Doctor in PRATIMA AYURVEDIC AGENCY
Submit a review for PRATIMA AYURVEDIC AGENCYYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
He was very polite and have good attitude to serve the best quality treatment.
Hepatic encephalopathy is a condition associated with liver cirrhosis. It refers to an abnormal level of consciousness caused by liver failure when toxins start building up in the brain as the damaged liver is unable to remove them from the body. It happens due to the diversion of the portal blood into the systemic circulation and is experienced by patients who have advanced stage of liver dysfunction. It is also a result of the impact of neurotoxic substances, which take a seat into the body after cirrhosis or portal hypertension sets in.
Some of the signs and symptoms of hepatic encephalopathy include disturbed sleep pattern (awake during the night and sleepy during the day), edema of legs, jaundice, ascites, low appetite, fatigue, amnesia, disturbed mind, personality changes, lethargy, pain in the abdomen, loss of memory, coma, and seizure. Hepatic encephalopathy is diagnosed through CT scan, liver function tests, and liver biopsy. Since it is a complicated stage of liver failure, multiple and advanced tests are necessary to establish that it is indeed hepatic encephalopathy. Allopathic medicines, especially antibiotics, are prescribed to treat this condition but they are harsh on the body and also have side effects. On the other hand, Ayurvedic remedies are free from side effects and also bring lasting relief in this disorder.
So, here are some effective natural remedies to treat the condition.
- Tamra Bhasma: A copper-based Ayurvedic remedy, tamra bhasma is ash powder made from copper. It is known to have a tonic-like effect on the liver. It flushes out the toxins accumulated in the liver. It also increases the secretion of bile in the liver and gall bladder. It is very effective in treating symptoms of low appetite. It also aids digestion.
- Echinacea: This Ayurvedic herb is a natural immunizer that boosts the immune system. It is anti-inflammatory and antibiotic in nature and thus, provides relief to the liver. It also enhances the secretion of enzymes in the body and improves blood circulation too. It restores the normal liver functions.
- Guggul: A natural detox herb, guggul removes the accumulated toxins in the liver by increasing the secretion of urine in the human body.
- Bhumyamalaki (Phyllanthus Niruri): It protects the liver against infections and rejuvenates it by cleansing the toxins sitting inside. It is very helpful in ascites, jaundice, and abdomen pain.
- Virechana (Panchakarma): This detoxifying Ayurvedic therapy is beneficial in cases of earlier stages of hepatic encephalopathy. In this remedy, the patient is administered a purgative concoction made of herbs that induce vomiting and removes toxins from the liver. Later, the patient is given a steam bath, kept under observation for a few days and then discharged.
Hepatic encephalopathy is a serious disease of the liver that can turn fatal if not diagnosed and treated on time. The above mentioned Ayurvedic remedies are known to be helpful in treating this condition but one must always take advice from an Ayurvedic practitioner before going for any of these remedies. Self-medication can be dangerous and proper diagnosis is a must."