When I place my hand close to my nose n breath I get a foul smell. Why is it so? I also have a bad breath problem which I consulted a dentist got scaling done and now following doctor's instructions. But why there is bad smell from nose .It's not much but still when I take a deep breath then I recognise it.

When I place my hand close to my nose n breath I get a fo...
Gastritis, lung & sinus infection may also be the cause of bad smell in the mouth. 90% of bad breath is due to a dirty tongue. The bacterial film called “plaque” that occurs naturally in your mouth can build up if not removed regularly through good oral hygiene practices. The bacteria in plaque give off an odour that affects your breath. Diet is a common bad breath culprit. Foods such as garlic and onions, in particular, can foul your breath.
Hello! This can be because of your prevailing gingivitis. Somtimes onetime scaling does not improves your oral condition completely. Follow your dentist instructions and go for a repeat Scaling after few months.
Hi, even after scaling done you have bad breath, there could be some other associated problems like sinusitis, acidity or even diabetes. You can have ENT consultation for throat and sinus checkups. And also get your teeth examined again for deep tarter deposits and pocket formation around teeth which might require more extensive gums treatment. Thanks.