Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Rajkot. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ashish Ganatra
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Treatment of Swelling
Treatment of Hemorrhoids
Treatment of Kidney Stones
Treatment of Colic
Treatment of Black eye
Treatment of Hernia
Treatment of Blood in Urine
Treatment of Hydrocele
Treatment of Varicose Vein Disorder
Treatment of Deep Vein Thrombois
Treatment of Breast Cancer
Treatment of Gallstones
Treatment of Burns
Treatment of Bladder Stones
Treatment of Anal Fissure
Treatment of Keloid
Treatment of Stomach Cramps
Submit a review for Dr. Ashish GanatraYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Mohd Jaffer Ali
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Ashish Ganatra to be very helpful. Sir product is not available in store medical hall and also 1mg,medical netmeds. Com website só I do sir
Suresh Kumar B
Dr. Ashish Ganatra provides answers that are very helpful, knowledgeable, professional and practical. Thanks for valuable suggestion
Dr. Ashish Ganatra provides answers that are knowledgeable. Thanks for reply. Answer is somehow helpful.
Very nicely explained & treated
Dr Digant Shikotara
Excellent anorectal surgeon
I am 23 year old. I have affect right side inguinal hernia which type of anathesiya is suitable for laparoscopy surgery.
What is best way to cure fistula, not want to go for surgery, due to many constraints request you to guide me on same. Is the kshaar sutra treatment is better.
I have few questions regarding uterine polyps: 1. Can unmarried women develop polyps and can they be removed non surgically? 2. In what circumstances or size of polyp does it require to undergo a surgery. Does fertility get affected by surgery? 3. What is the average cost of undergoing hysteroscopy polypectomy in metropolitan cities?
Sir I am getting up early at night I dnt the reason behind it bt I have a problem that I am having a hiatus hernia and the treatment is going on I am very scared knw.
Any surgery that requires an incision will involve sutures or staples as the last step of the procedure. This helps close the incision and keep out infections. Taking care of your stitches can help limit scarring and discomfort and speed up the healing process. Here are a few things to keep in mind.
- Keep it clean and dry: For the first few days, use a washed wet cloth to clean the incision site. After a few days, you may start washing the area with soap and water unless advised else wise by your doctor. Ensure that you dry the skin thoroughly after washing it. Avoid baths that involve soaking the area in water. Also, avoid swimming. Do not use any powders, lotions, creams, deodorants etc on the wound site.
- Look out for signs of infections: Avoid activities that may involve exposing your wound to dirty water, chemicals, dust etc. This increases your risk of infections. Also look out for signs f infections such as redness, swelling, pus or bleeding, fever or increased pain from the wound. In case you notice such signs, consult your doctor at the earliest.
- Do not scratch: As it heals, your skin is likely to turn itchy. However, refrain from scratching so as to reduce chances of infections. Do not try and pull away from the scab but let it fall off on its own. This will also help limit scarring.
- Limit contact: Avoid wearing tight clothes or anything that sticks to the skin while your wound is healing. Instead have plenty of loose, comfortable clothes easily accessible. Also, do not take part in close contact sports such as football etc until the stitches have healed completely.
- Change your dressing regularly: A dressing should be changed as soon as it gets wet or soaked with blood or other body fluids. Wear clean medical gloves while changing a dressing. When putting on a new dressing do not touch the inside of the dressing or apply any creams on the stitches unless advised so by your doctor. In the case of removable stitches, the doctor will usually remove the stitches after a few days. DO not attempt to pull the stitches out on your own.
- Avoid exposing the wound to sunlight: New skin that forms as the incision heals is very sensitive to sunlight and gets sunburnt very easily. Limiting your exposure to sunlight can help reduce the effects of scarring.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Never be afraid of surgeries for piles, fistula or fissure as now minimally invasive surgeries are available without any cuts, sutures or dressings. No fear of loss of control. Day care surgeries with faster recovery.