Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

My sister have a problem in her ear. Doctors told she got a hole and operation would be done to recover that hole, but she don't want operation to be done. She may affect in hearing or Infection. Kindly suggest me what is the suitable method for this?

3 Doctors Answered
Requires surgery only.
1 person found this helpful
Surgery is good option for her, However if she is not getting operated then keep ear dry, avoid cold.
A hole in ear drum- perforation of ear drum requires surgical repair . It improves hearing and usually stops ear discharge associated with this disease. Medicine only will not help in healing of perforation in cases of chronic otitis media.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.