani, roll or quick foods that aren't any doubt high in calorie & high in lipoprotein or TGL.
2) The most effective thanks to supposing the horror facet of your forthcoming future as you're a father or mother nonetheless to assist your kids to become older a career.
3) If you're unmated then additionally you'll be able to rely on future complications like fat, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, even physiological condition. Currently, you will return whereas imagining the dark days & for this ‘who is responsible’.
4) The foremost sensible answer ought to be to hold some calculatedly alimentary high macromolecule, around five hundredth saccharide (100gm), low-fat 2 hundredth (30ml=3tbsp) meals or snacks, a lot of or less in your lunch box. which must be sufficient to eat with a frequency (at bound interval of time) by stretching until late evening till you come back reception from your workplace.
So Friends, just a few motivational tips given for you herewith. If you are really inspired by my blog then send me your "liking " or show of "interests ", so that I can write the 2nd part on this same topic to encourage you further.
Respected Doctor, I want to know about exercise or yoga for type 2 diabetes patient and a healthy diet chart for that same? Thanks.
Hi. I am 21 year old. My weight is 48 kg. And height is 165 cms. please suggest me healthy diet for increase weight. And any others suggestions for good muscles.
Green coffee is now a new trend. Green coffee has miraculous beneficiary qualities.
What is green coffee?
Green coffee is an extract of unroasted, green bean of coffee.
10 benefits of green coffee:
- Blood pressure reducing agent – The chlorogenic acid reduces blood pressure, high blood pressure affects the blood vessels.
- Prevent Alzheimer- green coffee prevents the mental diseases like Alzheimer’s.
- Mental alertness – Green coffee gives strengthen the nervous system, mental alertness. Enhance the mental capacity and enhance concentration.
- Prevent bacterial infection – Green coffee has steviol which strengthens your immune system and prevents bacterial infections.
- Better Diabetic control – The green coffee contains chlorogenic acid which helps in management of sugar level for type 2 diabetes mellitus and also for pre-diabetic,
- Cancer preventive quality – The chlorogenic acid in green coffee contain antioxidant property. The green coffee consumption prevents cancer cell formation.
- Cures depression – The depressed person has shown lower level of brain-derived neurotrophic factor, this brain-derived neurotrophic factor which reduces aging process
- Thermogenic – Green coffee helps to burn fat and also helps to give energy.
- Reduces craving for sugar – The green coffee reduces blood sugar which in turn reduces insulin resistance and sugar craving. It also has chromium and vitamin b complex which reduces craving for sugar.
- Supporting the metabolism – The green coffee enhance the body metabolism,
Therefore, Green coffee is an amazing thing to our body having plenty of beneficial effects.
Sir My father wanted to reduce his weight he is 65 years old how should he reduce his weight please give some advice to do it.
I have a desk job and my weight has been increased by 10 kg I need to reduce my weight please suggest.
Lose Your Weight Quickly but safely – Atkin, Dukan or Keto?
- There is a restriction of veggies as carbohydrates from veggies per serving are also countable in Atkin’s diet.
- Foods included are meat, seafood, dairy, and veggies.
- Good for people who don’t want to count calories but this diet is not good in a long term.
- Foods included are lean meats, fish, low-fat dairy, low starch veggies, oat bran etc.
- Dukan diet allows the foods from the list of hundred of natural foods.
- Dukan diet allows eating till you satisfied from your hunger cue.
- This diet is not recommended for kidney or cholesterol patients.
Dukan Diet main phases:
- Consolidation Phase: You can take unlimited lean protein with veggies fruits like berries, chopped melon, medium apple, orange, pear, peach, kiwis, plums or apricots, little carbohydrates like two pieces of bread, little butter, cheese, pasta, starches up to 225gm/week and fats including 2.5 tablespoons of oat bran per day. In a week one day with lean protein and oats only. This phase is proteins with veggies and limited carbohydrates and fats.
- Stabilization Phase: It is same as consolidation phase only oat bran amount will increase to 3 tablespoons/day. In this phase, no foods are strictly avoided.
In this type of diet, you can get enough quality protein especially lean protein which is the key source of strength, stamina & overall muscle builds up. Body builders can be highly benefitted here this type of diet to get toned body
- There is a risk of losing bone density which results into osteoporosis.
- Low fiber disturbs stomach and causes IBS.
- Not recommended for electrolyte imbalanced patients.
Atkin’s Diet main phases:
- Fine tuning Phase: Dieters should follow the restrictive diet for at least for a month.
- Lifetime Maintenance: Here healthy diet with limited carbohydrate is allowed to maintain a target weight.
- There is no counting of calories the only amount of carbohydrate is monitored to lose weight.
- It allows rapid weight loss thus increases confidence.
- Instead of a high-fat diet, this diet improves health and cholesterol level.
- Though the diet is very restrictive there is a chance of binge eating which causes weight gain instead of losing.
- Following Atkin’s diet may result in constipation, Halitosis, and dehydration.
- There is a risk of weight regain when back to normal life.
The stages of Keto Diet are
- Hack Fasting: When body burns own fat you feel less hungry and intermittent fasting or little gap between foods is good for health.
- Optimum Health: Maintain your optimum health by devoid of harmful foods and including quality foods for a lifetime.
- Releases muscle for the better shape of the body.
- Enhances cognition
- Reduces risk of cancer, neurological disorder, PCOD.
- Increases sports performance.
Not good for athletes who needs high carbohydrates for performance.
Finally, considering all these pros and cons of all the three diets types, Atkin’s diet is the best followed by keto diet and the last is Dukan’s diet for safe weight reduction purpose. This would be the right decision for an individual to take proper advice by a dietitian to prepare a well-balanced low carb diet for fast but safe weight loss.