Anxiousness, causing distress, which interferes with a person's ability to lead a normal life, is called anxiety. Symptoms are: 1. Feelings of panic, fear and uneasiness 2. Problems seeming 3.Cold or sweaty hands or feet 4. Shortness of breath 5. Nausea, vomiting, dizziness 6. Dry mouth, numbness, muscle tension heart palpitations
HOW IS ANXIETY DIAGNOSED?
Usually, a general physician will carry out a physical examination based on a question and answer session before referring the case to a psychologist or psychiatrist, depending on the severity of the case. The specialist will then study verbal and nonverbal cues to diagnose the anxiety issue.
HOW IS ANXIETY TREATED?
Anxiety disorders are generally treated with psychotherapy, medication, or both. Other treatments that are used are: • CBT (cognitive behaviour therapy) • Self help or support groups • Stress management techniques • Medications e.g. antidepressants • Dietary and lifestyle modifications • Relaxation therapy
DID YOU KNOW?
A reduced consumption of products that contain caffeine, such as coffee, tea, cola, energy drinks, and chocolate can prove to be helpful in order to curb anxiety.
The nervous feeling when you are about to take a test or give a speech is a sign of nervousness. But anxiety symptoms include a distress feeling that shows symptoms of depression to such an extent that it makes living a normal life way too difficult for you. It is a serious type of mental illness and you may have to consult a doctor for anxiety attack or when you start to see sign of depression in your behavior. There are several anxiety symptoms and those include the following mental disorders.
1. Panic disorder- The sign of depression in this mental disorder includes chest pain, palpitations like shortness of heartbeats, or immense sweating. It will make you feel over excited and form a serious type of anxiety attack.
2. Social disorder- These are signs of depression in which you feel that you are being judged by other people including your family members. The anxiety attack is also known as social phobia.
3. General Anxiety Disorder- Also known as GAD in everyday terms, in this type of mental disorders there is a constant worry within you to show anxiety symptoms like excessive tension and unrealistic thoughts. GAD affects the way you lead your normal daily life and you should get psychotherapy treatment from your doctor.
4. Specific phobias- This is a common mental disorder that may give you serious phobias about a specific situation or event like flying or tall heights.
The depression systems in your body may give you this type of anxiety symptoms:
1. Anxiety may give you problem during sleeping
2. Sweaty hands or feet
3. Anxiety symptoms like shortness in breath and over excitement are signs that you are having anxiety attack
The signs of mental disorder can be treated by the way of psychotherapy. Obsessive Compulsion Disorder or GAD shows signs of depression but the exact cause of this is not known. But there are certain factors that contribute to anxiety attack. Those are:
1. Environment- Some factors that lead to gad are heavily dependant on factors like past traumatic experience or the death of a person you loved too much. Consumption or sudden withdrawal of alcohol or drugs may lead to anxiety symptoms or signs of depression. GAD shows signs of stress and can becomes worse too.
2. Genetics- Family history and hereditary plays an important role in the symptoms of GAD and obsessive compulsive disorder. The tendency of GAD can be passed over from among family members.
3. Brain functioning and the pathway of nerve cell that connect with the part of brain that deal with emotion and stress plays an important role in the formation of GAD and anxiety symptoms that shows the sign of depression.
Psychotherapy is the treatment that deals with mental health problems. You can talk with your doctor or psychologist/psychiatrist about your mental illness and the problems you face in your daily life. Psychotherapy is the branch or general term that deals with GAD and obsessive compulsive disorder. Also cognitive behavioral treatment strives to change your reaction to the problems you face in your daily personal life. Cognitive behavioral therapy changes your thoughts and belief to help you lead a better life.
Lybrate offers you the best medical practitioners and psychologists related to GAD and obsessive compulsive disorder in Pune, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata. Subscribe to Lybrate to know more about the signs of depression and anxiety attack along with help and information about psychotherapy treatment.
You can consult doctors online for Anxiety from anywhere, anytime at Lybrate. View consultation fee, reviews and patient feedback before consulting. Find best doctors in Abhanpur, Amleshwar, Amlidih, Amlidih Main Road, Ashoka Ratan, Avani Vihar and in any other locality in Raipur.